Jumeirah Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Jumeirah Interview Questions

Interviews at Jumeirah

2.9

Several Different Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumeirah.

Interview

I live in Houston, Texas and I am a US citizen. Unlike some of the previews reviews on interviews, I do not have any connections. The Jumeirah representatives in NY have never come to The Hilton College at University Of Houston to showcase the availability in either NY or elsewhere.

So, since I am very interested in working in Dubai for the Jumeirah Group Hotels, I applied for several different positions online and always have received the email which every job seeker dreads to receive, i.e., (We will not be moving further with your application"

I know I have several years of experience, both in management and front desk and I also meet most of the requirements that the particular job demands. My only guess is that because I am a US citizen and do not have work authorization to work in Dubai, I am being denied that opportunity, maybe because the Jumeirah Group does not want to deal with sponsoring anyone who does not already have a work authorization.

I wish I could be given that opportunity to prove myself

Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumeirah (New York, NY (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

It was an international intracompany transfer. The position was open online, a manager knew me and referred me. I received a phone call for an interview. It was pleasant and not intimidating, probably because the manager who I was talking to, knew the person that referred me and completely trusted her.
    It was more to gauge my personality and if I fitted in the team, in this particular case.
    It took a little over a week to get the process started, and a few months with visa etc for me to come to the US. The impression I had from the interviewer and future manager was that I was in good hands. Everything I had hoped for to get with Jumeirah, I got fairly easily. This includes being promoted 5 times in 8 years of service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to the US   6 Answers
    • If you were the CEO, what would be your vision   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Guest Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumeirah.

Interview

I have been invited to the open day, over there we needed to present our selves, then we had some group exercises and exams, one on one talk with outlet managers and after all the told us the will send us email if we are accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why we should hire you?
      Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumeirah in June 2019.

Interview

I was recommended for a role and my profile was passed on internally to the hiring manager who asked the recruiter to set up an interview. I subsequently experienced the rudest and most condescending recruitment experience of my career. The recruiter interrupted me and mansplained to me how they had sooo many more qualified candidates. I was shocked at how a luxury hospitality group could employ someone with absolutely no manners or people skills in their Human Resources group. A truly repulsive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jumeirah.

Interview

Around eight interviews with different team members, including a promotional flyer mock-up and translations of 20 different texts into three languages. The interviews at Jumeirah are very lengthy but worth it, because they make an actual effort to grow the people they hire and to make sure they develop their skills.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and how it would benefit the company   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Jumeirah (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

it tooks 5 months process intial interview then final interview at the rcbc plaza makati after you get hired they will tell you to process the required documents for visa, uniform measurement, what to expect in the middle east countries.

Guest Relations Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumeirah (Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very friendly and chilled. The HR manager was very chilled and asked me to calm down tho I was nervous but eventually, it was a good interview. Feel free to ask any questions and dont worry it was very positive.

Guest Service Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jumeirah.

Interview

Its a 3 rounds Interview Process.

1) English assessment - Written Test (Basically its choosing the right Answer from given option)
    2) F2F Interview - HR (Basic / Personal Questions)
    3) F2F Interview - DHD or GM ( Questions regarding Skills )

Interview Questions

• why do we have to Hire you?
      About Yourself?.
      What was the toughest situation have you come across?   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumeirah (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2018.

Interview

Surprisingly lengthy with lots of detailed questions. First an Assessment Test (English Proficiency) then a four Stage Interview (HR Officer, Finance Manager, HR Director , General Manager). HR Officer is basically for screening purposes (Expected Salary, Explaining Benefits etc), Finance Manager grilled beyond. Very technical questions. HR Director wanted to know your background knowledge of the Hotel Group as well as the region. Interview with GM is quite quick.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work long hours and/or under pressure ?   Answer Question
    • How is your knowledge of Excel , Adaco, Simphony, Micros ?   Answer Question

Butler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jumeirah (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick very easy and very well explained. Time is different but you can arrange a new schedule. They send documents every week. About my previous jobs experience, what were my salary and proyects for future.

Interview Questions

• About my previous jobs experience, what were my salary and proyects for future.   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.