Forever 21 Visual Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Forever 21 Visual Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

1.7

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Glendale, AZ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview, extremely casual, very fashion oriented questions because Forever is a fashion company. Interviewer was extremely friendly. Basic questions, "Why do you want to work at Forever?" "Name three of your favorite stores and rank them in order of customer service."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Visual Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got called for an interview. It was like a traditional interview. After that, I picked out three outfits and the manager sent them to district for approval. I heard back 2-3 days later, saying I got the job.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via their website for the visual associate position. I got a call a few days later from the store manager with a brief recap of what I was applying for and setting up a date for my interview. I was interviewed by the visual manager with one other person.

During the interview we were told we were being interviewed for a sales, stock or visual associate position based on where they thought we'd be the best fit. I had experience in all three so I wasn't so confident I'd get into visual. I reiterated my strengths in creativity and my gave them a folder with my portfolio to steer them into the visual direction.

A few days later I got a call from my interviewer asking me to come in for a second interview. I arrived and was given two skills test: creating three outfits based on a general theme (girly ladies out, ladies street wear, and a men's outfit of my choice) and then filling two t-stands in the men's department with a concept outfit. I had 30 minutes each for the skills tests and was very nervous/excited to show what I knew. I did pretty good and was given some tips on how to improve my choices.

After the skills test I was told I was selected before my interview was even started but they wanted to reinforce their choice to make me a visual associate. I was told to come in later that day with the relevant documents and signed my paperwork. I was given my first shifts for the following week.

Overall the process was great. It was friendly, casual and informative. I'm excited to get more visual experience and to build my portfolio with a great team!

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Solo interview with two visual managers from two different locations. Went over my resume and discussed how my skills would be an asset to Forever 21. Mostly the managers talking and discussing day to day operations as a visual associate. Applied online and took about a week for a phone call to schedule an interview. They called me on my way home with an offer!

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Amarillo, TX (US)).

Interview

It's very easy if you're into fashion, it goes by very quickly, and it's usually in a group. My manager asks questions about you never "what would you bring to my company" or "tell me why I should hire you" she never really a asks "The usually interview questions" she tries to make the whole process fun.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you like about our store   1 Answer

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Orange, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position and a week later got a call from the Visual Manager to come in for an interview. The interview was very stress-free. He just asked about my previous retail experience and visuals experience. Then walked me back to the store and had me look at window displays, tables, and walls and asked what the inspiration was for them (visuals test). Then he had me merch a 4-way rack, which was super simple and he said he loved it. Two days later I got a call from the store manager offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience with doing visuals at your previous jobs   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience doing "lifestyle" visuals?   1 Answer

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Tucson, AZ (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a little long. I was taken outside the store by the store manager and a visual supervisor (I believe). They began asking the typical questions and everything was going well until we spoke about my availability. I answered all the questions fairly well and then the store manager proceeded to tell me they needed a full time availability but the job posting said part time. She looked unsure of what to do, then asked if I would be interested in a different position than the one I applied for. I said yes and she still looked a bit troubled. She then told me she was going to get a co manager to interview me as well. When the other manager came in she began asking me questions like, why can't you work these specific days etc. I began to explain my situation of having a child and that my husband and I take turns with her. It felt to me like she was trying to discourage me from wanting to work there, she kept saying "you do know we get off late sometimes right?" and she mentioned a few times how my child should be my priority versus a job. I know that!!! At the end she said she was going to speak to yet another manager and that they would contact me.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Columbus, OH (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next week for an interview in the store. Showed up to the interview and not only had they lost my resume and application that I had submitted online, they told me I was interviewing for a job I had not applied for (and told them I did not want to apply for when they asked me specifically on the phone the day before). They wanted me to interview for a sales position when I had applied for the visual associate position. I informed them that I had applied for the visual position and they told me that I was not going to be considered for that job. However this was not the case when I had talked to the store manager on the phone the previous day. When I showed up they told me that they hoped I would want to apply for the sales position, which I did not. They should have been up front about the job I was interviewing for and which one I was not, instead they lied to get me into the store to fill a position that was a lot less pay. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Would you take this job you had not applied for?   1 Answer

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Was put in contact with the manager through a connection internally. Got to choose when to come in for an interview with a lot of flexibility. Went to the store and sat down with a manager in their office. We chatted very informally about the job and my experience in retail. She loved my personality and hired me on the spot.

Visual Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

It was a basic walk-in interview. I was asked about why I wanted to work for the company and what my style icons in the fashion industry were. I was asked questions related to how well I work in given situations ( your basic retail questions)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.