Tenable Reviews

Updated 21 Sep 2020

2.4
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran
Pros
  • "Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk(in 32 reviews)

• "Excellent work/life balance - Opportunities to work from home and prioritize personal and family life(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing very fast so a lot of people are new(in 21 reviews)

• "None of which are really negatives just a little growing pains(in 14 reviews)

1. "Operations"

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is very attractive, boasting a place for everyone within the workforce where you are encouraged to be your authentic self! Remote working is encouraged and there is plenty of opportunity for career advancement which is underpinned with support and nurture from peers and management alike. Free snacks, good salary and benefits, social events and a Guinness tap definitely keep spirits up! The offices are really cool and you are provided with spectacular views all year round!

Cons

No Crash Bandicoot for PlayStation in the Games Room but one can hardly call that a con!

"Avoid at all costs, you have been warned........"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office, snacks, that’s all

Cons

Worst place ever, they don’t even deserve 1 star. Senior management within support are incompetent, using bullying and intimidation. So much so that 2 support staff just walked out of the office, never to return. In the VP’s words “Dublin is hot guys, if you don’t like it, leave”. On more than one occasion he has used this form of intimidation. What a way to inspire, encourage and make people feel good about their work. The managers in Dublin are terrified of him, resulting in them having no integrity, blatant liars, no morals. They are just his foot soldiers doing his dirty work. Actually a pity, as Tenable has the potential to be a great place to work.

"A new low"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks, location, work from home, office

Cons

Toxic culture after from management. To have any sort of career you need to be prepared for fear to be instilled into you and never challenge anything the management says. You are being forced into participating with overtime because of the unmanageable workload as it was said that the overtime attendance will be scrutinized. Overtime attendance scrutinized? Really? Is that allowed? Employees that are not proficient are given admin roles instead of training and development being provided. There were people brought into meetings and told that they need to sever all ties with their colleagues/friends if they want to progress in the company. This is such an archaic, backward way of thinking for a company that portrays such a forward way of thinking and from the outside it prides itself on fairness and equality. The need to micromanage is so prevalent in this company that it is having a detrimental effect on its employees and forcing them to look elsewhere. There is a hugely increasing the workload on the few people who are trying to stick it out and hope that things will change. Internal positions are already decided before the interview happen. This wastes everybody’s time and it totally unfair on the people who want to be given a fair chance The employees who speak up or try to have any say in their roles and development are being forced out the door to make way for the “yes sir” culture. This approach is so backward and outdated. So, if you want an awful experience, a fearful environment and huge workload with no career progression then Tenable is the place for you.

Continue reading

"Avoid Tech Support in Dublin at all costs"

Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Tenable

Pros

Nice office and free snacks.

Cons

- VP hired a whole bunch of Senior Managers that lack the product knowledge to be actually useful. -Senior Managers are uninspiring, they have no original ideas and only implement procedures from their previous companies (round hole, square peg). Since they have no grasp of our products they are unable to tell the difference between unreasonable escalations and actuall high priority issues, meaning everything is escalated, everything is critical. -Staff are stressed out and tired of empty promises. They currently have massive backlogs that are only getting bigger. Queues are unmanageable and staff are told to 'work smarter' and 'do more with less'. -The company will no longer invest in staff causing a high employee turnover. Most staff are still in training. -Slow recruitment, take a long time to replace staff who left - Staff are stressed to the point of breakdown but this is invisible to Senior Managers. -Training and education are gone out the window

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to be micro managed - fantastic place to work If you want statistics thrown in your face - you’ll love it If you want these statistics manipulated so they fit managements agenda - you’ll go a long way If you want to work in a company with no quality control - this is the place for you If you like to work with unmotivated, burnt-out colleagues - you could not find a better place to work If you like uninspiring, dictatorship management - great place Could go on.... I think ya get the idea

Cons

Can’t think of any now

"Empowered to make a difference"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to work in a company that has the aim of making the world a little safer, one less data brach at a time. Remote working is part of the culture so great flexibility to work from where ever. Offices are unique and the location i great. Willing to invest in me and the tools I need to do my job.

Cons

There can be too many tools in use in certain cases. Would be good to standardise. Sometimes due to the remote work culture the office can be too quiet. Communication from head office and local leaders can be more effective.

"Awesome vibe"

4.0

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm with Tenable just under 1 year and loving the vibe. Everyone mixes well with others and across other teams.. it's refreshing not to have 'clicks' and feel excluded. Management are friendly and approachable and you cant beat the location - everything on the doorstop which is so convenient.

Cons

Seems still in growth mode in Dublin but good improvements made since I joined. As with all organisational growth there can be teething problems but nothing overly problematic. I can see a good future with Tenable.

"Terrible Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office close to the city, great office space, salary, perks.

Cons

Very toxic culture. It became very Darwinian at the end of my tenure. There is an underlying fear to management to say a happy, happy, happy. Silos of people with favoritism creating an informally hierarchical org. Fall on the wrong side, you can forget about advancement.

Continue reading

"Great Office, Great Team"

4.0

I have been working at Tenable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really cool new office right on the quays, short walk to public transport and shops and cafes etc. Nice kitchen with free snacks etc. Supported and included by the local team aswell as the US HQ team. Very flexible and supportive managers and you are trusted to work very much autonomously.

Cons

There can be some teething problems when a company is growing quite rapidly but this is true of any company.

"loveliest cyber security company ever ♥♥"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Tenable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing location, The office atmosphere is very positive and full of energy. Competitive salary and great benefits. If you are creative , intelligent and cool person who is looking to work in a lovely environment that admires your work and encourages you to step up your career? Then please join us, Tenable is the right place and we love talented people ;) Senior management are very supportive, They will be around you if you need anything. On-boarding and new hire training in US is great plus. If you like having fun, join social events and team activities then you will get tired of them soon at Tenable.

Cons

I love Tenable, hence find it bit difficult to fill in this part. Anyway, although we have a lovely kitchen with free snacks, but the coffee machine is bit odd, it takes 15 mins to warm up and sometimes the touchscreen menu language switches to German by itself so we end up picking the wrong drink, also important to mention the sugar cubes runs out very quickly so reserving one or two in your emergency pocket is not a bad idea .

Found 153 reviews