Dropbox Reviews

Found 972 of over 1,108 reviews

4.4
Dropbox Founder and CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston
Pros
  • "Dropbox was able to beat my Microsoft pay by almost 100% raise (same level)(in 154 reviews)

• "Great work life balance: flexible location(in 88 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I think the main challenge that Dropbox has is a sub-optimal development infrastructure which significantly slows down development(in 107 reviews)

• "Growing pains and multiple organizational changes post-IPO(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Amazing company to work for

Aug 17, 2022 - Senior International Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Virtual First environment Amazing benefits and comp Collaborative environment Unique culture

Cons

US centric company, but with loads of potential to scale internationally

2. 5.0

Great Place to work

Sep 19, 2022 - Finance in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dropbox is a fantastic place to work, very flexible around work / life balance, you can work the way that suits you best around your other commitments. With the virtual first model, I enjoy working from home, so no daily commute but also have the option of collaborating / meeting people for coffee once a month or whenever suits me Great people leaders and a community network to ensure you are always connected to your work colleagues.

Cons

Nothing major to note here

3. 5.0

Great Company - strong focus on employees

Sep 16, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work/virtual first Strong work-life balance Great working from home allowances Open and Collaborative Culture

Cons

Can be US centric - but getting better

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genuinely a great place to work

Sep 14, 2022 - Undiscolosed
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at DBX for around 3 years and I can wholeheartedly say it’s a pretty great place to work that makes a massive effort to put its people first. The benefits and salaries (in my experience anyway) are beyond anything I’ve experienced before - top tier healthcare, a quarterly stipend to put towards whatever you want, mental health programs. Especially in a fully remote environment, these perks make a big difference. There’s also a bit focus on diversity equity and inclusion, and while it’s not perfect, you’ve got to appreciate the genuine strides being made in that direction. There’s a lot of flexibility when it comes to taking time off. We currently have a company day off once a month, plus unlimited PTO. Time off and actually giving yourself a break is really encouraged and I’ve never had an issue with taking leave or doing whatever I need to do during the day. The virtual first policy (remote) also gives us a lot of flex when it comes to where we work. Finally, there are tons of opportunities to move up and laterally into different roles. I’ve personally always felt pretty encouraged and supported on my career journey

Cons

The virtual first policy (remote working) is still going through teething issues. A lot of people left the big hubs during covid so now that we’ve opened up smaller purpose built offices in those hubs again, they tend to be quite quiet. Some people are working fully remotely, and some still have a strong preference to be in the office.. so I think Dropbox is still ironing out what the future looks like. Also, while we have remote policy, we’re limited to working in locations where Dropbox has a legal entity. The company strategy seems to shift a lot. In 3 years I’ve seen numerous changes of direction and re-hashing our “big bets” and pillars for success. No issue with change where warranted, but maybe senior management needs to pause and consider all of our market nuances before putting all their eggs in another basket

5. 3.0

Good company

Sep 20, 2022 - Enhanced Customer Support Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hybrid working in Dublin Studio and WFH

Cons

Advancement tough, live support requires attention and need to work on projects to progress.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company to work with

Aug 29, 2022 - Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing culture fully remote plenty of growth opportunities

Cons

many teams only have 2 year long contracts

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

As dead end, as dead end comes.

Sep 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, unlimited PTO, good health insurance and pension

Cons

Dropbox is a dead end company....your career won't go anywhere here...honestly. Getting salary increases or promoted is quite literally near impossible unless you are top 1% and based in the states. They have NO talent retention strategy....worst I've ever seen anywhere. Everybody has the same problem - they are at the company for a few years FIGHTING for better pay or promotion....Dropbox do NOTHING about this. Nothing. And if they do promote you the salary bands are a joke, unless you're a manager. They let every single talented employee (especially in EMEA) walk straight out the door. You are disposble at Dropbox. They don't care. Please just go somewhere else if you value progression, pay and equality (they pay everyone different salaries, even at the same level....sometimes thousands more to others.) The ones left at Dropbox now are the ones that have found a balance of just doing very little work but somehow managed to negotiate very good pay up front. They're happy doing nothing and being comfortable. Some People are not leaving because they'll be made work elsewhere and will be found out. Market Growth has stopped, products are struggling in the market, job progression is harder to achieve here than any org I've ever seen and they simply do not value employees high enough and let them walk out the door every single day (attrition is NON stop and terrifyingly high). Honesty and truthfully....go to work somewhere else, especially in EMEA. There are far more exciting companies that actually reward and value their employees and don't create a breeding ground for inequality in terms of compensation and promotion. Also, you can just sense something coming.....possibly more large spread layoffs like they did a 1.5 years ago. Look at the stock price!!!

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Excellent place to work

Jun 28, 2022 - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great inclusive culture Great management Good Career Opportunities Great offices Great free food Free drinks

Cons

Long Hours High Stress at times

Dropbox Response

We are so happy to hear you enjoy working at Dropbox! We have many teams in place to make sure we are providing career growth opportunities and fostering an inclusive work culture, even in Virtual First!

9. 3.0

Still behaves as startup

Jul 4, 2022 - Program Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, perks, remote working and great people.

Cons

bad management and very low career growth opportunities.

2 people found this review helpful

Dropbox Response

It’s wonderful to hear that you are enjoying our work life balance, benefits and company culture! We’re constantly working to create more growth opportunities for all employees. We encourage you to take advantage of our Career Development resources as well as your HRBP! We’re all a work in progress, but we’re learning and improving every day with feedback like yours.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and a lot of smart people

Jun 21, 2022 - Global Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for - people are truly impressive and super smart

Cons

Sometimes expectations are unrealistic ping-pong table and other "entertainment" are purely decoration items as you have absolutely no time to use them

Dropbox Response

Thanks for leaving us a review! Best of luck in your new role!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 972 Reviews

Dropbox Reviews FAQs

Dropbox has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 1,108 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Dropbox to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dropbox employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dropbox. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

87% of Dropbox employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dropbox 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Dropbox Job Seekers