Hitachi Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Hitachi Solutions Reviews

Updated Nov 20, 2019

4.0
Hitachi Solutions President & CEO Kaichiro Sakuma (no image)
Kaichiro Sakuma
Pros
  • "No checking email once I am at home) and you can have exceptional work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "The culture of Hitachi Solutions is truly more than I could have asked for, they even let me (encourage me to) bring my dog to the office(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance here is great, but taking on extra tasks will EASILY put you over time if you aren't careful(in 6 reviews)

• "The people that work here are what make Hitachi Solutions so great, that being said, they are all very hard workers and expect the same from you(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for freshers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time

Pros

amicable environment and has a great learning curve

Cons

none , keep up the good work

Hitachi Solutions2019-11-20
  2. "Great place"

Former Employee - Resource Planner

I worked at Hitachi Solutions full-time

Pros

amazing work like balance

Cons

no processes and bad systems

Advice to Management

more money needs to be spent on systems.

Hitachi Solutions2019-11-16
  3. "Good Working culture, flexible timing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very good for freshers and give opportunity for learning.

Cons

Common performance appraisal . if person working very hard /smart or if he will not perform then both will get approximately same appraisal.

Advice to Management

Appraisal & Rewards should be done based on performance.

Hitachi Solutions2019-11-14

"Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never worked in such a collaborative and fun environment. The work is challenging, but the people make it worth all the struggles. The people in the Greenville office and in the entire company are always willing to help if you reach out. The culture of Hitachi Solutions is truly more than I could have asked for, they even let me (encourage me to) bring my dog to the office!

Cons

If you are not organized or a self-starter, you are going to have a hard time here. The work is very much up to you to make it what you want. If you can't stay on top of your work, you will fall behind. The people that work here are what make Hitachi Solutions so great, that being said, they are all very hard workers and expect the same from you. The work life balance here is great, but taking on extra tasks will... EASILY put you over time if you aren't careful.

Advice to Management

Mark Lindberg and Doug Apicella are the reason I took the job, and they are the reason I continue to come to work bringing 100% effort every day. They are invaluable to the organization, I don't know where I'd be without them!

Hitachi Solutions2019-10-22

"A Great Place for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture here is unbeatable. The upper management and fellow coworkers make this job worthwhile. I was nervous to take this position as I had very little experience in this field. Every person I have worked with while at Hitachi has gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and to ensure I am set up to succeed. Upper Management is very down to Earth and will always have your back. Career... Advancement opportunities are clearly laid out to you with clear steps on how to acheive your career goals. The benefits are great, salaries and bonuses are competitive, and an unlimited PTO policy is tough to beat.

Cons

It can be difficult to separate work and personal life if you choose to work remotely from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I couldn't ask for better bosses than the upper management here at Hitachi.

Hitachi Solutions2019-10-22

"Great Opportunity and Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hitachi Solutions has met my expectations from the interview process. The company culture is one of continual learning, improvement, and cooperation. Senior resources offer help freely, and management is committed to you improving not only as a consultant but also as a person. Work is a challenge every day and that leads to consistent growth. The organization offers opportunity for certification and advancement,... with a well-thought-out development plan and career path clearly available. For each role, there is a list of skills and competencies, expectations around those skills, and training path and materials to improve those skills. This means Hitachi Solutions makes expectations clear and then provides resources to improve and meet those expectations. There is a significant effort towards teamwork and cooperation across departments and practices. Everyone is willing to take time away from their day to help you learn or solve a problem, because that's the behavior that was modeled to them. With so many highly intelligent, achievement-minded individuals, there is the risk of becoming competitive and cutthroat, but that doesn't happen here- everyone is "over themselves" and humble enough to put the team first. Finally, Hitachi Solutions is committed to being adaptable. Management is quick to accept feedback and change when something isn't working or when an area of improvement is identified, even from resources who are brand new.

Cons

Working at Hitachi Solutions is hard. There are exciting problems and challenges to overcome every day. It's not for the faint of heart, or for people looking for the jet-setting comfortable business travel lifestyle. You definitely have to put in the work. Otherwise, the only other difficulty is that sometimes it's difficult to know who to work with on the admin side of things. There are people world wide in all... different time zones, which makes Hitachi Solutions great, but it sometimes complicates knowing who you need that help from. Once you figure it out, they're very helpful and problems get solved quickly.

7. "Work Life balance"

I worked at Hitachi Solutions full-time

Pros

Good work and life balance

Cons

training session is very less

Hitachi Solutions2019-10-24
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic Time off policy, Great pay, Great Benefits, and Overall amazing place to work

Cons

Could have more monthly work related events

9. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Director, Talent Development in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people that have become very close friends. Expansive company capabilities provide opportunities to lead large scale digital transformations for clients. Focus on employee growth through promoting from within.

Cons

Largely remote workforce leaves some employees feeling disconnected from our culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on customer excellence, employees personal and professional growth, and how to maintain our close-knit culture as we expand.

Hitachi Solutions2019-10-21
  10. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Hitachi Solutions full-time

Pros

The culture at Hitachi Solutions is unbeatable and my favorite part about working here thus far. The people are so friendly, motivated, and fun to work with. While the work can be challenging, there is always an abundance of people willing to help.

Cons

With a lot of employees working remote, it can sometimes be difficult get to know everyone that you are working with.

Found 140 reviews