Whitespectre Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whitespectre

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitespectre (Barcelona) in Oct 2021

Interview

The process has taken place in several phases. First, a presentation with the head of HR, where I explained my experience and they told me in a summarized way how and what whitespectre worked on, without much detail due to confidentiality. After that, I had to do a little code test that took me no more than a couple of days, and that I found fun to do. My test was accepted and after that I had a more technical interview with the CTO, where my response capacity and my more theoretical knowledge were put to the test. Once these phases were over, I had a final interview with the CEO. It was a conversation to get to know each other and for him to explain his vision and I to mine. It was a good, relaxed and productive conversation. Once all the interviews had been carried out, they made me an offer that I could not refuse, and without hesitation I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Apart from the code test and my work experience, in the technical interview they asked me theoretical questions about JS, React and Typescript.
    Answer Question

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whitespectre in Jul 2021

Interview

The process was very fruitful right from the very first interview with HR. First I had an interview with the Human Resources Lead; then with a Senior Product Manager; then with the UX Lead and finally two interviews with CPO. All the interviewers were very skilled and experienced in each of their fields, something that was evident by the quality and specificity of their questions. At the same time, none of them were following a preconceived questionnaire, but they were rather building meaningful conversation. Everyone was really interested in understanding my reasoning processes behind past experiences, as well as how I would react under future scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • The most interesting one was more than just a question. It was a written assignment in which I had to respond what I would recommend to 2 different clients that were planning the development of their product.

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitespectre

Interview

Initial HR Interview (20min) followed by a detailed interview with a Delivery Manager (30min). Then, another interview with a Product Manager (30 min interview). I had to then send a writing sample. The final interview was with the CEO and CPO (45min long)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Whitespectre

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whitespectre

Interview

HR interviewed, said that they will schedule the next round. They never replied so I sent a follow up email after almost a week and still no reply. Then I sent another follow up email after around 10 days still no reply. Then suddenly I get an email that they have hired someone else- Quite unprofessional IMHO

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitespectre

Application

I interviewed at Whitespectre in Mar 2021

Interview

Worst experience I have ever had. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. 1) HR Interview - So far so good 2) Coding assessment: You are required to build a simple rails app with some simple difficulties on calculating dates and ranges. This is fair and doesn't take more than ~4 hours. 3) Tech lead interview: Here is where things start going down the road. The interviewer is pretty rude, he asks a bunch of questions (some of them actually makes sense). Sometimes it is hard to understand even what he's trying to ask. Some questions feel very weird, like: "Why Rails use so much Inheritance instead of composition?". You get literally 0 feedback from him. 4) CEO Interview: This is also a technical interview. He ask you questions about system design and go over some scalability challenges where you are expected to use JS long polling. When he notices you are not very sure on a response, he pushes there a bit. At the end, they tell you that since you don't know everything (like ACID), they can offer a lower rate to hire you (they still make you an offer) Overall, it feels they are just looking to hire some cheap "yes sir" resources. I have had many interviews and this feels like an old school company that still don't know how to deal with people. It feels they are just looking for a programmer that can pick a ticket and get it done, more than a person to join a team.

Interview Questions
  • Explain ACID, levels of isolation
  • What’s the CSRF protection for? Why can’t a hacker just copy the token?
  • Describe HTTP requests in detail. How does the server know how to match each request to the given app if requests don’t include the IP address?
  • Inheritance vs Composition. Why Rails use so much Inheritance?
  • Why having modules if we could use abstract classes and include them?
  • What things you would prioritize if you were leading the language development/maintainence
  • How does rails work behind scenes to match the http request with the right route/controller?
  • What different alternatives do you know for managing different api versions

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whitespectre in Feb 2021

Interview

A screening interview and interview with HR manager - both went as usually. On tech interview they did not provide any feedback. No respect for the candidate's time. I have to write more words to submit this review.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Whitespectre in Feb 2021

Interview

The process was well structured and fast. I applied online through their website The interview had a few stages I went through 1. Initial HR interview 2. Test Exercise 3. Technical call

Interview Questions
  • experience using Agile methodologies in a remote environment

Whitespectre

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitespectre in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview experience was great. I got the chance to meet most relevant people in various stages. The interviews were very professional, yet laid back. The following up of the recruiter in between the interview stages was also great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitespectre

Interview

I applied via the form on the company website. In a few days, I got an email with questions about my rate and availability. I also got the task (2-3 hours). The task was reviewed and we moved to the series of online interviews: 1. Front-end related interview 2. Interview with CEO about my experience and some system design questions 3. Interview with the delivery manager. After all that done, I've got the offer.

Interview Questions
  • How do let and const work? Is the statement valid: const obj = {}; obj.a = 2;

Whitespectre

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Whitespectre in Oct 2018

Interview

First, talk with a HR person, then they send you a code challenge, so far so good. After that have an interview with the product manager/owner. Finally, I went through a Q&A interview. The variety of questions was extensive, at least 20 of them. Strong use of memory, of theoretical concepts. I can see the point (IMO). I spend a lot of valuable time in code challenge.

Interview Questions
  • To remember ACID properties of a relational DB, What 'I' means?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews