Capco Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.8
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good policies for working women and flexibility to manage work life balance" (in 43 reviews)

• "Great people with an approachable leadership team" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is what you make of it" (in 38 reviews)

• "There is no professionalism among senior management" (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent team, and even brighter future. A place you can be known and make an impact."

Current Employee - Managing Principal in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Managing Principal in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capco offers the best of both worlds, a small company feel where you will be known and able to make an impact, but also brings a Big 5 punch when it comes to delivering complex projects to top tier clients.
    Projects are at industry leading companies. The caliber of talent steepens your own growth trajectory, as you are surrounded by passionate, bright, people with deep domain knowledge and technical expertise. You know the impact you can make on the organization and don’t feel like just another number - leadership within your group knows every employee by name. The recent shift to being private is a exciting step to fueling Capco's growth aspirations.

Cons

This holds true with all consulting firms, but since teams are dispersed across clients and locations it sometimes is difficult to come together as much as we would like. There is certainly effort made to do this through a variety of after hours events- social, family and philanthropic. The team looks forward to team wide get togethers as a reunion of sorts with people you don't see on your current project.

Advice to Management

More team events would be welcomed...liking your team and wanting to get together more seems like a high quality problem to have.

Capco Response

30 Aug 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review and we're pleased to hear your enthusiasm for Capco shining through after 5+ years with the firm. As a senor leader in our firm, it's great to hear your comments on the... More

2. "Positive"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Opportunity and open to new ideas

Cons

Some challenging clients and work life balance

Advice to Management

Invest in more SME knowledge

3. "Capco the place to be"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

London location, great people, great company

Cons

Pay could be a little bit better

4. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and good policies.

Cons

Not many projects and senior management is very biased.

Advice to Management

To work on better retention policies and to get more projects with some learning and value.

5. "Mixed Bag"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Smart people, growth opportunities, rewards initiative takers

Cons

Poor gender balance, lower caliber talent, brand less well known compared to other Big 4, most project work is very PMO-centered

Advice to Management

recruit more women! don't promote needlessly.

6. "Good"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice place to work and environment

Cons

I did nt feel any cons

Advice to Management

Maintain same

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and flat hierarchy with opportunities for growth

Cons

Not as many options for projects as larger consultancies so less variation

8. "Great place"

Pros

Great training for new employees

Cons

Can get monotonous at times

9. "Capco is truly the best place to work!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Capco for over 4 years and I've seen lots of growth and change during that time but Capco has always maintained its core values and the leadership continues to support team members at all levels. The work is interesting, it's challenging, and I continue to learn and develop new skills. My co-workers are some of my best friends and I have always felt that Capco cares about my professional and personal growth. The Charlotte office has seen tremendous growth over the past 2 years and in an excellent position for continued success. The benefits are great too!

Cons

All companies have politics that frustrate employees, but all things considered, Capco has the least amount of politics I've ever encountered. Capco has both a unique and diverse company culture. I've always felt it was a "work hard and you will be recongized" environment but not everyone is equpied to work at the speed with which we operate and they may not feel it is a good a fit.

"It's Ok?"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people you work with on the ground are great. The NY office has great coffee and snacks - when you can get to it.

The company also tries to host events/socials at the office on a semi-regular basis. Its annual holiday party is generally a lot of fun and people look forward to it months in advance.

You can also get exposure to a lot of different financial institutions, which is helpful if you're looking to get out of the industry.

The company offers good health benefits and a respectable 401k matching program.

Cons

While the office does have free food/drinks and social events - you'll be lucky if you can actually find time to head over there. A lot of the clients/projects have demanding work hours, which makes work/life balance obsolete. So, for the most part, you can forget about dropping by for an afternoon cappuccino.

I was lucky enough to land on some of the more strategic/advisory type projects that Capco has. However, the majority of my experience at the company can be lumped into the dreaded "staff aug" bucket. I was essentially doing the work of full time employees and not actually consulting. If I'm going to be doing that kind of work I might as well be treated like a full time employee (e.g. better hours & work/life balance, better management/oversight, more money [yes, it's surprising]), etc.).

As for pay, I know that HR regularly responds to these posts stating that they pay industry or above. However, this is not the case for people promoted internally. A lot of people are signifcantly underpaid (even with getting solid 5s and 4s). Sadly, it seems it takes threats of formal complaints to HR for people to see any sizable bump at year-end. I was aghast when I found out what a new hire with the same experience was paid and decided it was time to look elsewhere.

And for the obligatory HR reply to this post - yes, compensation complaints were discussed with my coach as was the lack of work/life balance (and also raised to client relationship manager).

Advice to Management

If you're going to preach work/life balance and praise Capco's culture - follow through on it. Make an effort to get engagement from all client accounts especially those with non-existent work life balance. Make sure their client relationship managers actually care about those working under them. A surprising number of MPs don't actually care about morale, worklife balance, or even abusive clients.

AOs, COs, and SCs should be to review those above them in a formal way.