Brightwater Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Brightwater

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightwater

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).Phone interview followed by a face to face interview. Found them a bit arrogant during the process. I would avoid this company

Interview Questions

• How much you were billing before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Applied online, phone screening then a face to face interview with the CEO and another Brightwater know-it-all.
    CEO was highly unprofessional asking me what age I was and whether I smokeor drink. They took every opportunity to be negative and arrogant and showed no actual interest in what I could bring to the company. Having dealt with some of their recruiters, it seems like ignorance is drilled in from the top downwards.
    Avoid at all costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process with brightwater recruitment was a phone call prescreener, face to face interview with Managing Director and then assessment centre with another candidates. They were very professional and interview process was very quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

I originally went to them looking for a role in another company but they asked me to interview for them instead. The interview was one on one initially, followed by a group interview.

Interview Questions

• We role played client/consultant scenarios   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2017.

Interview

Excellent - tough but fair process that includes an assessment centre and 1:1 interviews. Sales skills, ambition, drive and a self starter attitude all needed. Excellent way to see if recruitment is for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic questions about my previous job. What was your job function ? How many clients you handled?
    What do you think is the most important skill according to you that is required by a consultant ? explain the situation if you have used these skills in your previous work

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous job
      do you have a work permit?   Answer Question

24 Oct 2016 – Deputy Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. We do feel there is a rigorous system in place in order to try and gauge how people would work in our culture. The only time we ask if potential employees have a work visa is when we interview non-residents as it is important for us to know the timeframes from offer to start-date. If you have any questions, please contact me directly on (01) 6621000 - Barbara McGrath, Deputy MD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

After applying for the position online they called me the very next day and did a phone interview there and then. Naturally enough I was caught off guard but they questions weren't overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• What 5 words best describe you in your current working situation?   Answer Question

1 Jun 2016 – Deputy Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We do appreciate it. We do try and contact candidates who apply to us within 24 hours where possible and while it may catch people unawares, we would always ask if it's convenient to talk. Much of our interaction on the job with clients and candidates is over the phone so we do try and have a phone interview first with potential staff to see what their phone manner is like. Thank you for taking the time to apply to us. If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Regards, Barbara McGrath - Deputy MD

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in May 2016.

Interview

One of the recruiters from the company gave me a call and told me about the opportunity. They explained the details over the phone and invited me to their office for an interview in like 3 days. People in office are very welcoming. The Interview was very relaxing. They were very nice to talk to and they made me aware of all the duties i'd have to undertake if i was given an opportunity. It took about 35 minutes. No technical questions were asked. Mostly it was about what i already know about the role and how different it is from that, my interests etc.

Interview Questions

Brightwater Response

1 Jun 2016 – Deputy Managing Director

Thank you for reviewing your interview process. We're excited for you to start with us. We do try and keep the interview process and timings relatively short. We also do consciously try and make the interview relaxing so that we can get the best out of the potential employee and see how they'd work with our teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online - think it was Irishjobs. Got a call from a director who could probably learn a thing or two about phone manner and being professional. They were trying to find out if I had any commitments family wise. It was a one sided call to say the least. There was no effort to explain why it would be good to work with the company - all about the kind of companies I worked with. Called for interview a week later. Director and what I think was a manager. Different tone - more open. However all they were focused on were targets. Couple of sly efforts to find out my client list which to be honest I was really disappointed by. There was a lot of talk about them being a premier company - but the basic salaries they mentioned really didn't set well. I felt they should stick to interviewing junior people and monopolising on their idiocy in any case. The interview didn't feel positive - I felt like they were just interested in growth and didn't care about if I was interested in business at all - just if I could bring in clients - no discussion really as to how I would fill roles. I was rejected later on with a call from an administrator - not even a hiring manager. They didn't contact my references! I guess... that says it all. Unprofessional at best.

Interview Questions

• Do you have good relationships with your clients?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a non compete agreement and for how long?   1 Answer
    • Had you heard of Brightwater before?   1 Answer

20 Apr 2016 – Deputy Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. You've mentioned a couple of things I'd like to address: We do try to gain an understanding into your motivation, skills and experience so we do ask about clients simply because we want to see at what level and in what division you'd be a good fit in for Brightwater. In terms of salaries, we know that our basic salaries are good and our commission structure is such that you can earn unlimited commission, thereby incentivising our employees and giving them autonomy on their own desks.
    In terms of references, we adhere very much to best practice and only contact referees when we are at offer stage which unfortunately did not happen in your case. I'm sorry you didn't feel you had a positive experience and would welcome the chance to talk to you directly. If you would like to call me, my number is (01) 6621000. Regards Barbara McGrath, Deputy MD

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightwater (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

They ask a lot of you, but is a lot harder to gain insight on them. Particularly unkeen if you ask questions as to stories of their previously rumored turnover of Employees. Difficult to feel it is the environment they state it to be if they want process to be considerably one-sided.
    Quite detailed, relatively friendly style.
    People are very polite, but very formal atmosphere pervades the whole operation. Might suit some but does not come across as a place where people will feel 'relaxed' and able to concentrate on their role.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.