Meta Product Designer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 178 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Applied online12%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I went through 3 round of virtual interviews with varying teams. And a portfolio presentation with 2 case studies. Plus app review. And a dry run with the recruiter for my portfolio.

Interview Questions
  • To review an existing app
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Talk to a Product Designer manager for 45 min. The next interview was with 2 other product designers from the team. Lastly I talked with a Product Manager and two developers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Passed the recruiter call, but unfortunately didn't get to meet with the hiring manager. The process was a bit slow, but the recruiter was very kind and got back to me instead of ghosting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Lack of transparency about what job you are interviewing for. Why would I be interested in a role that I don't know what it is doing/about? The interview process was shorter than expected only 2 half-full day zoom rounds. The recruiters were helpful and answered me efficiently. Had a zoom glitch randomly, and it caused some visual issues with my presentation that played a part in the rest of my interview. The interviewers seemed disinterested. There was 0 gender diversity and barely any racial diversity in the interview panel. One of the interviewers was extremely condescending and rude, I almost asked to stop the interview. The interviewers looked overworked and tired and when asked about their experience, there was no excitement in their voices/and they all mentioned a lot of glaring issues where their voices were not heard. With interviews with this company more than any other company, people's major motivation to work here was for the money. I felt like a number in my interview. The recruiter didn't personalize the experience, was inexperienced and unprofessional, and ultimately the interview did not go as expected because of a technical issue, and the recruiter did nothing to help with that.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked with design systems before and when have you implemented one? A lot of assumptions made on this one after tripping up multiple times on a PC way to say it: You didn't go to a design school. How did you end up in design?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email after an internal referral. I met a designer at Meta for 30 mins before my first interview. Screening: past work presentation and app critique. Onsite: 4 interviews – past work presentation, whiteboarding, app critique, background. Pros: - I got a lot of tips from the recruiter via email and general advice before the second interview. - I was able to reschedule very easily. Cons: - I could see the interviewers were doing something else during the presentation. Even though I said with accompanying slides: "When I first started at X company, there was only a logo and no design system. I initiated the project, assembled the team, etc." or "I was the sole product designer on this project", I got the same question over and over: "How much of this did you do?" When I was rejected, the recruiter mentioned: "it wasn't clear how much of it did you do". I was really surprised.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Apr 2022

Interview

I was contacted by a Meta recruiter on LinkedIn who asked me for in intro interview. I agreed and the recruiter gave me a call. We spoke for about 25min and I was asked normal screening questions. I was not given a chance to ask any questions at the end of the interview, it was one sided (Red flag). Next, I received an invitation for the second round which consisted of 2 parts. An app critique and past work presentation. Both with junior designers who clearly were not that competent. They had no clue what they were doing. For the app critique part, I was asked which app I wanted to critique, and I provided 3 options, The designer said pick any it doesn't matter. However, at the end of the app critique, I was asked why did I chose this specific app to critique, hello? I gave 3 options and I was told to chose one. Aside from that, the designer looked pale and sad. I led the call, the interview pretty much said and did nothing. In the second part of the interview, the presentation of past work. I was interrupted 7 or 8 times while I was presenting a project. On every single screen, the junior designer asked a question. Naturally, the 45min was not enough since I was interrupted the entire time. I had to wrap up the last few screens because there was no time left. The second designer looked also unhappy at her job. I felt sad for them and changed my mind about working at Meta. It sound good on paper, but in reality the designers looked miserable. One last thing, I have met 2 junior designers, and in an interview prep call another 2 junior designers and 1 HR. All these 5 employees were girls. People talk about diversity and equal rights but everyone I met at Meta were girls. Not to mention, they were all kids in their 20s.

Interview Questions
  • - Why did you choose to work at Meta (Who asks these types of questions anymore)

Meta

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Good process, but horrible people. Each step took weeks between it, and ultimately when it came time for the onsite I wasn’t interested anymore. They do offer a prep session, but I found it to be pointless considering how they prepare you versus what the interviews are actually like. Interviewers at Meta are very condescending and focused on some weird formula for analyzing you, not getting to know you or at any time asking you if you have questions. It was a very unwelcoming environment, and I had no desire to do a 3 hour onsite.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The process consists of three stages. The first is sending a portfolio (recommended 4-8 projects, quality is better than quantity) The second stage is a short phone interview and the third step consists of presenting two projects and app critique

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths as a designer? What interests you and excites you in design?
3 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2022

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. The questions are quite general, just don't be nervous and be yourself. Make sure to practice interviews with your friends or colleagues. The questions are related to your, nothing related to the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The HR is so dead face and speaks super quickly. The Hr did not really care about you as a person. In the email, he pretends to be very nice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 178 Interviews