Zillow Reviews

3.8
Zillow CEO Rich Barton
Rich Barton
Cons

"Fast paced tech company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Forecasting Workforce Analyst

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

They are inclusive, and have good missions statement and values.

Cons

work is uneven amongst businesses need more balance

July 2, 2020VP, Recruiting

Thank you for being part of our mission and believing in our values. As we move fast toward Zillow's next chapter, it will be important for us to continue to look for opportunities to better support each other and ensure that there are more equitable workloads and resources across teams. I see this happening every day, but we can always get better and will take your feedback to heart.

2. COVID-19

"Zillow is the best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

I want to emphasize on the companys' culture here because innovation and technology at Zillow is already known to the world and that they are the best in the country in home buying business. Since day 1, I felt a sense of belonging at this Company. Zillow listens, empathizes cares about their employees. Amidst of COVID and all the things going on in the world, everyone in the company stood up for each other, and made sure things are taken care of. Our CEO is in constant communication with the employees on the company's financial position and assured employees that everything is going to be ok, especially during these unpredictable times. They constantly take employees feedback and make sure appropriate changes/improvements are kept in place based on the feedback. Best CEO, Best Management, Best Employees, Best Innovation.. I would say, Zillow is the best company to work for.

Cons

Cant think of anything at the moment!

June 24, 2020VP, Recruiting

We take pride in and have always been intentional about creating a culture that values innovation and where people are supported both personally and professionally. I'm so glad to hear that your first few months at Zillow have been so positive. Thank you for sharing about your experience here.

3. "Best place to work for!"

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a company that has your best interests at heart is the best! I’ll never look back.

Cons

I have no cons currently.

June 24, 2020VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. Finding ways to support our people and sustain a culture in which everyone can do their best work is as important as anything else we do. I hope that your experience over the next months (and hopefully years) is as rewarding as your initial experience working at Zillow.

"Great company, the sales org will drain the life out of you"

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. My colleagues are incredible people.

Cons

Upper management truly cares less about their reps. I believe in what we stand for and I have been told by clients I am the best rep they have had but management is so out of touch with what we have to do day to day. We are a huge $ factor and what is going to push us to the Zillow of the future. This job is a grind for money and whatever it takes mentality. You are a number and they could care less about your success. For example: they offered to extend discounts to our partners, but what that means is every sale we bring back will count towards half of our quota yet during normal months reoccurring revenue means nothing towards our commission. They raised our quota and please if you think of coming here just know the commission structure is nothing like it should be for a consultant. We are supposed to wear so many hats as coaches, customer service, and constantly have to save clients that loathe the company while all still trying to get them to buy more, more and more. Every. single. month. Let us actually consult and grow relationships. I have been told countless times that all I do is try to sell them more, and it's true. Don't call us consultants when we're not because you have made our quotas so high so we can't focus on consulting with the stress to hit quota. Know that those at the top have to operate in the grey to hit those numbers. This company has potential but the commission structure is only here to make $ for the company and I have realized I can't consult and impact my clients business the way I had hoped because at the end of the day if they don't buy more it is a complete waste of time. There's so much good about this company but the sales organization is cancerous.

Continue reading

""RACISM HAS NO HOME HERE""

Former Employee - Call Center

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

good benefits, fancy lobby space, but then you get sardine with the rest of the people in the back

Cons

they say "racism has no home here" but just take a look at their executive leadership, not one person of color.

June 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. We acknowledge that we have a lot more work to do as a company in this space, with 35% of our employees diverse, and only 5% Black. We are committed to doing more to improve the diversity of our workforce, leadership, and our board. To start, we're lifting barriers and removing bias at all stages of the candidate experience to ensure our team reflects the diversity of our customers, partners and the communities we serve. We are intentional in how we engage with diverse communities, support organizations committed to providing resources and opportunities to underrepresented communities, and sponsor diverse recruiting conferences to show how Zillow is both a great place to work and an environment where everyone can feel valued, supported and that they belong. While we’ve made some progress, it’s clearly not enough. We can and will do more.

"Misaligned and micromanaged"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Company really believes in the long term vision and is steadfast in achieving it.

Cons

Mid-tier (group and director) management is very involved in the minutia of product development. The desire to go deep and into the weeds indicates room for management to develop stronger communication or trust and results in a lack of autonomy and team thrash. There's an overwhelming sense of project management instead of product management with PMs executing a vision and strategy they have little control over. Product groups reflect the lack of confidence within leadership and are territorial, often jumping to defend their surfaces and constituencies at the cost of Zillow 2.0.

June 29, 2020CTO

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and your feedback on solutions. As you mention, we are steadfast in achieving our long-term vision and we are committed to fostering a supportive and innovation culture. This also means that success requires us to constantly iterate and find better ways of working together. If you're willing, please reach out to me directly so that I can better understand your experience, davebei@zillowgroup.com.

"Worst leadership you could possibly imagine. Undercover discrimination is a normal thing at this company."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Representatives that I worked with were some of the best people I have ever worked with. Too bad Zillow did not look at those team members as being good enough to even being considered for a promotion.

Cons

So many. So so many. So so so many! Most Important (To Me): Zillow Discriminates Against US Veterans. If you are a US Veteran be ready for a fight for what you have daily cause someone WILL make your life hard. Not If, When.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Great Pay! 7k/month commissions at best

Cons

cut throat environment where employees stepped over each other for success. To sell and survive, you'll end up over promising and under delivering

June 16, 2020VP, Premier Agent Sales

Our sales team is most certainly a high-producing group. The team works hard and it's teamwork that fuels our success. I'm disappointed to hear that this was not your experience, as that is not the type of team culture we work hard to cultivate. We take all feedback seriously and will follow-up with team leaders with this insight. If you have anything further to share, please feel free to reach out to me. Best of luck with your future endeavors. - Stephen Capezza

9. COVID-19

"Best Company I Have Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Strategic Sourcing Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I continue to marvel at the way Zillow has handled balancing profitability to humanity and this has never been so evident as the way the Leadership team led by our CEO Rich Barton have dealt with communication and support during Covid-19. When I came here almost 2 years ago, I had zero interest in real estate but was mainly drawn to the culture. And this has been the best culture fit for me by far. The commitment ZG gives to Diversity and inclusion as well is inspiring to me. If I could retire here, I would.

Cons

The downsides at ZG are really just hiccups rather than deal breakers for me. Navigating ambiguity is always a challenge for me, but it doesn't matter what company.

May 22, 2020VP, Recruiting

You know, there's no reason you can't retire here...our goal is to be here for the long haul. Thank you for taking the time to leave your thought here and for being part of the Zillow family.

10. COVID-19

"The best career move I ever made!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant Senior in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, benefits, uncapped income potential, team spirit, forward-thinking and customer-focused, employee-focused, brand recognition...the list goes on and on.

Cons

Sometimes communication and execution of priority initiatives is spotty.

May 28, 2020Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

I'm glad you are feeling supporting during this time and that Zillow has been the right place for you. It matters to us. We're all experiencing uncharted territory right now and it has required an incredible amount of agility, understanding and creativity on the part of every employee. Stay safe, we'll keep moving forward and get through this, together. Thank you. -- Ann Sobil

Found 818 reviews