emarsys Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.0
emarsys CEO Ohad Hecht
Ohad Hecht

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Innovatives Produktportfolio und internationales Umfeld, tolles Team, gute Work-Life-Balance und Goodies wie Firmen-Events" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great culture, great working environment, great communication with managers, great progression" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Since the company is growing so rapidly, sometimes it is hard to keep up hiring with the work needed to get done" (in 4 reviews)

• "Aggressive, obnoxious senior management who don't know their teams names (I was called 'sweetie' for most of my time there by a certain someone)" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Solution Consultant"

I worked at emarsys full-time

Pros

Great team across the globe! I used to work in the London office and left due to change in personal circumstances.

Cons

I can't think of anything - one of the best companies I came across so far!

18 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your input and are so excited to hear that Emarsys is one of the best companies you have ever come across! If you have any further... More

2. "Great hiring process, awesome technology, excellent culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at emarsys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Couldn't be a more exciting time right now to work with one of the world's leading marketing automation providers as they are building their footprint in Australia and New Zealand.
    There have been some huge wins in the last few years since establishing themselves and hiring the right talent has been key.
    Interview process was quick and they are keen to get the right people on board to grow the business in the region.

Cons

Not as well known as they would like to be at the moment, but they are growing market share rapidly.

9 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for sharing your experience with Emarsys thus far as we continue to build our brand in APAC. It is great to hear when our positive candidate experience converts into a positive employee... More

3. "Great Product - Great People"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at emarsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emarsys has got a truly unique product within the crowded Marketing Cloud / ESP space. It sits between the 'Big Four' and dozens of local providers with some cool stories to tell.
    Amazing customers which are great for referencing.
    Great team. They work hard for each other and there is great camaraderie.
    Top group of people who make going into work good fun.
    Management look after direct reports and there is huge amounts of scope for CPD and learning. The learning opportunities are great.

Cons

As they no longer offer options it's very much a 'job', so when the exec team talk about building something it's hard to get behind.

Advice to Management

More independence / trust needs to be given to employees to do their job outside of the office environment. A little more freedom would go a long way.
    More 'hands on' during on-boarding. Less time reading online lessons and more time in the field and tech learning.

16 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate the time that you spent with us as an Emarsys employee. At Emarsys, providing innovative solutions for our clients will always be at the center of our... More

4. "Great Things are coming"

I have been working at emarsys full-time

Pros

Leadership, especially Bijan, is bring forth some amazing changes to the organization from a cultural and commercial standpoint so this is very exciting!

Cons

Product should be as functional as possible.

9 Jul 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave your review and we appreciate the 5 stars. We are so glad you are excited about Bijan! As we continue to grow as an organization, it is of the utmost importance... More

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Vienna (Austria)
    Former Employee - Manager in Vienna (Austria)

I worked at emarsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great place to start gaining work experience
    - good co-workers
    - good location
    - nice parties

Cons

- low salary
    - constant high turnover

Advice to Management

- lack of vision
    - micromanagement

18 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for your time as an Emarsys employee. We know that our people and the ability to do meaningful work are important for career professionals... More

6. "developer"

I have been working at emarsys full-time

Pros

work environment, great people, work-balance life

Cons

low-paid salary, development, training, poor management

29 May 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your work environment, co-workers, and work-life balance.
     Though we are not always... More

7. "Exciting market, good tech & awesome people"

Current Employee - Management in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management in London, England (UK)

I have been working at emarsys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people and culture, everyone wants to support your success. Relentless attitude to make progress in all areas. Raising the bar on new talent, hiring true global leaders with amazing experience and skills across multiple functions such as revenue, pricing, marketing and many more.

Cons

Focus on simplification at every step, in particular across the sales cycle, make it easy for us to sell, alignment from product to sales. Think like a customer in everything we do.

Advice to Management

Carry on with the great comms, we all love celebrating success across all parts of the world. Over communicate in key areas like the product roadmap and vision. Increase overall awareness of Emarsys in the market place, we don’t want to be a secret superstar!

"Worst company ever."

Current Employee - Manager in Vienna (Austria)
    Current Employee - Manager in Vienna (Austria)

I have been working at emarsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology, if you are interested in Marketing Software.

Cons

Become part of the furniture, lose your guts to move out although the turnover has been quite high lately so I began submitting to other more professional companies with a real and concrete value system towards eachother and their employees.

Whenever someone leaves, management's response is: "they weren't a fit" and then they bad mouth their former employees while having their coffee or lunch (I hear it, we all hear it).

There is a lot of sexual innuendo that takes place ad the women are afraid to speak out. There is a lot of really bad behaviour; constant gossiping over skype, chats, employees who sent the messages to the person talked about by accident.

Lack of respect, lack of giving credit to whom it is due, everyone only looks after themselves and huge disloyalty.

Salaries are below competitor's, only a select few receive stock options, only a select few can travel worldwide even when their role is irrelevant to the conference attending or the need to do so.

The founder is still at the company and he is the most arrogant and unscrupulous person. Can't even bother to say hello in the morning unless you are in his circle.

I am writing this review while I am still at emarsys because to disprove that only those who are fired write negative reviews but also those who are still there ...

27 Jun 2018 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback! I am sorry to read about your disappointment and it sounds like a lot of frustration has piled up. I do believe in an open feedback culture. However, only writing a review... More

9. "Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at emarsys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is having great technology. It's always get the latest technology deploys and a lot of things to learn.

A lot of opportunity to become success in the company as the company is very energetic.

Cons

Not much to complaint about.

14 May 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the review. We are glad you agree that we have strong technology and Emarsys has challenged you from a learning perspective. If you would like to share additional information with us... More

10. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at emarsys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, culture, culture. The people are amazing, the work/life balance is flexible (WFH, PTO), if you put in the work, you will get noticed and be considered for growth opportunities, and the CEO and President (North America) are very present (walk around and greet everyone at their desks in the morning) and you can feel that they genuinely care for their employees.

Cons

Pay is a little low compared to other tech companies. Oh, and the office is almost always cold (throughout the year!) which is sometimes very uncomfortable to work in.

Advice to Management

Give other departments (other than sales) more opportunities to travel together, have outings, go to kickoffs, etc. Turn up the temperature.

14 May 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the feedback and review! In order for our employees to bring their best selves to work, we provide a competitive PTO plan which employees are encouraged to take, along with an emphasis... More