Battery engineer Interview Questions

Battery Engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Apple
Mechanical Engineer - Core Input Device Team and Battery Team was asked...14 March 2016

If you have a diving board that is three body lengths long, 1 inch thick and shoulder width wide what dimension should you reduce if you want to decrease deflection the most for the least change?

3 Answers

Length

the thickness is the smallest value of L * w * h doubling the h, will yield 8x less deflection Less

Change the cross section from rectangle to a "T" or a "W"

Apple

Between the following materials, steel, magnesium, titanium, copper, aluminum, which is the most stiff and why? What does the stress strain plot look like for steel versus aluminum? What should you do if you want to increase the force until fracture? What would the stress strain plot look like if you took a material went until ultimate strength and then went back to zero stress and then went back to ultimate strength?

2 Answers

The answer is steel

Steel has the highest stiffness as defined by the Young’s modulus.

Apple

What are the multiple different ways of combining two rectangular bars of a metal into a T-shape

2 Answers

Welding, fastening etc.

Brass Brazing TIG/MIG welding Adhesives - LDA, PSA Fasteners Laser welding spot welding Magnets Over-molding a third component Less

Faraday Future

Technical, mostly. Describing all of my battery work experience and answering some key questions specific to the battery cell design that the company had been using.

1 Answers

Since it was all based on my experience, I'd say that I was able to get over 80% of my answers correct. Less

Apple

Describe what happens when the battery experiences cold temperatures?

1 Answers

The resistance increases when at colder temperatures (0-30 C) therefore higher voltage drop when measuring OCV and can lead to high SOC error Less

Apple

Q: If a company came out advertising that this whiteboard marker can write 500 miles of ink, how would I test that to be true?

1 Answers

A: You could test it by trying different materials, different pressures, different aging of the marker, and at different temperatures. After I answered, they said that I could've also said that the statement is too vague and to take it up to the marketing team. Less

Apple

How does buck converter work ?

1 Answers

Drew block diagram for buck converter and explained the operations in detail. Also graphed the output voltage at different stages in the design Less

Okaya Power

on the basis of battery's fault

1 Answers

I'm say that the ans of your question

Apple

Connect a current source to a capacitor. What is the voltage vs time graph

1 Answers

I = c dv/dt . Find the integral . Since the current is constant the result would be a linear graph Less

Bird

Previous experiences

1 Answers

Go down to basics of experience in technical terms

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Interview Questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

member technical staffelectrochemical engineerresearch engineermaterials engineer