Zendesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Associate Renewals Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2020.

Interview

Quick, efficient and pleasant interview process. Questions were straight forward and relevant, not typical of other tech companies who ask highly irrelevant questions that are designed for no apparent reason.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

It was a 4 weeks process. First I had a conversation with a recruiter over the phone. The second round was a conversation with the hiring manager. I passed to a third-round where I met with 5 other team members and I had to prepare a presentation on a data challenge. I thought there was no need for three rounds

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with demanding stakeholders   Answer Question

Retention Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter wasted my time. He kept asking for availability, then he'd take days to reply to me (even though email tracking revealed he read my replies with 30 mins) and kept asking to move the interview. Guy was very clearly wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• I just had a meeting I can't get out of be added to my calendar, can we move to later this week or next week?   Answer Question

RVP Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Elongated, too many interviews and not well organized. The company posted the job on their career site after I was weeks (and seven interviews) into the process as well. At this point they had me travel to their HQ for 6 more on-site interviews, although they clearly intended to evaluate many new candidates from their job posting. Many of the interviewers also seemed confused about the role throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about taking on a very undefined role and business?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Disappointed in my experience because I had heard such great things about Zendesk. The on-site interview felt rushed and cold. Their HQ was eerily quiet, dark (no natural lighting!), and desolate. The only person I interacted with besides the four interviewers was the front desk assistant, who was also cold. The lack of inviting, friendly faces was a red flag.

The interview process also involved multiple different people from their recruiting team, which is never ideal in understanding who to contact when and on what email thread!

Intern Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds with Zendesk for the role (2 recruiter phone screens, and 1 on-site in local office). Overall had a good experience with the team. However, remote recruiter did not follow up on-time as promised.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter schedules the interview within a month. I had two rounds of interviews using Zoom. The first round is an easy algorithm question and the second round is behavioral questions. Good interviewers and reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• One technical question in the first round. Several behavioral questions in the second round.   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

After two phone screenings, I made it to the onsite interview. After meeting with 4 people onsite (all of which said I did very well), they did not even respond with a 'No Thank you' They just ghosted my recruiter and myself. Not very professional, so why waste the time?

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Horeb, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Mount Horeb, WI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Two phone interviews-first with HR, second with remote hiring manger. Was then invited to local office for in person interviews with three managers from other teams. My would-be manager was in the office that day, but left before my interviews were complete. That seemed a little odd.
    All of this happened within a week. They told me they wanted to move fast. After three weeks of no response, I reached out to my would-be manager and asked for some feedback, since the assumption was they were not going to make an offer. He was surprised no one from HR had reached out, and asked me to hang tight. Another three weeks later, a full six weeks after my interview process (in which they told me they wanted to move quickly), I finally heard from someone and they made me an offer. By this time, my current employer had promoted me, and the offer was Zendesk was below my new salary.
    The lack of communication after feeling rushed through the process was very off putting.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Not difficult. Looking more for a good fit for the team as a person versus deep industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Research Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and they responded within a few days for a phone call with HR. During the call, they asked for my availability to chat with the hiring manager. After a phone call with the hiring manager, there was an onsite with the team. This was a 2 hour interview process and 4 different interviewers. The questions throughout the process were mostly behavioral.

After the onsite, I did not receive any information from HR for a week. After a followup email, HR finally called to tell me that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions, some hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Workplace Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on 1/12 and had the first phone screen with a recruiter to days later and a second phone call with the team manager another two days later. The beginning of the process was quick but after was almost shut down. I emailed a week after my second call for a follow up and did not get a response. I emailed another week later snd the recruiter responded quickly that I have not been chosen for the position. The people I spoke with on the phone were nice and I was impressed at the beginning but the failure to follow up on their end had me a little disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.