Find jobs for Graduate Civil Engineer

Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 811 interviews

Campus Recruiting6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2021

Interview

Started by applying on the Jacobs website. Followed by a recorded solo interview with 5 questions which you could retake as many times as you wanted. Followed again by a test with exercises to see the type of person you are. Finally an interview with two engineers. The interview went well, they went through a set of questions (around 8 - 9) with a chance to explain your CV. The process was smooth and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to show... team skills, diversity, H&S, correct old mistakes, learned a new skills etc.
    Answer Question
4 people found this interview helpful

Jacobs

Application

I interviewed at Jacobs

Interview

The application process is typical with CV and Cover letter with some online application questions. The assessment centre comprised of a team exercise, where you are provided with a written brief and need to decide which action to take, giving a short group presentation. There was also a one on one interview. Throughout the day there were opportunities to speak to graduates about their working life and an office tour during the lunch break.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England, England)

Interview

Face to face interview with two Engineers asking 5 competency questions and 1 job related technical question, following this you are free to ask questions about the role and the company.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example when you........ considered safety; dealt with a difficult team member; overcame a difficult situation; dealt with customers.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Firstly, a group exercise and presentation, followed by a one-hour interview. Questions were partly based on your CV and other regular interview questions. Make sure you provide in-depth answers and examples.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Jacobs

Application

I interviewed at Jacobs

Interview

We watched a company presentation, then partook in a group exercise where they watched how we worked in the group. We were then taken for individual interviews, which last about 30 minutes. It was a very organised process, and the staff were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

My interview was at the Croydon office for Graduate Highways Engineer. The office has a friendly and welcoming environment. The interview consisted of 6 competency-based questions ("Tell me about a time when you ___") and a Highway technical question. I would highly recommend revising all the questions presented on Glassdoor as that enabled me to be more prepared for some of the questions asked. Also do some research on the company, remember your experiences thoroughly and prepare questions to ask at the start and end of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were asked to change your plan/ method mid-project. How did you react?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnersh, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Winnersh, England, England) in Apr 2018

Interview

People who interviewed me were just very boring and they seemed like they hate their job. They weren't even happy when they were speaking about the projects they work on. I was asked some questions related to my skills as well as I was given questions to be solved on board and on paper.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Manchester, England, England) in Nov 2016

Interview

Applied online and then got a reply after many weeks saying that i got invited to an assesment day on Novemeber 2016. It consisted of a group excersie followed on by an hour interview with senior directors with technical questions involved. very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
  • 4 competency questions and 2 technicals very basic
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Nov 2016

Interview

They contacted me and set up an interview where they asked me about my past experience, my studies, why I wanted to work for them and about the projects I have worked in the past. When I went all they did was introduce me and show me around the office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jacobs (Croydon, England, England) in Aug 2016

Interview

Introduction made, brief overview of Jacobs and what they do. Specification of what the job entails and what it requires. A review of my CV to see if I had the necessary skill set for the job. A question and answer session about my CV followed by a series of competency questions. A technical question was asked to test my understanding of simple civil engineering principles and how one would apply theoretical knowledge to a real life situation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews