HRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at HRM

3.2

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2011.

Interview

Three interviews and then an informal meeting with the other lady on the team.

I met the MD and the Operations Manager. They were rigorous.

They asked about my previous delivery, why I was leaving, what I wanted from my next company. They probed every answer I gave. They pushed me to see how aware I was of the current market. They gave me a realistic picture of the performance of their existing staff. Their honesty was refreshing in the current market (recession).

I liked them a lot and there has been no change in my opinion of them in the years since.

Interview Questions

• What were your targets and how did you perform against them.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HRM in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for HRM and got a call from a recruiter to set a call up for a few days time.
    The phone call interview was terrible if you could even call it a phone interview. The start of the call was about how they are looking for the right person and that I didn't have a degree and they look for people with degrees ( so I was confused as to why they called me ). My CV clearly has nothing about a degree but a Diploma only. If I got the job I would ring people not matching the job description requirement is one thing for sure. We chatted about my experience and why I wanted to work with HRM ended the call and I definitely didn't want to work with this company. completely forgot about then and about 4 weeks later got an email to tell me I wasn't suited to the role.

Also had a look at my recruiters LinkedIn and this person has no relevant degree to what they are doing now.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HRM (Galway) in March 2018.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews followed by 2 face to face interviews.
    I found internal recruitment and the managers I met with to be really professional.
    Relatively quick process too, all took place over a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• A time when you took a risk
      A time when you made a difficult decision
      How you overcame a challenge
      When you have faced criticism and how you dealt with it
      How you continue to build your knowledge
      A time when you made bad judgement and how you amended the situation
      A time when you thought outside the box
      How do you measure your own success
      Which of our values can you relate to the most
      What are your next career steps
      How do you turn to for career advice and why
      Your understanding of the day to day of recruitment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2015.

Interview

Very professional, not too stressful but definitely prep needed. I got a good feel for the company too and I really liked the offices too. If you are going to interview with HRM, make sure you have figures and targets prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

First there is an initial call to thank me for the application and to ensure the role was still open. Then there is a short personality skills assessment which only took about 10 minutes to complete. Once that was completed, there was an immediate follow-up to schedule a phone screen where we spoke about my experience and more about the job at HRM. Once the phone screen was completed there were 2 separate interviews with different people in the business. Lots of communications throughout so it was very clear.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HRM?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HRM.

Interview

3 Round process, 1st round- telephone screen , 2nd round - face to face and then the 3rd round was another face to face. Was asked about past experience and how that was relevant to the role. Then asked about my motivations and what drives me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your main motivators?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Mostly consists of the usual questions at the initial stage. Then moves to a practical test where you're put in a sales scenario. They are also serious about doing psychometric tests. Depending on the graph that comes from this, they will count you in or out, regardless of how well you did in the first meeting. It's ridiculous because there are great people that fail it and terrible people that pass!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult is the sales scenario where they will give you a job spec and you will first need to ask the right questions to the client and then sell the job to the candidates. This is especially difficult when you have absolutely no recruitment experience and don't know how it works. It's all about showing good phone manner and confidence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim high, because they are stingy as hell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online via website. Asked to do an online assessment. All fine. Internal recruiter v. friendly but 'agreeable'... not going to tell you anything detailed! Met a director for interview in a week after. Professional but walked around the salary (I could tell he wanted to shy away from that) - recruiters all think about reward quickly and are pardoned for getting to that part versus regular jobs. Open answering to other questions. Didn't get the job. Felt the follow up was slow. Feedback was a little 'we're not hiring for that right now' yet there were numerous advertisements looking for exactly that on every job board. For a firm that talked a lot about 'their principles' - would have preferred them being more honest with feedback for my own growth. Be careful - a lot of brand hiding up what I was later told is a very very very KPI 'watched' environment. Could do with being more up front. Recruiters can take it. And recruiters talk. Wouldn't recommend to another simply because I think they're looking for your contacts but aren't willing to say that in a direct way - we all get that it's a business!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next few years   1 Answer
    • What kind of companies did you recruit for in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Extremely professional and pleasant. Everyone was very friendly. The questions were very relevant and gave me great opportunity to express my strengths. Also gave me a lot of time to answer any questions i wanted to ask in relation to the company. they were very up front and honest

Interview Questions

• There was no really difficult questions they were all relevant and appropriate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HRM (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Detailed, engaging, informative and tiring. Met with a number of people from different areas which gave a really good sense of the business and culture. They go into a lot of detail and like to get a true sense of the type of person you are, what motivates you, what your passions are and how you might fit into the team. You have to initially complete an online assessment which gives the management an indication of a few basic skills that are required to do this job, this is refereed to during your interview and the whole process focuses around alignment with the company's core values which really sit at the center of decision making within the business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer
    • What experiences can you use to help you become successful in this role?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a recruiter?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.