HRM Reviews

Found 52 of over 59 reviews

4.2
HRM Chief Executive Michael O Leary
Michael O Leary
Pros
  • "Having come from a bigger recruitment firm previously there is so much to offer at HRM(in 17 reviews)

• "Fast paced, high energy, demanding and rewarding culture with a CEO who really cares about his people(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The recruitment industry can be difficult at times, and this fact is made clear to everyone who interviews at HRM(in 6 reviews)

• Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

High Performance Culture

Nov 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very focused on delivering results for clients. Fast paced, high energy, demanding and rewarding culture with a CEO who really cares about his people. Excellent opportunities for progression.

Cons

High performing culture can be very overwhelming for new hires.

Chief Executive

That's great feedback, I really appreciate it, many thanks. It's a great point that you make around new hires. Ultimately we make long term investments in all employees that we recruit. So you are right, onboarding and landing well is essential and is the first programme being developed by our newly appointed Head of People. The best advice to anyone moving in to their first TA role we can give is, do not compare yourself to those around you, set mid term deliverable goals and give yourself a break if things don't always fall as you wish them to.

2. 5.0

Recruitment Consultant

Jul 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work - the people here are great to work with and always a very good atmosphere. A great company culture and are always willing to provide support when needed. Comprehensive induction plans that set you up for success within the business. Flexible approach to work/life balance for employees

Cons

No Cons during my time there

Chief Executive

I really appreciate the feedback, thanks so much. Like a lot of long established firms, it honestly took us a while to work out what work/life balance meant and how to really embed it. In the 30 years since HRM was established, total engagement with wellbeing and flexibility has had greater upwards impact on our performance, engagement and ultimately customer experience than any other cultural element.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

An exciting and forward thinking business

Jun 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The business has high expectations from its employees however make it very clear from the onset. It is a challenging business as high performance is at the forefront but an extremely rewarding one. They give you everything you need to excel your career and when things aren't going as good as you would like, provide the necessary support.

Cons

Every business has its cons from time to time however none that are a consistent problem here. I think the business has improved drastically over the years from an EE perspective.

Chief Executive

Many thanks for the feedback and you are right, it's an important observation. A period when an employee is struggling with performance is not the time to pile pressure on them. Often its the coaching support to figure out the obstacle to performance that provides the best outcome for the employee and their customers.

4. 5.0

HRM Review

Apr 25, 2019 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. A company that lives by its values and has employee well-being at heart. A perfect environment for self development and growth, while working with a collaborative and fun team. Great work life balance also helps

Cons

A performance driven environment can be tough at times but there's never a lack of support from Senior figures.

Chief Executive

The feedback is really welcome, thank you. We understand that high performance people truly put enough pressure on themselves. The role of leaders at HRM is to help manage and support that, not to add to it.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Amazing Company

Oct 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is rare to find a company in recruitment that actually cares more about the people who work there and the clients they serve than just about money but that is HRM. A super environment and a very family type mentality, great perks and great autonomy. Not a KPI environment if you are a high performer you will love the culture.

Cons

As with all high performance cultures it can be difficult when you have bad months but that is more of a personal thing than anything else. The Company understands how difficult the role is so understands these things happen and supports you all the way.

Chief Executive

Thanks so much for the feedback, you are right, the type of solutions we deliver are often complex and can be difficult. We will always take a longer term perspective than most, as people work in different ways, which is to be respected.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wasn't for me, but a great place to work nonetheless

Sep 20, 2018 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruitment just wasn't for me, but HRM was still a fantastic company to work in. There were lovely people, great work events, catered sales meetings and fresh fruit delivered to the office. Excellent starting base salary with commission structure on top.

Cons

It's very daunting working in recruitment if you take a while to become comfortable with people, but this of course does not apply to everyone. Early mornings and a long working day are a con, but my work-life balance wasn't too affected since I rarely had to do work outside the office on days off (unlike other roles I've had since).

Chief Executive

Thanks so much for your kind and candid review. I really appreciate your suggestion, we don't do it, but I will talk to the Internal Talent guys about it at our next meeting. I hope all has worked out for you in whatever field you have chosen, if there is ever anything we can do I hope you will get in touch.

7. 5.0

Breath of Fresh Air

Aug 17, 2018 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having come from a bigger recruitment firm previously there is so much to offer at HRM. If it's simply better incentives or flexi-time or having that sense of being valued, HRM are going in the right direction. It's more of a community feel here as they really seem to only employ mature, outgoing and down to earth people and that seems to run all the way through from top to bottom.

Cons

Nothing bad to say so far - they are moving in the right direction with their employees

Chief Executive

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 26, 2018 - Talent Researcher in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

New ideas are always encouraged, welcomed and valued The entire team are extremely friendly, welcoming and encouraging A fantastic sense of community within the business, where events are continuously organised to bring the team together. A highly engaging and fast paced environment, where you continuously learn new skills. Both professional and self-development is always supported

Cons

Nothing bad to say - no cons

Chief Executive

Thank you so much for the comments.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Feb 2, 2018 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support your ambition and provide guidance whenever needed. Great vision and clarity on future plans. Excellent leadership for all, regardless at what level.

Cons

None - keep doing what your doing

Chief Executive

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the feedback and thanks also for the long and continued commitment to the business.

10. 5.0

Excellent Working Conditions and a Dynamic Working Environment

Jan 25, 2018 - Science Selection Specialist in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management and employees within HRM are excellent. They are always extremely helpful and support each employee to allow you to maximize your own personal development and growth. The work itself is truly dynamic and no two days are the same. This makes for a working environment which is fast-paced but also extremely enjoyable and diverse. Working within HRM can allow you to build your own desk and work flow. This gives you great autonomy in which to work and express yourself.

Cons

The recruitment industry can be difficult at times, and this fact is made clear to everyone who interviews at HRM. It's not for everyone but if you are driven to succeed and ambitious it is an industry that you can flourish in.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews