Strategy& Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Strategy& Interview Questions

Interviews at Strategy&

3.4

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Strategy& (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews and both had standard cases. The interviewers tried to walk me through the cases but it was mainly interviewee led. There was also a second round of interviews a few days later, and after that an offer if you were deemed worthy of one.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& in October 2014.

Interview

I was hired through MBA On Campus Recruiting, two rounds of two interviews, case questions that were similar to those offered by most of the top firms. The people were friendly, genuine and interesting to work with. The process was collaborative and fun. They were quick to respond with feedback and information.

Interview Questions

• Typical case questions, would prefer not to talk about content.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Two rounds:

1st - phone interview with two senior leaders in the practice, high level interest, industry knowledge, career aspirations, etc. Interviewers were tough, but fair. They were friendly,but expected a level of professional polish and ability to think strategically. Definitely be prepared with why you want to work there and what you can bring to the table in terms of industry knowledge, thought leadership, or consulting acumen.

2nd round: In office: Interviewed with 4 people, 1 job manager, 2 principals, 1 partner. Two case interviews, two behavioral sessions.
    Cases were actual cases from the interviewers' past clients. Be prepared for a wide gambit: One was a very formal case with numbers, slides, graphs, etc, beginning and end.
    The 2nd case was much more conversational. I used a paper, but he wanted to make sure I could organize my thoughts and present the right buckets to investigate. Not sure if we even got to final numbers and an answer, much more about my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex business topic and how you would advise a client to attack the problem for their business   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two 45 minutes interviews back and forth. Each interview had two components the behavioral part and the case part. The behavioral part took about 15 minutes and has questions that try to assess your team working and leadership skills. The case was a market sizing and a profitability problem. All the people I met before and during the interview process was extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to convince a group of people to take a different course of action.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

On-campus followed by on-site interviews; 5 interviews in total; mix of partners and directors. Each interview had a 30 minute case and a 30 minute behavioral portion. Feedback was very quick after each round; I got my offer the night of my final round interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy&.

Interview

Selected for an interview; recruitment manager sent many emails and we filled out a couple of preference forms; company decides where you fit into its corporate structure; employee reached out to offer help and clarification

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Strategy&.

Interview

Well structured and done on time. They took care of travels and accommodation and everything was smoothly arranged. Interviewers were friendly and enthusiastic, and patiently answered all questions about the firm and work.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy&.

Interview

The recruiter for campus was awesome! Very friendly, personable, and helpful. The interview itself was average. Didn't make a super great connection with the interviewers. Also the interview schedule was running about 20 minutes behind so they were rushed for time in my interview. Was only asked one behavioral question. I was asked a lot of weird brain teaser questions at the beginning that I was definitely caught off guard for. Interview was supposed to be behavioral and two cases, however three brain teaser questions served as my first "case" interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, describe a time you used a pre-existing network from your past to assist you in your present.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was overall incredibly pleasant. I applied from University, and they required secondary emails. When their second round interview request went to my "spam" of my secondary email and I'd missed it entirely, they called and were incredibly understanding and incredibly helpful with scheduling the next interview. After the final round, got the offer call in a few hours. Very grateful for the experience! (but for all college students: remember to check your non-.edu email!)

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral stuff, but much more conversational than many other consulting companies I applied for. They let conversations flow and asked creative questions inspired by the resume rather than forcing random and specific questions into the conversation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

About 4 separate interviews, equally qualitative and quantitative. Looking for substantial, non-textbook answers. Important not to overthink questions. There is an emphasis on basic strategic problem solving using algebra and ability to break down large problems into smaller ones.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.