NextRoll Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 31 Oct 2019

4.2
NextRoll CEO Toby Gabriner
Toby Gabriner
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance has never once been an issue here- they never ask me ot put work before my family(in 17 reviews)

• "Amazing culture and great people(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Neighborhood is nice but really far out in the city(in 9 reviews)

• "Growing pains made scaling culture difficult(in 8 reviews)

"Small Business Sales Representitive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Emerging Small Business in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and great people. Very good for internal movement.

Cons

Long working day. Friday's are meant to finish early but often end out getting out at 5 pm after all hands.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing something right.

NextRoll2019-05-08

"Great company!"

Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at NextRoll for more than a year

Pros

Perks & Parties they held were great.

Cons

Small and little area for growth at times.

NextRoll2019-02-05

"Culture was toxic"

I worked at NextRoll full-time

Pros

Good people for the most part

Cons

Toxic culture with some management

NextRoll2018-10-04

"Account Executive"

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

AdRoll is a great company with an exceptional culture and vibe. The people here are really positive, friendly and easy going, approachable and the management is flexible, giving you freedom at owning your own book of business but still looking after your development and supporting you the best way possible. One of the best people in AdTech in Dublin are working here and progressing well within the company. Well... organized and absolutely positive recruitment process from start to end, with a clear picture of onboarding and training schedule. Creative and frequent social and wellness activities in the office such as Pilates or yoga in the next door gym for free; Friday happy hour; Bagel Wednesdays and Monday Dinners as well as coffee and lunch catchups with your colleagues from other business lines

Cons

No cons discovered just yet.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people to maintain the positive and supportive office vibe and culture.

NextRoll2018-08-27

"Sale development Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Cork

I have been working at NextRoll full-time

Pros

Meeting new clients learning how to qualify them

Cons

Cold calling is sometimes depressing without research

Advice to Management

More time on research

NextRoll2018-07-09

"Great culture and people"

Current Employee - Account Strategist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small teams, big impact on business and revenue and autonomy to run your book Ability to work cross-team and meet/work with everyone. Lots of social activities and encouragement to get involved, volunteer and have fun

Cons

Depending on team, more/less chaos and disorganization Some managers are not experienced enough to give guidance and lead when most needed Career path not clear

Advice to Management

Retain, lead and motivate!

NextRoll2017-08-18

"Amazing recruitment process from start to finish"

Current Employee - SDR in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional, effective, fair, treated you with respect, fast to respond, personal, no computer personality tests.

Cons

Nothing so far, the recruitment process was very good and a just want to thank the HR-team again for making it so easy to choose Adroll.

Advice to Management

Great management, I have nothing to complain about.

NextRoll2017-07-10

"Amazing culture!!!"

I have been working at NextRoll

Pros

The best team ever! Great opportunities for career advancement. Some truly inspiring training provided, as part of the on boarding process and not only... Management are professional and genuinely interested in supporting staff, core values are emphasised constantly and its just a place where you want to belong!

Cons

There are no cons in a place where people are the most valuable asset. The company is growing and is constantly changing but that has only a positive impact on its culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

NextRoll2017-07-02

"Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at NextRoll full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

~ Colleagues: You will have the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in AdTech in Dublin.. you will learn a lot about how businesses function and also about the advertising industry. ~ Great training: From Day 1 you're thrown in to the deep end, it's a classroom environment for about 3 weeks which sounds daunting but it was very beneficial. AdRoll hired a head of training when I was at there and... she did a great job building out a lot of specific trainings and also set up an online learning portal. ~ Autonomy: As part of the sales team you are given the freedom to build your own pipeline and to prospect in to industries which you think could benefit from using AdRoll's Solutions. ~ Culture: Always a good buzz around the office, there are a lot of Irish and foreigners working at AdRoll which is a great balance. ~Career path: AdRoll are very open about what paths to progression there are, if you perform well and have the skills your manager will usually put you forward for a promotion. There are also opportunities to move to other offices around the globe, and Adroll were very helpful in making it happen. Senior management: The senior management in AdRoll are very good, my boss for a while was the best person I worked for.. she had a background in AdTech and was very sharp. She understood the headwinds we faced in the sales org and would always give great advice.

Cons

Here we go... ~ The Product: From my first day to my last there was 0 improvements made to the product. The engineers/CEO always harped on about the 'progress' and 'new iterations' they made to the algorithm, absolute nonsense. What was more heartbreaking is that all of our competitor's products were getting stronger. We were never able to compete with Criteo, Google Remarketing or Quantcast, and thus saw a high... percentage of churn. ~ Go-to-market strategy: The day to day in Sales involved sending approx 200+ per week, cold calling, LinkedIn etc... There was never a strategy in place to target prospects/industries, just a splatter gun approach.. cast the net and see what you catch. ~ Resources outside of the Sales Org: AdRoll invested in hiring product specialists/solutions consultants, marketing teams etc but honestly they had little impact on new business.. which is a shame because there are a lot of smart people in those positions. I want to add, that although there are some huge Cons to the company (what they sell) I would recommend someone in Sales/Business Dev to work here for a year for the experience.

Advice to Management

The Dublin office has little autonomy, whatever processes the US have in place.. the Dublin office follows. Generally speaking I don't have any advice for the Sales mgmt as their guys are doing the best they can.. Engineers: Lets see some progress! :)

NextRoll2017-06-26

"Good!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at NextRoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary & Management are fantastic to work with

Cons

Nothing worth noting or mentioning

Advice to Management

Good work guys!

NextRoll2017-03-29