McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

McAfee Interview Questions

Interviews at McAfee

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called for a on site interview, where 3 ppl interviewed me. They mainly asked about my last job and work experience and C technical questions

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected Question. All the questions were related to 'C' language and asked to write programs in 'C' like itoa, malloc etc   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Idaho Falls, ID (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager that was hiring interns and he brought an engineer on the team with him. The engineer was a recent grad, so it was a little less stressful than another experienced engineer. They both made the environment relaxed, but I could tell that they were sharp guys. The questions they asked were fair and not crazy. Afterwards they showed me around the office and gave me a free drink.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming problem: Create a function that takes in a string and reverses it.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by programming test and then a one on one interview with four senior members of the team including the hiring manager. Coding fundamentals and common questions about tools used for code management, debugging tools, bug database etc. Programming basics like data structures and algorithms and why one is chosen over the other.

Interview Questions

• c++ programming skills implement stack and queue from scratch   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

recruited pinged me on LinkedIn and then have a Phone interview from hiring manager, lastly did an onsite interview. The whole process lasts for 4 weeks. Nothing fancy just like a normal IT company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithms questions and fundamental CS questions   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a reply back from them to schedule a phone screen within a week. The phone screen was very simple, included questions from my resume, followed by behavioral questions, and a couple of technical questions. They were interested in people with prior experience in scripting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rely on your instincts. How would you describe OOP. What is the difference between a pointer and a primitive data type. What is the difference between an array and a linked list.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions

• As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Sacramento, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was one interview since it was more of a small call center scene. Most of the inside sales dept was located in Plano, TX. I met with the team lead. Then with the sales manager. Was offered the job at that point.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions. This was pretty much my first sales job.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

HR Sales Recruiter had an intro level conversation over the phone with me however, weren't very familiar with the details of the position or company. Following our 10min call I was told she'd schedule a meeting with the Hiring Manager (boss to be) however, after 10 business days with no communication I was forced to follow up with the recruiter whom returned my email 24hrs later with an apology, saying she'd take immediate care of it. 5 Business days later with no communication I followed up with the recruiter again and was successful with scheduling the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. This call was on track with expectation, gathering an understanding of the role/company and what the next steps would be. Within 7 days I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and regional director, receiving an offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• I've personally been in the space for some time so there were no questions that I had trouble with however, no questions were technical. Everything revolved around my approach with a sales cycle, how I felt about calling into new customers, cold calls, calling executives, etc..   1 Answer

Negotiation

They initial offer letter was below my expectation so I came back, roughly 15% higher and we met in the middle. Negotiating was very easy and expected from the company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.