McAfee Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 405 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

McAfee

Application

I interviewed at McAfee

Interview

Round 0: General Test : This was done through a third party vendor. Round1: Coding and DS - Simple coding questions and questions related to Resume. Round 2: Algos and puzzles Round3: HR - General HR related questions. Was not difficult.

Interview Questions
  • 1: Reversing a linked list 2: Print a binary tree
    Answer Question

McAfee

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in Sep 2021

Interview

I cleared one in-person round and one online coding round. Post that HR kept on rescheduling saying their interviewers are on sick leave every day. I gave up their drama. No respect for the candidate's time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

McAfee

Application

I interviewed at McAfee

Interview

It was a good interview Questions were basic java questions The interview process was very seamless There were 3 rounds of interview and 1 round of coding The interviewers were very understanding and I was offered the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McAfee

Application

I interviewed at McAfee

Interview

I only had one round of interview as a co-op student. After some standard behavioural questions, I had to answer some technical questions and write pesudo code on a whiteboard

Interview Questions
  • - Array sorting - Data structure - Object oriented programming
1 person found this interview helpful

McAfee

Application

I interviewed at McAfee

Interview

1 interview with manager, 1 exam, 1 interview with ceo. easy questions not very complicated. interview with manager one question and then talked about the product and got question about the product

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McAfee

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee

Interview

total 4 rounds 2 technical round, 3 rd round is coding round, 4th round is managerial round and then HR round. Questions on Spring, Java, Exception handling and design patterns. Coding round is based on scenario based to design the problem using design patterns and to test the approach.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore)

Interview

I applied through college. The first round was a written round. The test is organized by a company called eLitmus. There were 3 sections-quantitative(hard), problem-solving(medium level difficulty) and verbal ability(easy). Around 27 people were shortlisted for the next round. The 2nd round was a technical round, where I was asked about my projects and was given 3 coding questions. There was group discussion too. They shortlisted 12 from this round. The 3rd round was another technical round where I was asked to explain my best project in detail followed by a output question in python, that I messed up. And then I was given another chance, when he asked me a puzzle. The interviewer told me I was close to the answer and wished me all the best for my future endeavours. I got rejected, but it was great to be a part of this process.

Interview Questions
  • Find the row with maximum number of 1s
  • A software engineer has the capability of thinking 100 lines of code in five minutes and can type 100 lines of code in 10 minutes. He takes a break for five minutes after every ten minutes. How many lines of codes will he complete typing after an hour
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore) in Aug 2019

Interview

I interviewed at McAfee in 2019. It had 5 rounds. 1st round was a pen and paper test with 60 questions for 2 hours, comprising of Aptitude,Verbal ability, Logical reasoning and passage sections. This round had negative marking. 2nd round was a pen and paper technical round which had 40 MCQs for 1hr duration with java, Dbms and OS concepts. Shortlisted candidates were called for the interview process next day. A group discussion followed by 2 rounds of technical interviews and a HR interview was conducted. Every round had elimination process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about simple DBMS queries, OOPs concepts, Computer networks and Data Structures in the first technical round. Second round was completely about the projects, internship and managerial round.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Manipal) in Aug 2019

Interview

We first had a pen-paper based online test conducted by eLitmus. It was of 3 hours. 2 hours was Quant ,Logical and English with negative marking and 1 hour was MCQ based questions on C,C++,Java,DBMS,DS, and general computer science. After the shortlist was out , Round 1 was GD + interview whose cumulative performance was taken to eliminate people and then Round 2 was technical.That's all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Cork) in Jul 2019

Interview

I went through the whole process, 2 technical interviews, 2 managerial interviews. and a coding test at the beginning. They took so long to get back to me between each step! I had the main technical interview 2 weeks before I had the next step. and after I finished all the steps (including a managerial interview) they asked me to do another technical interview because one of the crucial interviewers was not present in the panel interview. Which I rejected and said that if her presence was crucial why didn't she attend the panel interview! but they convinced me that everything looks good and this step is just needed to finish the interview and they will get back to me soon after. which was surprisingly as they also got back to me after a long time. And said that my technical experience is not suitable for the position based on first interview which I did 1 month earlier at the time! Anyway I asked for a detailed explanation as I have invested lots of time in that process, the HR person promised to do so, but they never did!

Interview Questions
  • C++ questions, some design pattern question, and for managerial interview some questions about experience with long distance team work.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews