Capco Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.9
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good policies for working women and flexibility to manage work life balance (in 37 reviews)

• Great people with an approachable leadership team (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting the work/life balance right can be a challenge initially (in 32 reviews)

• At risk of becomming a body shop (in 31 reviews)

1. "Consultant 2"

Current Employee - Consultant II in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant II in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work life balance, some really good projects to work on

Cons

nothing I can think of...

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

2. "HR Consultant"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good structured and balanced work environment

Cons

None system is in place

Advice to Management

Nothing much at all. All seems well.

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Consultant in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home option available

Cons

Nothing much on the con side

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy being part of the Capco family.

4. "You get back what you put in"

Current Employee - Managing Principal in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Principal in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Capco UK has grown massively over the last 5 years. During this time the CEO has changed, but there is a core group of Partners who have been part of maintaining consistency and culture in the organisation. This has a positive impact as ‘from the top’ there are role models who have flexed and adapted to what the organisation needs.
    If you are prepared to work hard then you will get the recognition for it. This may involve periods of working long hours or doing a lot of ‘extra curricular’ work such as interviewing, coaching, business development and practice development - but this is valued and is how the UK business has managed to grow so massively.
    Despite what some other reviews say, there is a focus on giving consultants the choice on which project they get assigned to - however Capco is also a business, so there may be times where it feels like you are assigned without any consultation - here I would say it’s up to the consultant to understand where they are being proposed and speak up early on what they are looking for rather than sit on the bench with diva demands.

Cons

For some people there is a lack of transparency on how their work (on client side or extra curricular) fully contributes to promotion / compensation - I think that part of this is also due to quality of some coaches who aren’t giving enough support to their proteges and preparing them realistically for life as a Capco consultant, and part of it is down to comms around the performance management framework differing with perception of end of year outcomes.
    There is still a feeling that some accounts are better/worse than others. It would be useful if delivery leads with senior coaches could come together to dispel some of these myths and support focussing on the role and potential for career growth, not just the account assignment.
    At some of the junior levels there is a feeling of entitlement with the new entry level consultants. Keep them grounded by managing them firmly from the outset and not allowing them to feel too ‘special’ when they join. There’s no harm in learning the hard way sometimes.

Advice to Management

- focus on reducing attrition. There are some great people in the organisation who would be a loss if they left - at all levels. The people in the organisation are your only asset
    - continue to keep a flat hierarchy. Partners are not gods
    - revenue generation is important as Capco is a business, but we could do more to save the environment. Invest in this too

5. "Supportive inclusive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great energy, collaborative, excellent culture

Cons

Contribution to "community" expected over an above full day at the client

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review.

We're delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco and our unique culture. Many employees choose to get involved in Community activities at Capco to build their... More

6. "Good Place to Work and Learn"

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have joined Capco recently.
    It has been great experience working for one of the reputed service industries. It provides ample resources to grow and provides great work life balance. “One fruit a day” is one of the initiatives which is really nice. One cannot complain about the compensation since they pay well as per expectations.

Cons

The people on the bench finds there is a communication gap and should be kept informed with the status.

Advice to Management

There should be some engagement activities which needs to be in place while people are on bench and well communicated with the status on frequent intervals.

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Welcome to Capco and thank you for your review!

We are pleased to hear that you are already enjoying many of the employee benefits that Capco has to offer alongside the career development... More

7. "Great Company to Earn, Learn & Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CAPCO India is a People-focused fast-growing Service Company with :
    1. Good emphasis on personal development.
    2. 100% Agile certified firm which was driven and sponsored by CAPCO itself.
    3. Transparent growth agenda and openness to new business ideas
    4. Footprint with prime financial players and expanding into new horizons.
    5. Has a very strong talent pool and a highly capable and empathetic HR team.

I have been working here since 2016 and have a sense of a family around me. I am prepared to Grow the Company and Grow with it.
    To sum it up, CAPCO is a company with a heart and insatiable thirst for growth.

Cons

There is an office in Bangalore and one in Pune... Need more work locations in Bangalore

Advice to Management

All the best to work on the vision of the company.

8. "One of the " Best" experience of my career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with Capco for last 4+ years has been one of the best career experience.

Great work culture with innovative thinking and open door policy
    One of the best work on consulting space and its growing at fast pace
    Good policies for working women and flexibility to manage work life balance
    Good opportunities for on-shore mobility

Cons

Can’t think of any- the culture is very different than other consulting / service companies

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and hold on to the core values of the firm

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear your enthusiasm for Capco after 4+ years in the firm. Your review really sums up many of the great things about Capco and what makes this such a... More

9. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Project, good mentor programs, skills enhancements through trainings.

Cons

I have not seen any cons.

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoy working at Capco and your review sums up many of the great things including training, interesting projects and strong support... More

10. "Good Company to work for in BFS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm working in Capco India for last 6 years. I've seen the company grow over threefold in size. Capco works for big clients in Investment banking, retail banking, commercial banking and regulatory space. Employees work directly with clients, instead of going through an onsite person like in other service companies. Even very junior employees interact with clients and users and make independent decisions. Also the culture of the company is quite open; its a flat structure and people can approach senior management quite easily.

Cons

The company should add more accounts in India, so that employees get an opportunity to grow

19 Apr 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and for your commitment to our firm.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco. The firm has gone through a lot of growth over the past few years, and... More