Spotify Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.6
Spotify CEO Daniel Ek
Daniel Ek
Pros
Cons
  • "growing pains and learning how to be efficient(in 20 reviews)

• "The salary is not great compared to other companies in Stockholm, but including the other perks (like stock options) it's still a pretty neat package(in 16 reviews)

1. "Work on a product you love"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at Spotify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Spotify hires top talent and has great growth prospects. The CEO is clearly the smartest person at the company.

Cons

Pay is competitive in Stockholm but in NYC it is not when compared with Google, Facebook, or Netflix.

Spotify2019-11-15
  2. "Quite simply the best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Spotify full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people The attitude towards each other The leadership team Exciting challenge

Cons

Many career progression opportunities only exist if you are prepared to be located in specific regions, namely Stockholm or New York.

Spotify2019-11-12
  3. "Great place to work, and have fun with music"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at Spotify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good environment, friendly colleagues, a lot of trust and vision from PM and managers

Cons

Work life balance should be less life, sometimes.

Spotify2019-11-09
  4. "Best company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Spotify full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at the company for two years. Never have I worked somewhere where there is such a focus on staff well being and staff engagement. The office environment is second to none - We moved in last year and it’s absolutely wonderful. It’s been designed with staff in mind so there are loads amazing areas to work from, you have the Hideaway which is for quiet working with cool sofas and a smoothie bar, Fitness... Studio, collaborative squad areas for teams, the ‘pitstop’ for grab and go items with fridges stocked to the brim with free food and drinks and we are all eagerly awaiting new new ground floor to open which will include a stage area, cafeteria for free hot meals, coffee shop, games rooms etc. Spotify is unique in that it is headquartered out of Stockholm. New York and London are its 2nd and 3rd biggest hubs. You get to travel pretty frequently if you so wish which one of my favourite things about the company - It’s truly global. All meeting rooms are decked out with Google Hangouts too so it’s super easy to have video calls with anyone no matter their location . All staff get new Apple Macs upon joining and the choice of an Android or iPhone - We are very lucky to be given the very latest in technology whereas lots of my previous companies would give staff pretty old stuff to work with. The benefits are insane such as stock options upon joining, Bupa Dental, Bupa Healthcare, 6 months full pay maternity and paternity benefit with a 7th month gradual back to work, 12% pension (4% you 8% Spotify), 6 free counselling sessions a year, flu vaccinations, weekly massages, agile working so you can work from home pretty frequently thanks to Google Hangouts, crazy amount of free food and snacks daily and great Summer and Holiday parties too. Everyone is super friendly which make it an incredibly enjoyable environment to work in.

Cons

We hire 120 every month globally so there needs to be a focus on ensuring that the culture remains there. That’s like the size of a company every month.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I’m inspired to be working for a ‘change the world my company which is focused on ensuring we are the best audio platform in the world.

Spotify2019-11-08
  5. "Great"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Spotify full-time

Pros

Great place to work all around

Cons

there are no cons to working here

Spotify2019-11-08
  6. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst in Jurong West New Town, West

I have been working at Spotify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open and transparent culture, Good Benefits, Opportunity to travel

Cons

Lack of career growth, Ambiguous environment

Advice to Management

Senior Leadership team is excellent.

Spotify2019-11-06
  7. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Spotify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits and fantastic culture in Sydney office

Cons

Small teams, everyone works very, very hard. Not a bad thing if you have the right people in your team, but can be seen as very intense workload for people who aren't used to putting their head down/have adequate time management skills.

Spotify2019-10-27
  8. "Good people who care a lot about the Spotify product"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Spotify full-time for less than a year

Pros

First off, Spotify is a very strong product. Extremely passionate people that make me excited to go into work every day. Most engineers are bright and also approachable. Worklife balance is strong: 6 months of parental leave, paid on-call rotations. Great office with a lot of perks (free lunch, snacks, barista, band room with musical instruments to play with). Everyone is trusted to do the right thing (and it... seems as if they do - most people seem to have good intent). Basically, if you like tech and music this is the place to be!

Cons

Sometimes things move slowly and it's easy to get trapped in a lot of meetings if you don't aggressively manage your calendar. Compensation is not on par with Google, Facebook, Apple but I think the benefits make up for this.

Advice to Management

Focus more on ensuring teams deliver results. Cut out unnecessary planning meetings.

Spotify2019-10-24
  9. "Fun"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Cambridge, England

I worked at Spotify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely office Friendly Good atmosphere Good colleagues Fair enrolment process

Cons

Segregated from other employees Very boring at times Long shifts

Spotify2019-10-21
  10. "Lost its spark"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Spotify full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Office will be great when they eventually get around to finishing it.

Cons

Culture is fake and social activities are forced fun. It lost everything that was good about it, no longer feels like a happy environment where people are genuine friends and have fun. Old timers get pushed out, and hiring/firing is unsettling. No career path in Sales.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people that aren’t a good culture fit for Spotify then wonder why Spotify has lost its culture and spark.

Spotify2019-11-03