Dropbox Reviews

Updated 17 May 2020

Dropbox Founder and CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston
Pros
  • "It has always been amazing to work for a good company and surrounded but smart people(in 38 reviews)

• "extremely good work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love Dropbox"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Dropbox full-time

Pros

- Seriously the people. Colleagues are humble, very smart and friendly. If you have feedback, you are encouraged to share it and people are thankful for it. It is a really nice, friendly and fun environment to work in. - Hypergrowth mentality. Dropbox has gone through incredible growth and you are encouraged to chase the next big idea to foster that. - Perks. Very well known to a lot of people, the Tuck Shop serves the best corporate food (can only speak for Dublin and SF). Office gym and classes are incredible.

Cons

- Lacking international representation in management as they are mostly Irish. This is a more recent development so would be great to see talents from all over EMEA leaning in as Dublin is the international HQ.

Dropbox2019-09-03

October 7, 2019Talent Brand Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. It's very much appreciated!

2. "Recruitment/Onboarding was an amazing experience"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was extremely relaxed and certainly put me at ease regarding joining a company of this size. The onboarding experience so far has been wonderful and extremely well organised and coordinated. A+++

Cons

None so far. The experience has been one of the best I have ever experienced.

Dropbox2020-01-09

March 2, 2020Talent Brand Team

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We’re glad you’re enjoying your time at Dropbox and that from the first interview to your current stage in the onboarding process, you’ve had a great experience.

3. "Great potential"

Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people amazing food Good for those looking for their first career experience

Cons

Management Little to no career development management is now mainly Irish product is not growing with the competition Its who you know not what you know

Dropbox2020-04-08
  4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Dropbox full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, network and amazing benefits

Cons

Structures are not always clear

Dropbox2020-03-04

"So close, yet so very, very far."

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Dropbox full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Food. Awesome People. Strong Direct Management.

Cons

Weak Product, at the end of the day, Dropbox is a weak product, and one that requires such an insane amount of Niche, that it makes it almost impossible to make a Quick Turnaround Sale. Broken Org Structure. Stupid amount of Contracters, absolutely ridiculous that out of 500 people in Dublin, more than half are contracters, you should be SERIOUSLY ASHAMED of yourselves.

Continue reading
    Dropbox2020-02-10

March 2, 2020Talent Brand Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We value your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Tuck Shop offerings as well as the Dropboxer community. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. Our teams are working to build a world class, indispensable product and are continuously looking at our internal organizations and processes to reflect that. With that said, we appreciate this constructive review and have shared this information with our EMEA sales HRBP. Thank you again and best of luck in the future!

6. "Business Development Representative"

I worked at Dropbox full-time

Pros

*Great Culture, values and people

Cons

*Carrer Progression, personal development possibilities

Dropbox2019-12-09

March 6, 2020Talent Brand Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Dropbox.

"Sales"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dropbox full-time

Pros

The company sends you overseas to USA for training which is awesome very easy to make friends, colleagues are humble and friendly Free gym and free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner including snacks) Awesome work parties Great bonus (when meeting target)

Cons

Target is ridiculously high in sales. Management seems only to care about results instead of the well being of its employees which is not right, instead when asked for more help management does not want to step in and says it is your responsibility to find out on your own.

Continue reading
    Dropbox2019-12-11

March 6, 2020Talent Brand Team

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We’re really glad to hear that you’re enjoying a lot of our work benefits, including the overseas training program for our sales team members! Regardless, we are sorry to hear that you are feeling frustrated with the expectations within your team. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP or please feel free to email talent-feedback@dropbox.com if you’d like to share more specific feedback. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

"Program manager"

I have been working at Dropbox full-time

Pros

Great food and benefits and everyone is very friendly. Offices also very nice and comfortable.

Cons

Constantly change strategy and suddenly decide they don’t need people. This will happen out of the blue and the treatment then is not good.

Dropbox2019-11-26

November 26, 2019Talent Brand Team

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Growing pains in any company are normal, as they find their stride. With us recently launching Dropbox Spaces, and moving toward building the world’s first smart workspace, changes including org changes are to be expected. Regardless, we’re sorry to hear that you haven’t been treated well during the re-orgs, changing teams and organization is not an excuse for treating people poorly. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP if there’s any specific issues you’d like to discuss or feel free to email talent-feedback@dropbox.com.

9. "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - IT Support Analyst

I worked at Dropbox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great job culture, great pay, lovely enivorment to work in

Cons

Can be long days in the office if your not careful due to the amenities available on site

Dropbox2019-10-30

November 26, 2019Talent Brand Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

10. "Dropbox"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Dropbox full-time

Pros

Great benefits with an amazing working atmosphere

Cons

The interview process is very long

Dropbox2019-09-17