Dropbox Dropbox Associate Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 1,146.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
Recruiter4%
HardAverageEasy

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

First contact via university event. After sending my CV I was directly invited to the interview round. 4 interviews of 30 minutes. Very nice interviewers and conversations. I thought I made a good impression but the same day I received a rejection email. Unfortunately they don't give any feedback although I asked for it.

Interview Questions
  • In order to enter market x, how would proceed? What problems will you encounter and how would you solve them? Which are the most profitable sectors/industries for Dropbox? How can Dropbox be improved? Which feature is still missing? If you can pick any superpower, what would it be?
    1 Answer

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

They called me within 2 weeks, the person was insanely happy, and encouraging i was not sure if he liked me that much, or he was like that all the time, but after the gift minutes, i realized, it was not me, he was super excited duracell bunny 100%. I though I nailed the interview, but next day they wrote me I didn't make it to the next level.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think the difference between U.S. and EU market in term of new users?

Application

Interview

About 1 week after uploading my CV on the dropbox website, I received an email to ask whether I was available for a first phone call screening. The call lasted about 30 minutes and the interviewer asked very basic questions (why do you want to work at dropbox, tell me a little bit about yourself, explain cloud computing to your grandmother). In the end, the interviewer asked if I would be available to go to Dublin the following week. I got an email about a week after with interview dates in Dublin (and If you're not from Dublin, Dropbox will pay for your flights, stay and reimburse your expenses for food and transportation). They will schedule two rounds of interviews: the first round lasts about 2 hours and if they like you, they call you back for the second one-hour round the following day. During the first round, I met four dropboxers. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The first question is the usual 'tell me about yourself'. All other questions were mostly related to the motivation to work for dropbox, which role you're interested in, how do you imagine your ideal day in dropbox, the tech world in general, some guess estimates. i wasn't called back for the second day. Even though I didn't get the job, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Dropbox is now installed on samsung devices. Help me estimate how many new users dropbox acquired last month in the city of Paris.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2014

Interview

1 phone interview, 4 on-site interviews in Dublin, if I hadn't been rejected another 2 interviews the following day Questions were not very different from previous interview reviews on Glassdoor. It is this sort of interviews you can't really prepare for and you have no idea afterwards how you performed. It is mostly about your team fit. However, this is a quick process, you don't lose a lot of time (I was interviewed in Dublin 2 weeks after my initial application). Unfortunately, all four interviewers were a little unmotivated, so they were 5 minutes late and left 5 minutes early, so basically they only talked to me for 20 minutes each (same with other applicants). It was actually quite hard for me to establish a connection to the Irish people, especially one of them was a bit too fake-friendly. Another guy was really smart, clear A-player, who I'd really had loved to work with. I think the ability to sell yourself is far more important than anything else at Dropbox. For me, this was apparently not the right place. A funny side note: Dropbox spends a lot of money on recruiting. I was booked in the most expensive hotel of Dublin (where I met multiple international celebrities), so my whole recruiting trip cost them around 1,500 EUR, and I don't live very far in Europe. Imo it is really disproportionate to fly everyone to Dublin who passed the easy 20 min. phone interview. They throw money down the drain.

Interview Questions
  • How would you prioritize a lot of requests, if you couldn't manage them all? How many new users did Dropbox gain in your hometown since it is pre-installed on Android phones? What are you most proud of? If you get up in the morning and you feel really bad, what motivates you to start the day?
3 people found this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Phone call set up after email exchange. 30 min phone call, standard interview questions. Asking about my qualities as well as what my greatest challenge has been at work. Also asked what a cool startup is at the moment.

Interview Questions
  • How many Dropbox users could there potentially be in Ireland?

Dropbox

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in Oct 2014

Interview

I applied online through their website and they contacted me back the same day to arrange a telephone interview. The telephone interview was arranged for the following week. The person I spoke to was very polite and friendly. He explained to me his position and few things about the interview and then he asked me to talk about myself and my motivation to work for Dropbox. Nothing related to my CV and my studies. The interview was informal and it felt like a friendly chat to get to know each other.

Interview Questions
  • How would you sell Dropbox for Business to a company? How would you explain cloud storage to an old person?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2014

Interview

I got invited for a telephone interview shortly after I applied online. After a 30 min. interview I got the confirmation that I am invited for an onsite interview. Onsite, I talked to 3 different persons about my motivation for about 30 minutes each. Unfortunately, they did not find it a match and I did not get through to the second onsite interview. Very poor of them to not give a feedback other than "Sorry, we did not find us a match."

Interview Questions
  • Why Dropbox and not Airbnb or Google, etc.?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Sep 2014

Interview

Dropped off CV on their website, a recruiter contacted me 2 days later, a phone call a week later, followed by an invitation to on-site interviews the next day. I flew to Dublin 3 weeks later, where I had 4 interviews with 5 different members on the first day. Had they liked me, I'd be invited to final round interviews the next day. Unfortunately, I didn't get past the initial stage . Everybody was really, really nice, but I'd lie, if i said the interviews weren't an intense process. My motives for applying, interests, thought process and behavioral patterns (imagine if x happens, what would you do?) were questioned to a great detail. They were all very clearly A players and left me with an impression that they'd only hire exceptionally great people like themselves. I feel like i didn't get past this round, because i slipped up with my case and they didn't feel like giving me a second chance, which at this stage is fair. They receive thousands of applications and can easily afford to think as 'if there's any doubt, then there is no doubt' about their prospective recruits. Overall, the most impressive recruitment process I've ever been through. The flights and hotel (2 nights) were taken care of by their travel agent, which saved a lot of hassle and money for someone like me who's still at school.

Interview Questions
  • Estimate how many users we acquire in X country from our partnership with Samsung? How many of those users end up activating?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Sep 2014

Interview

- Online application - 1 telephone interview with the recruiter - 1 on-site day: 4 interviews (each lasted 30 minutes) with 4 dropboxers (1 American, 1 Swiss, 1 Irish, 1 French) Everybody was very friendly, very cool (including the way they were dressed). They first introduced themselves, then I had to talk about my CV, my background,... After that, they asked me some specific questions (see below), and finally I had the opportunity to ask them some questions.

Interview Questions
  • Telephone interview: - Which start-up could Dropbox acquire? - What would you change in the Dropbox app? On-site interviews: - Samsung and Dropbox have a deal so that on each Samsung cell phone that is bought, the Dropbox app is already installed. In one year, in France (I'm French), how many new accounts are created thanks to that relationship? - How would you explain cloud storage to somebody who does not know anything about computers?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (London, England) in Sep 2014

Interview

Phone Interview. Spoke with a current employee of the company, he was friendly and interesting. Interview seemed quite relaxed although it was hard to hear him at times. Questions were generally difficult. My advice would be to read up on all the submitted interview questions on this site as they are very helpful!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews