Mission: HX's mission is to 'make travel easy'. Every person at HX works hard each day to do just that. But we also have a People Mission - making HX a truly amazing place to work and learn. As a result HX has a reputation for being an ...
I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 3 years)
- Always a pleasure coming into work, most days are fun - never get the feeling of wanting to take the day off. The company is very flexible letting you work how you want to, in terms of which hours you want to do and being able to work from home.
- Great culture, lovely office with very friendly employees. Everyone seems to care about the company and want the most from it.
- Leadership team are very accessibly and transparent. They do truly seem to care about the company.
- It's not the best of places if you want to advance your career and salary is too low for the industry.
- The benefits are pretty bad. Lack of health or dental insurance unless you've been there for many years. No gym discounts (even though they say they have). You only get 20 days holiday per year (+1 for birthdays).
- Overall, the company do try their best but seem to try and do it very cheaply. Also, the desk chairs are very bad (as a developer, this is quite important to me).
Advice to Management
It's a great company but invest more in your staff. Morale in the web team isn't amazing, you can't keep pushing for more while not giving any more back.
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.
Group presentation of who we would deal with a given scenario related to holiday extras, followed by a technical test and an interview. Everyone is extremely friendly and approachable, the interview was very casual and used competency based questions.
Our Google Streetview tour is ready and live! See our Wave building here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQnoK and our Shortbreaks team here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQnoT
With a Culture and Values rating of 4.7 we're officially 'cool'! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQCPV …