emarsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

emarsys Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2017

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their website. A couple of days later I was approached by a Talent Acquisition Partner and we scheduled a phone call later that week. The phone call was 30 minutes and was your standard initial interview; tell me about yourself, your situation, why you are looking, why are you interested in Emarsys, etc. I also got plenty of time to ask my questions as well, which I was very impressed by the Talent Acquisition Partner's insight into the Sales team and position.

After the phone interview with Talent Acquisition, I was asked to meet a Sales Manager at a local coffee shop, which was a nice touch, being that is was a neutral area. During this conversation, we jumped into more of my background, my current responsibilities, how these responsibilities relate to the role, the KPIs for my current role, etc. He then asked me what I know about Emarsys and their offerings, why I was impressed, and why I'm interested in the digital marketing industry. I then was able to ask questions, which I got an idea for his goals of his teams, struggles, team dynamics, etc.

The final round was a 2-hour on-site interview. The first part was a panel interview with the Sales Enablement Manager and 2 fellow team members. It was more conversational than the 2 previous steps and was where I got a better feel for the culture and environment. They were fantastic and answered some tough questions about their role and the company.

I then had a hour long shadow with a team member where I was able to sit down, watch her work, and ask questions about conversations, searches, working with clients, etc.

I then had a wrap-up conversation with the Sales Manager and discussed next steps, other candidates, etc.

A few days after my final round interview, I was asked for 2-3 professional references and then scheduled a call with the original talent acquisition partner who asked me about my interviews, thoughts on the role/company, and then was made an offer, which I eagerly accepted!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your situation, why you are looking, why are you interested in Emarsys, tell me about your current role, how does this role pertain to the role you applied for, tell me about a time that you struggled in your current role, what do you know about emarsys offerings, etc.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

It consisted of one screening phone call, and two in-person interviews. The first one with the VP of Services and Support, and the second one with the Head of Solution Delivery, who would have been my boss.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to get your team going and get the deliverables on time?   Answer Question

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Got a mssg from HR recruiter
    2. Phone Screen with the recruiter
    3. Skype Interview
    4. Onsite Interview

Interview process was pretty quick and smooth. Nice office. Smart and nice people.
    They are really trying to see if you're the right fit for the role and for the org.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions; how to resolve conflicts and what would you do type of questions, , why Emarsys, what makes you interest in this position, your long term goal.   Answer Question

Senior Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive some over the phone, a few in person, and Skype, met with several members of the leadership team, managers in other departments and peers over the course of a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I with a certain amount of ambiguity while roles and responsibilities become more clearly defined?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

The interview process was professional and fairly quick in reference to timeline. There were 3 interviews with the initial being with the recruiter. Communication on next steps are clear and precise.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your employer from a organizational standpoint?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, on-site interview for local staff, and then a WebEx interview with a manager from Vienna, Austria. The interviews were pretty relaxed and speaking to the staff was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Emarsys?   1 Answer

Implemenetation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

NOTE: I had a special experience. I interviewed once where I got to the final interview then they picked someone else but then they called me back a few months later and I did 1 interview and got the job.

First is a phone interview with HR then 2 interviews with your potential coworkers i Clausing your future supervisor. The final interview is with the North America Director and your supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you helped a client when they were upset   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize different projects when you have multiple deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are a good fit?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen ~ 15 mins
    - Talked with a recruiter about my past experience in HR and salary expectations
    Phone Interview with HR Manager ~ 30 minutes
    - Talked with manager about past experience in HR, passion for HR, extra-curricular organizations in college, more about the job duties, and timeline for interview process
    On-site Interview ~ 1 hr
    - Met with the recruiter and HR manager to discuss in more detail about my experience, the role, and the company and upcoming needs
    Skype Interview w/ VP of HR ~30 mins
    - Spoke with the VP of HR about my experience in HR, values of HR, and about the company

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at emarsys in March 2017.

Interview

First, let me say it was a terrible experience and don't apply here.

I had a total of 4 phone interviews. First typical recruiter call for screening, then quickly to the hiring manager. He was a terrible interviewer. very disorganized and asked poor questions. I had to draw a lot of information out of him.

I also spoke to a current SC doing the job. That was the best meeting, I could ask specific questions.

The absolute worst call was the mock demo they had me prepare. First, lets set the stage, they give access to their UI give you a PPT deck and give you a company to pitch (Duluth Trading). I spent 7 days on the project, first researching DT, then having to customize the 50-page PPT they sent over. Then I had to learn their software.

Then after spending only 7 days doing all that I needed to present to them. I would give myself a solid B+. Considering everything I needed to learn and prepare I thought I did well. What I had to learn in 7 days is typically what I would spend the first 30 to 45 days learning once hired.

After all that, radio silence for 10 days. I finally contacted the recruiter, when she got back to me she said they had 3 people do the mock demo and they are not going to hire any of us.

When I asked for specific feedback I never heard back. Very unprofessional.

I must say it was a colossal waste of my time. I have never done a mock demo when I was not the finalists. If I had known there were 3 of us I would have passed.

I would never recommend anyone apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions

• The mock presentation, they asked a lot of questions that only an expert in their software could answer.   Answer Question

emarsys Response

9 Jun 2017 – Internal Recruiter

We’re sorry to hear that your interview experience with Emarsys didn’t end as positively as we may have liked. We know it is frustrating not to receive specific feedback and to feel like the only... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at emarsys (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, onsite with HR Manager, onsite with President -

The first two parts of the interview were really enjoyable, I really liked the recruiter and the HR Manager.

In total, I had 3 interviews. 1 phone and 2 onsite. I was told it was down to myself and one other candidate. In all three of the interviews they mentioned the importance of improving their employer brand here in Indy. They specifically mentioned to me that it is important that every candidate that interviews walks away feeling like they had a positive experience. I honestly did feel like I had a pretty good experience up until the very end. I was told I'd have feedback on my final interview by the end of the day on the final day I interviewed. Then it was pushed back a few days , no big deal. Then I didn't hear anything, so I emailed asking for feedback, still nothing, so I emailed again the next day and about 12 hours later I received an email saying they'd chosen the other candidate. It's pretty evident if I hadn't requested feedback multiple times that I wouldn't have ever heard from them again. As someone that was a part of this process for over a month and took time off work and was given a specific timeline as to when I should expect an answer I felt pretty disrespected. The second thing that happened just flat out puzzles me. I sent LinkedIn invites to the individuals I met with and a brief "Thank You" note in each one. Each of them was accepted except for the note I sent to the president... he declined my thank you note and LinkedIn invitation. We met for a little over the scheduled 30 minute time slot for our interview so I found that action to be both strange and unprofessional. So, while the whole interview process was fairly enjoyable, it was completely overshadowed by the very negative ending

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past experience and what sets you apart   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.