Cover image for MindGym

66% Recommend to a Friend
64% Approve of CEO

Found 156 of over 171 reviews

3.4
MindGym CEO Octavius Black (no image)
Octavius Black
Pros
  • "You can also take some of the Mind Gym courses to learn(in 31 reviews)

• "People who work at Mind Gym are genuine, intelligent, and hard working individuals(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No training outside of Mind Gym courses(in 16 reviews)

• "The company is a high pressure work environment(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

A terrific home for people who want to change the world of work

21 Jun 2022 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a history of hiring smart, caring people who band together to do incredibly important work. MindGym's leadership care about the company and its people. As MindGym matures from being a start-up, more and more benefits are being established for team members. Most of all, this company creates responsibility and autonomy for those who crave it, to run with ambition, be leaders of the business and do inspirational work for clients, many of whom are the biggest organizations in the world.

Cons

It's a fast-paced, demanding environment - great for some people and not for everyone. We do human capital work for clients, which raises expectations of how we look after ourselves. These are high expectations that sometimes we don't live up to - but we do learn from those moments. We're self-funded. This gives us control over our own future and means we're not in debt, but sometimes means we cast green eyes of jealousy at competitors who are generating $$$s of series funding from investors.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible team, great career opportunities

24 Nov 2022 - Client Delivery Team - Associate Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

MindGym is full of smart, generous and supportive people who all want to make a difference, both directly for their teams, and in the world around them. Brilliant career opportunities with the chance to shape your role to your strengths and interests. Management are a really talented bunch who really have a genuine interest in supporting the development of their teams. The business is forward thinking in their approach to DE&I, and the culture has evolved and flourished through the focus on becoming successful in a hybrid working model.

Cons

Due to growth and revenue targets and resourcing challenges, team members are often spread thinly across projects. However, more is being done now to bolster stretched functions e.g., service centre so that CDT can spend more time on value add for clients. Systems and processes felt outdated which historically made it difficult to get things done quickly, but this has become a priority focus for the business and exciting changes are underway to drive operational efficiencies in the next FY.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. Join the MindGym team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people

14 Nov 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every single MindGym employee cares about making our world a better place. We all worked hard together for our clients. People share their experiences and want to help you succeed. Some of the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Keep working on processes and focusing on the wellbeing. It can be a very stressful environment with a lot of disorganization at times. Need better systems and processes.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great tech, great team, fast paced

14 Nov 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people in engineering are amazing - there are many different perspectives and interests, and I learn so much from others - There's always a willingness to try new things, new projects to get involved with, and things are pretty fast paced - Design, content, solutions, etc. are all a delight to work with as well, super energetic and collaborative - Fully remote engineering team, good work-life balance, good compensation

Cons

- Lack of clarity from leadership - it's not always clear what you'll be working on from quarter to quarter, or what the long-term vision is - Things can get a bit bumpy when leadership want to change direction, but engineering hasn't been affected so far - the business does believe in engineering and the future of MindGym's digital offering, and the CTO (Dave Lush) is awesome

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Intelligent Colleagues and Stable Industry

27 Oct 2022 - Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experiences working at MindGym have truly been supportive and positive. I’ve read some of the disparaging reviews and wonder if I am working at the same company!. As an openly non-binary person, I feel inclusive, accepted, and I don’t ever feel as though I have to explain myself. I learn a lot from the people I work with and appreciate the professional relationships I’ve cultivated with colleagues globally. This isn’t an ordinary industry so my day to day is never the same. Many of the reviews (including negative) reference all the great people and intelligent staff that work here, and I think that says a lot about the community and culture.

Cons

Not much from me, I’m happy with my day to day and position.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Passionate about what they do

16 Nov 2022 - Client Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are passionate Work is challenging and engaging Autonomy is high Perks of work are great Company culture/ social is good

Cons

All businesses have resources as a challenge Lots to learn and ever evolving

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Mecca for "Quiet Quitters"

22 Nov 2022 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

We offer great coaching sessions, and when we come together, there is a positive atmosphere.

Cons

You can spend months on a project for it to be shelved last minute or be trying to deliver an important change in process and face a complete lack of engagement and interest from the business leads. Major changes and successful project delivery requires an active and engaged executive sponsor. This important team member doesn't exist at MG. Due to the lack of change you are left supporting broken processes to the point of burn out. People then leave and new talent come in bringing the same ideas and raising the same issues. Money is being wasted by spending on new software without properly evaluating what we have or performing a market comparison. These purchases are lead purley on that fact that senior members of staff have used them before and never adopted fully, if at all. There are hardworking people at MG , you'll know them as they are on many calls and a "Go to " person on slack , but there are also many people work from home and are difficult to get hold of. Despite running coaching sessions on Diversity and Inclusion, MG is very white and middle class

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Great teammates

30 Sep 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful motivated colleagues in a warm friendly culture.

Cons

Still needs some clarity on strategy and direction.

10. 4.0

A great place to grow

19 Sep 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

MindGym offers extraordinary opportunity to work with an exciting range of global clients and apply behavioural science in the work place. The people are just amazing, everyone is very kind, open, smart and hard working. If you are searching for a stimulating place to work, MindGym is for you.

Cons

MindGym always has very ambitious goals and is driven by client needs - like any managment consultancy. There are certainly opportunities in parts of the business to have a sustainable work life but many people work hard and long hours to delivery all the work at the high quality everyone here cares about.

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I wouldn't recommend

25 Oct 2022 - Client Services Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is decent to tolerate the bullying in the workplace

Cons

Hierarchical Having to stay past 6.30pm even though work is done to show you're working hard. Reprimanded all the time for work that is not part of job scope.

6 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews
    </>Embed

MindGym Reviews FAQs

MindGym has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 171 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at MindGym to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MindGym employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MindGym. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of MindGym employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MindGym 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with MindGym Job Seekers