Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Nordstrom

3,682 Interview Reviews

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Upper Marlboro, MD (US)).

Interview

The process can only be described as arduous! It was MULTIPLE interviews over a 2 week period. First, a phone screening that lasted about an hour. Then I was invited to interview in person - this was for a human resources-related job at the Nordstrom warehouse in Upper Marlboro. When the manager sent me the appointment for the in-person interview, I was schocked to see it was for 5+ hours!! That's how they [try] to conduct interviews at Nordstrom. I say try, because it was incredibly disorganized. The manager was not prepared for my arrival, and took me around to a couple offices until he found someone to conduct the first interview. All general questions, nothing groundbreaking. The interviewer started with, "tell me about yourself." Then I waited for a few minutes before interviewing with another individual I would be working with. She asked some of the same questions. Up next was an interview with a senior manager, who asked the same questions! I was irritated at this point - why were they wasting my time?? Why not just have an interview panel, instead of making me have the same interview with 3 different people? In hour 4, they took me on a tour of the warehouse, which was interesting. Finally, an interview with the supervisor. Several of the people I was supposed to interview with were not available that day, so I had to do a phone interview with them a few days later. They kept saying they like to promote from within -- that was a huge red flag to me that I was not going to get the job (I didn't). I ended up really resenting the experience and the waste of my time. I had to take off an entire day of work for that!

BP Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Interview

The whole process took about one week. I applied online and received an email back three days later to set up an introduction phone call. They talked about my availability and when I could start. Three days later, I was called by the department manager to set up an in-person interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and included a few simple questions and an on the floor shopping exercise

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Pull two outfits out for a 13-year-old girl who's mom does not want her to show too much skin but the daughter only wants cropped tops and mini skirts.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Depending on what your applying for and what your reputation is will help your interview. If you are new to company make sure your resume is complete and fill out online profile

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy, They asked me about what I have done in the past. In addition, they explained to me the expectations of the job. I feel like they really went into detail

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Asked about prior job experience, questions about how I would act or feel about job situations, let me know I was hired immediately. Overall it was very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond at a job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boca Raton, FL (US)).

Interview

I originally applied for Men's wear, but at the time of my interview, the position was filled. They quickly found a position in Women's Shoes. The process was quick, they called to do a fast over the phone interview. Then about two days after the in-person interview, I heard back.

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

I received an email to interview. The initial response wasn’t answered, so I had to follow up. I went in for a formal interview, followed by an application interview. I was practically told I did a great job and was spoken to about training that following Tuesday. The executive called to speak with me, and she made me believe I had the job and I would hear back from Nordstrom shortly, and that my qualifications were more than perfect for the position. Not only did I never receive that call, but I never got a response to any follow up I ever sent. I was completely ignored and never heard from them again. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized. This is not the first time this has happened. I will not be applying here ever again, as they do not take their applicants or their employees seriously.

Allocator Interview

Interview

Applied online, a phone interview with recruiter then with Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager seemed not so interested in the conversation and just barely could put words together. She forgot what she wanted to say during the conversation. I finally got a feedback that they will be moving forward with an internal candidate that I was not surprised at all. I just thought they should not waste time of external candidates if they wanted to hire that internal candidate in the first place.

Finance Rotation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

There was a recorded hirevue with general behavioral questions and then final round video interview with two financial analysts. There was 3-4 weeks between each part of the process. Final round was behavioral and a simple case.

Interview Questions

• What is a company that you think is very innovative in the retail space?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied Online and a couple weeks later I was called to do a group in person interview. We were all called in for a one on one then was asked hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

• Heres a rack of clothing: style something and try to sell it to me   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.