NextRoll Reviews

3.5
NextRoll CEO Toby Gabriner
Toby Gabriner
Pros
Cons
  • "Pay and benefits are not amazing (no 401k match, no gym, no lunch catering - not to sound spoiled but the tech industry is competitive in these areas)(in 10 reviews)

• "Feels like normal growing pains when trying to shift the direction of a company(in 10 reviews)

1. "A very rewarding place to work"

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A genuine culture of support and enablement which is fostered from the top down. We're a small but nimble company which means you have a lot of exposure to senior leadership so you get to learn a lot and influence even more. And that leadership leads from the front - they are open, present, engaged and invested in all that we do which is very comforting.

Cons

Long (but vert rewarding) hours

2. COVID-19

"Trying to get out asap"

2.0

I have been working at NextRoll full-time

Pros

everything with the old CEO

Cons

Covid was not yet a thing in the States when everybody in Dublin was laid off. more than 70% is gone, fired through a zoom video call. There was no reason for that, we had closed Q1 on that exact date hitting all the targets. There was business coming on the pipelines. Now whoever is left is overworked, because our business has never reduced, and we are underpaid as they have decided to cut the salary of the remaining employees. Our customers are not looked after properly but still get charged as always. Everybody is looking for different job opportunities. No more the place were you want to work or the company you want to be associated with.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Huge focus on hiring the right people and creating a fast paced yet supportive culture. You will never be bored at AdRoll as the product changes fast and the organisation adapts often as well.

Cons

Things move fast and because of this it isn't for everyone. Loads of opportunities if you can move with the business.

4. COVID-19

"Like Many Businesses COVID presented a Challenge but a fantastic company overall with strong potential"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at NextRoll full-time

Pros

- People & Culture are fantastic - Reinvigorated vision and good momentum on Product - Transparent Leadership

Cons

- Moving from Advertising to SaaS can present growing pains

"Fun and Engaging"

Former Employee - Strategy Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic environment, good office, great vibe in the office. Challenging issues within the business

Cons

Volatile business model, but they are looking to change. Quality of management could vary drastically

"Staying Positive"

I have been working at NextRoll full-time

Pros

Great people work for this company

Cons

In times like these, it is hard to stay positive

7. COVID-19

"Good culture, nice people"

4.0

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the culture and people here. There is very good communication and collaboration between teams and between offices. Leadership is a lot more transparent than in other med/large companies I have worked for in the past. Very good D+I initiatives. Good work life balance with flexibility/WFH options. Free food and very nice offices.

Cons

No 401k/pension. Very tough time for the company right now with the Covid situation, a lot for much smaller teams to shoulder going forward to get through the next few months.

8. COVID-19

"Good products"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

Attribution dashboard and other good solutions coming up

Cons

Layoffs after 3 weeks of Corona virus unfortunately

"CEO really messed this one up. New product launch and empties the sales force"

1.0

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great great people canot stress that enough enjoyable great culture great manager in DUB office, Its a shame the office is basically emptied employees did not deserve that

Cons

CEO completely out of touch. Irrelevant all hands meetings every week where he would pander to the crowd and say nothing. Did not manage the employees expectations in relation to effectively closing the Dublin Office

"RUN!"

1.0

I worked at NextRoll full-time

Pros

- Colleagues: very friendly, nice, smart people, highly talented professionals always happy to help. I made some really good friends, everyone was getting along with everyone, clearly an effort was made to not hire “unpleasant” personalities. - Nice office and cool location - Snacks - Events

Cons

1) Recruiters and a big part of management were let go so the extra effort to not hire unpleasant personalities to preserve the working environment is not granted anymore. 2) It feels a bit like the company is a ship with no one at the quarterdeck: there’s n no clear route and no one has a clue where this is going, there are no clear processes for anything, it’s all about figuring it out while you go. 3) I’ve had a fair bit of experience and never have I ever faced such a lack of transparency. One day everything is fine, we are smashing the numbers, we are excited about the future, we are hiring new people, we are having big parties, we chant “NextRoll is the Rollers" , CEO & Co give pep talks on how "it's the people making NextRoll what it is”… And all of a sudden 70% of employees are let go all at once, with no explanation and with no chance to ask questions or make comments whatsoever. I think this behaviour speaks for itself.

Found 258 reviews