Holiday Extras Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Holiday Extras Interview Questions

2.8

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkstone, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Folkstone, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The day started with an assessment as a group, which lasted until early afternoon. After if you got through the process you were asked to stay for the interview. Very professional throughout.

Interview Questions

• If I could have any job in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online by submitting a CV and covering letter through Holiday Extra's own form on their
    recruitment website. There were several stages to the interview process:

- A telephone interview where we discussed the role, team working and my interest in the job
    - A technical task to be completed from home, taking roughly a working day
    - Face-to-face interview with prospective line manager and HR representative
    - Face-to-face interview with technical staff to discuss previously completed task and experience
    - 'Meet the team' panel chat with a cross-section of technical staff
    - 1:1 pairing on a current piece of work with an existing member of staff.

At each stage everyone was friendly and approachable making it a lot less stressful as interviewee. The process felt very thorough which gave me confidence in the other team members I could be working with.

The whole process took 2-3 months in total and there were points where I didn't hear any feedback for 2-3 weeks. This did make me think that I had not been successful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

The process was reasonably fast and the People Team kept in constant contact throughout the process and were easy to contact to answer any questions or queries.
    The first stage of the process, involves submitting a tech test. If succesful, you will be invited for a face to face interview with someone from The People Team and Web Team. Once again, if successful at this stage you will be invited back for a Pair Programming task where you will be accessed on more of a technical level.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras.

Interview

In total I had 2 telephone calls, 1 group assessment day, and 1 solo interview. The total process from first call to feedback took 2 months. Everyone I spoke too at Holiday Extras were super friendly and encouraging and my interview experiences were very positive. However there was an huge lack of communication in between assessments, calls and interviews and it did feel like they couldn't be bothered. A bit more contact would have been appreciated. In summary, the interviews are positive, beneficial and non stressful but expect delays and non replies while you wait for the verdict.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

31 May 2017 – Associate People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's really important that candidates receive a positive experience when applying for roles at Holiday Extras. This includes ensuring people are updated... More

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview and group assessment day. Waited 6 days for a very negative refusal by email. Called several times and no answer at reception and people team on voicemail . No reply to an email sent to recruitment team. Was told that because I left teaching due to stress that I would struggle with targets in call centre when told at interview were very achievable. Teaching is an entirely different career to working in a call centre. Was even told by interviewer that he went to start teaching but dropped out.Told that I struggled to engage in interview when I answered each question in detail and was there half an hour with lots of questions at the end. Told that I wanted to work at company but not that role. Sucked every last part of confidence I had in myself out of me and really disappointed to wait 6 days for a negative email. Withheld any further job opportunities to wait to hear back. Was told I would be phoned but wasn't and simply a negative email. Would not recommend applying for the job to my friends.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

23 May 2016 – Head of People

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately due to the weekend and the bank holiday, getting feedback to you was delayed which from your end doesn't make things easier whilst waiting. We do always aim... More

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment day. 4 members of staff from different roles. 11 or 12 people in the assessment. Even give us lunch!! Would recommend anyone who wants a great job at a great place.

Interview Questions

• Why have I applied for the job   1 Answer

Recruitment Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and very innovative! For my second round I was tasked with creating my own interview which I had to submit for the panel to deliver to me! The idea of the exercise was to assess my capacity as a recruiter and was a real test! The overall process was very positive!

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview one week later, face to face presentation with role play 3 weeks later, 1 week later face to face interview and finally another face to face interview 2 weeks later. Incredibly long delays between stages and waited 3 weeks after final interview to receive a generic rejection email after the 5 stage process after travelling to the centre three times at personal expense on days off. Disappointed with the communication time as I was recommended this role internally but due to the delay I was fortunate enough to keep my options open and have since found alternative employment. People team were however incredibly warm and lovely throughout and I cannot commend the working environment enough.

Interview Questions

• How would you reduce call handling time from your team.   1 Answer

SEO Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked a number of questions related to why I applied for the role, what drew me to the company, and a little about my current situation and experience. The extent of my knowledge of the role was tested and I was asked questions designed to ascertain my approach to work, and work relations. Overall, the interview experience was pleasant and my interviewers were very friendly. By the questions they asked, I felt they were trying to build a picture of me as a person, not just as a potential worker.

Interview Questions

• In a position of leadership, how would you inspire confidence and enthusiasm in others?   Answer Question

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Long and unjustified and made to make you feel small, more interviewers than candidates, Feels like the hunger games pitched against other people to get the jobs.
    2 step progress if you make the second half then the interview really begins.

Interview Questions

Holiday Extras Response

11 Jan 2018 – Recruitment Executive

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are sorry to hear how you feel about our assessment process.

It's really important to us that candidates receive a positive experience when... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.