MindGym Interview Questions

Updated 14 Nov 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MindGym (Delray Beach, FL)

Interview

Schedule an interview with HR 2 days later I was scheduled with the team executive manager A weeks time to create a sales pitch Role play the sales pitch to the Senior Executives & team executive manager

Interview Questions
  • What was your quota and average deal size?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MindGym (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

Terrible from start to finish. No show by internal recruiter for initial screening call When call did happen, internal reccruited was very positive re: my experience and even mentioned I would be more suited to a more Senior role (Client Delivery Associate) and would update me the same day. Then silence, no email or call. Had to follow-up a couple of times and if this is the happening at this level, what are things like in the company? Very unprofessional

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MindGym

Application

I interviewed at MindGym in Jun 2022

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out saying they liked the look of my experience and wanted to arrange an initial interview. A few minutes before the actual interview, they've asked to reschedule for the next day or so. Despite replying, there was no answer. Tried reaching out again and there has been no answer to date even after a few weeks.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindGym (New York, NY) in May 2022

Interview

I received an email from a internal talent recruiter. Scheduled a zoom call a few days later. The interview was somewhat neutral to start. However, most of the questions circled around how I would handle upset clients or "put out fires". I asked what is the company or team struggling with currently. She said there is a heavy workload and not enough people to get the work done. I asked does upper management hear these issues and is attempting to make improvements? She said yes, that there is a lot of transparency but she didn't give any examples. By the end of the interview, I had a negative feeling from the interviewer. It was conducted in a somewhat robotic or treating you like a number. Glad I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you handled an angry client. How would you handle putting out a fire at work?
2 people found this interview helpful

MindGym

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MindGym

Interview

There was one introductory interview to understand the role better with some questions focused on behavioural science. Afterward, I had to complete a task. This was presented in the second (and final) interview.

Interview Questions
  • Could you explain a psychological concept (and apply it in the workplace)?
  • If you could have dinner with a psychologist/behavioural scientist, who would it be and why?

MindGym

Application

I interviewed at MindGym

Interview

A disappointing process given the companies reputation and purpose. The interview process felt like the interviewers didn't know what they were looking for in a candidate, nor had they been appropriately trained in interviewing. It was overly complicated and required a large investment in time to prepare. Like other candidates, I was ultimately "ghosted" - no feedback or followup. No time for questions about the company or culture, leaving the candidate feeling like they weren't being seriously considered. The whole thing was rather bewildering.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions in addition to overly complicated job related tasks, not appropriate for an interview process.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MindGym (London, England)

Interview

The overall process included a conversation with HR, two conversations/discussions around general competency and fit with two separate team leads, and a final assessment round which included a presentation, the design of a solution, two simulated client conversations, and a storytelling exercise. I would say that the interviews/discussion weren't particularly difficult however they were certainly extremely time consuming in terms of the prep required for the final round. The main disappointment with the interview process were the following: 1. little time for the candidate to ask questions 2. the fact that it took unanswered follow-ups to get final feedback following the last interview round (in the end it took two months to receive feedback) 3. written feedback was never received even after it was offered 4. the amount of preparation required for the final round What was good: 1. everyone seemed very friendly 2. up until the last stage was finished all was handled in a good timely manner

Interview Questions
  • Various questions/tasks (as described in terms of the final interview round), focussing on overall client-pitching, root-cause analysis/discovery, and psychology-based solutions.

MindGym

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MindGym in Dec 2021

Interview

There was an informal connection to get to know the manager and the team (I don't know if that's a part of the process). I was then given two "challenges" which was the called the design challenge and the scoping challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Various questions were asked during the scoping challenges. Some of which were really not at all about psychology of which they "marketed" during the informal conversations.

MindGym

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MindGym

Interview

Multi part process with different roles and teams in the business. Started with Tech but was a rounded conversation beyond the stack experience and what problems I’d solved. We talked about the commercial implications and the mid term mission

Interview Questions
  • Three sets of discussions across Tech, Product and Ops. All of which were aligned which was a good sign!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MindGym (London, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

The hiring process had three stages: a pre-screening call, a live assessment, and a 30-minute work task. The pre-screening call was very amicable and felt more like a conversation. There is little pressure on the interviewee and lots of room to answer showing your own personality and values. It is also a very good point to ask questions about the company and get a feel of the kind of environment that the workplace has. After the call, I was rejected on the basis of my work permit in the UK. This was disappointing because I had explained my situation and reassured the interviewer that I had clearance to work with them for the full period of the contract. A week later, I received a call from my interviewer giving me the good news: my resume was back on board and I had been invited to the an online assessment. For this stage, I was given 3-4 days to prepare and give a 10- minute presentation that was playful, informative, and based on research. The assessment was hosted by two senior members of the Solutions department, unlike the pre-screening call that was run by a member of the Talent Team. This was the most difficult bit of the process as the post-presentation questions were highly specific and tested my science communication skills. I would recommend showing confidence and humility regarding what you know and what you don't. Honesty plays a big role. I received a response one day later saying that I had to clear one more task, which involved writing the copy for one of their products within 30 minutes of receiving the information. There is very little you can do to prepare for this since you only get to know the nature of the task when the timer starts, so it tests your adaptability, quick thinking, and communication skills. I was contacted one day later with the results of the final task and offered a contract. Negotiation and signing took roughly two more days with the back and forth, but communication was always fast and friendly. After applying to numerous jobs with varying degrees of success, I found that Mind Gym was the most transparent and friendly company to apply to, which played a big role in my decision to accept the role.

Interview Questions
  • If you could invite a psychologist to have dinner with, who would it be and why? "Tell me about your studies [in Psychology/Behavioural Science]." Alternatively, "tell me about your dissertation topic."
Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews