Dropbox Reviews

Found 785 of over 890 reviews

4.3
Dropbox Founder and CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston
Pros
  • "extremely good work life balance(in 49 reviews)

• "It has always been amazing to work for a good company and surrounded but smart people(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Too many org changes, still experiencing growing pains, poor change management communication(in 34 reviews)

• "No work-life balance, especially if you have kids; the culture is mostly young people recently out of school (0-2 yrs of work experience)(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Sep 21, 2021 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

* A company that truly cares about their staff * Dropbox always looks for ways to make things easier for employees - for example a company day off every month * The future of work is here and Dropbox is championing this in how we have shifted to Virtual First working. It has created much more balance for me with a small family, we are learning as we go but you can really see the efforts the company makes to make sure we as staff are ok!!

Cons

I really can't think of any, all challenges encounter we face as a team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary Excellent benefits Lots of freedom to be creative Genuinely nice people to work with

Cons

Processes are fuzzy, different marketing teams don’t always work the best together when they need to

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Blank

Jul 19, 2021 - Deal Desk in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are as good as it gets

Cons

Not clear on company direction

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good work environment

Jun 25, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good pay and Interesting work

Cons

- Fully remote (may be a pro for some)

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Was an incredible place to work, now not so much

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance (some teams) Some nice perks

Cons

All the good people have left Stagnation Virtual first

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work

May 25, 2021 - Lead Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work. I would highlight: work environment, facilities, benefits, colleagues and salary

Cons

Non clear process in workflows

Dropbox Response

Thanks for leaving a review! We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your time working at Dropbox!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

5* Company Culture

May 6, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Brilliant company culture and amongst top benefits offered in industry - Remote working policy - Unlimited paid time off

Cons

- Product can be a tough sell sometimes. Competing against Microsoft & Google

Dropbox Response

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits of working at Dropbox. We wish you the best in your next endeavor!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Mar 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work environment, great benefits

Cons

A lot of change over the past year, high attrition, lack of resources in roles required

1 person found this review helpful

Dropbox Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We know there have been a lot of changes in the past year because of the global pandemic—but we're looking forward to our new Virtual First strategy that will amplify our mission and increase benefits offered to Dropboxers around the world.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place to work

Mar 16, 2021 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly colleagues are the main benefit

Cons

Strategy is in constant flux Many decisions made in USA

Dropbox Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We’re grateful to hear that you felt supported by your fellow Dropboxers during your time here. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Dropbox we knew is Dead and Buried

Mar 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, allowed to expense food, L&D Budget

Cons

The Dropbox everyone once knew, was proud of and loved to work for is now a thing of the past. The company has been coasting off the fact that the Dropbox culture still exists, when it truly doesn't, in any shape or form. It's just a bunch of falsities around the fact that 'everything is still great'. Work has simply become work now, with next to no play. When you're stuck in that situation with very little else to motivate you then truth really hits home and the true colours can shine. Turnover is disgracefully high, with a large chunk of top level execs, engineers and extremely talented employees realising there's very little to stay for (don't blame them) and leaving. We've been listening to the same buzz words for months now around the company vision, goals, strategy...but there's next to no change. Seems laying off a bunch of staff and then moving a bunch of remaining staff into positions they've never worked in or want to work in (without any option) is the new norm now...all without promotions, proper pay increases etc - even if workload and responsibilities have increased four-fold. I'm so disappointed. Everything started off so well several years ago, but it truly has fallen to pieces.....and I feel bad for those that have just accepted it and will stick around. No more office, no relocation allowed for EMEA staff, no more culture....no more old Dropbox - the one that had one of the best reputations in tech.

8 people found this review helpful

Dropbox Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Like all companies last year, we have made some major adjustments to the way we work in light of the pandemic, but we feel we have great opportunities to grow and so much to look forward to in the future of Dropbox. We have formed teams that are dedicated exclusively to evolving our culture in a Virtual First environment, and others that have been focused on increasing the amount of learning and development opportunities for all employees. We’ve even created Vibe Committees, regional groups of community ambassadors and employees from all different positions who are empowered to contribute ideas and work together to impact and improve our culture. If you have some ideas you’d like to explore, we’d encourage you to consider joining the EMEA Vibe Committee. Thank you again for your thoughts!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 785 Reviews