Wayfair Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.2
Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah
Niraj Shah
1,213 Ratings
Pros
  • "fringe benefits (including free snacks)(in 170 reviews)

• "Wayfair also has a fantastic company culture with great work/life balance(in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think our salaries are slightly below average (the price to pay for the work life balance though)(in 69 reviews)

• "This made upper management changed the goals to become unrealistic(in 60 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to learn, be challenged, and develop your career. There are endless opportunities to lead projects, learn from intelligent colleagues, and develop new skills, all in an exciting, very fast-paced environment. You feel supported by senior leadership who actually want to see you succeed and grow and will give you opportunities to lead and drive strategy for the business. Wayfair also has a fantastic company culture with great work/life balance. We work hard, but we have a lot of fun as well!

Cons

Leveling/titling at Wayfair is a little interesting and doesn't always seem to match with years of experience. Most people seem to come in at the same level, regardless of the prior years of experience they have, and they tend to down-level people quite frequently from where they were at previous companies. That being said, you're given the support and tools to build your career and move up the ladder pretty quickly.

Wayfair2019-03-12
  2. "Training UK"

Current Employee - Virtual Sales and Service Consultant in Galway

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training and trainers that will give all the tools to become a very important part of the Wayfair Virtual Team, Jo and Fiona are excellent at delivery and patient with those that need more assistance . I am looking forward to progressing within Wayfair.

Cons

None at the moment and do not forsee any

Wayfair2019-12-03

"Septic Place to work"

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was once a great place to work but not any more

Cons

Incompetent middle management , nepotism is rampant in promotions , they specialise in giving you the news that you've in any way done anything no matter how small it is wrong, however the good news seldom comes. constant nit picking. huge attrition rate - reasons being given - personal reasons ha ha. there are reason so many people walk

Advice to Management

Its the management are the issue. the place is blessed with super competent front line staff who leave. it aint rocket science

Wayfair2020-01-21

"Just okay"

Current Employee - Trainer in Galway

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with are amazing. Easy to fit in and talk to anyone. Employee engagement ideas are fun and quirky nice to get little treats now and again.

Cons

Salary far below industry standard. You can move up in the company and still earn as much as the frontline staff due to annual bonus instead of monthly, same monthly wage as when on frontline. Bonus for my role paid annually and majority of it goes to tax therefor you basically dont get a bonus. Too many changes and not enough communication. Managers and trainers not being trained but expected to be good at their job

Advice to Management

Train staff and up salary to match industry standard. Communication is key! Listen to yearly reviews and make changes

Wayfair2020-01-03

"Possibly the worst job in Ireland"

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home Not having to look directly and the horrible people managing you

Cons

So many to start I’d have to say the pure ignorance of managers and “virtual coaches” the lack of compassion for mental health and the lack of training provided to employees who are struggling with the unrealistic targets provided... no benefits to this job at all nothing but stress and misery the customers are horrible and I can’t blame them because the processes behind resolving there query’s are a ridiculous excuse for any company this day in age.... I hope I live to see the day they claim bankruptcy

Advice to Management

If you have a heart leave and get a job that allows you to be compassionate towards there employees

Wayfair2020-01-22

"Sales & Service Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales & Service Consultant in Galway

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easily bond with other new employees, lovely people in the "nesting" phase of training.

Cons

Training, stressful, afraid to ask questions once you get out of the "nesting" phase.

Advice to Management

I have heard there used to be a 4 week training program and that is what is needed not a 3 week, there is still a hell of a lot to get over in the 3 week training period and putting employees on the floor that early is like lambs to a slaughter. I can understand being thrown in the deep end might be the best way for some people to adjust to the job but there is a lot of confusion that isn't explained after the "nesting" phase with certain protocols and company polices. Humiliation is not the best tactic to keep people in the company, if you make an error in the beginning management should understand you're still new to the process and shouldn't speak to you in a patronising tone and make feel you feel like you've committed a crime due to the lack of knowledge gained from the confusing training.

Wayfair2019-12-27

"customer service representative"

I worked at Wayfair full-time

Pros

good management, opportunity to grow inside the company

Cons

stressful job and rude customers

Wayfair2019-09-15
  8. "Wayfair: A great place to begin career in finance"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Galway

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee oriented company. Reasonable expectations and very understanding and supportive low-level management.

Cons

Comparatively low salary. Autocratic strategic direction.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced and qualified staff rather than constantly maintaining headcount with interns.

Wayfair2019-08-29

"The most awful place I have ever worked, horrible company that treat their employees like filth."

Former Employee - Sales and Service Consultant in Limerick, Limerick
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely none, nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Abusive customers No support from company or managers Awful work hours could be expected to work a 48 hour wk with no overtime. Treated like you are a robot. Always changing the perimeters the job from one week to another. Left Feeling isolated. Kpi’s that are impossible to achieve. What you are sold in the interview is bs. The worst company I ever worked for, so glad to get out of it.

Advice to Management

Give proper support to your staff, follow through on promises, don’t give them the usual lip service, the American clap trap!

Wayfair2019-09-23

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are lovely but big turn over of staff. This means that you stop trying to get to know new people. If you're not looking to progress your career and stop caring about making the customer happy, it becomes much easier and you'll be recognised more. In other words, play the game to get your metrics. Do this and it's fine.

Cons

It is a very tough job between dealing with overly entitled customers and very difficult metrics. The management mainly belongs to the one clique. If you aren't in it you won't progress far in customer care. You'll be promised everything under the sun in meetings about career progression. Don't believe an iota. If you're still wanting to work There. Play the game and good luck to you. The customers can be awful. I'm was regularly screamed at. I can ignore being spoken down to (as I'm serving them) but I believe many actively tried to be as aggressive as possible in order to bully compensation out of us. Tbh, it often worked.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your buddies or make it less obvious. Don't just focus solely on metrics or talk to the people playing the system. Consider putting a message at the start of the call to say customer aggression will not be tolerated.

Wayfair2019-08-11