eBay Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

eBay Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2020

3.6
eBay Interim CEO Scott Schenkel (no image)
Scott Schenkel
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is very tough to manage/achieve in spite of flexibility for working hours(in 134 reviews)

• "Poor senior management decision-making(in 103 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Decent pay structure. Private Health Insurance.

Cons

None that i can think off.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give. They're paid to best advise me.

eBay2020-01-07
  2. "ebay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to work, very friendly and diverse culture. Would highly recommend

Cons

Very slow to adopt change

Advice to Management

None

eBay2020-01-13
  3. "Good employer"

Current Employee - Computer Product Specialist

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, good location for people that don't want to commute into the city ,sabbatical after 5 years

Cons

Not many career opportunities, salary is average to on the low end compared to other IT companies

eBay2020-01-11
  4. "Okay place to work"

I worked at eBay full-time

Pros

Friendly Colleagues, Competitive Salary, On-Site Parking.

Cons

Poor work-life balance, shift-work with little flexibility, timed bathroom breaks, low job satisfaction.

eBay2020-01-22
  5. "The job is massively talked up compared to stark reality."

Former Employee - Customer Experience Team Member in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home - no commute to work Training is good. Reality of the actual job is a stark contrast however!

Cons

Super short breaks - no time to really do anything or get some fresh air on your lunch break You are massively undersold what the actual job entails during recruitment and training period. They word the role very well, when in reality you are doing a call center role taking back to back phone calls The tools and computers are super outdated, slow and unhelpful The phone calls are tough. Expect abusive, racist and vile language and shouting on the majority of calls. Once you complete training you do 'on the job training'. The training during this period is non existent. You have zero support, bar a IM group with a 'coach' who is answering your query plus 10 others and dont give you any valuable advice or help which eats into your AHT and affects your stats. CSATS affect your bonus, however the customers give you back CSATs for stuff totally outside of your control or thinking its for another company and eBay refuse to remove them and you therefore dont get a bonus. I have worked in calls centres for over 10years in a variety of sectors and I have WFH before but I genuinely mean it when I say I felt so alone working here. Such a pity when its a huge company you would expect standards to be better. Your stats are mental in terms of achieving them all. AHT under 7.30minutes and they want you to resolve the query, deal with the issues and build rapport during this time. Its unrealistic. Hold time is 2 minutes. if you go over this your stats go down, but if you cant solve the query you must bank it and call the customer back later, but you can only call back when approved by a TL or manager which is hardly ever, and this affects your stats also During recruitment they big up career progression but the reality is progression is based on who you know, not the quality of your work or your drive or enthusiasm. Overall - HUGE disappointment. I left as soon as I could.

Advice to Management

Stop all the pretence - and actually actively manage. During my time there the management were non-existent. Escalation calls were massively avoided also by the managers, when that was part of their role.. to manage escalations! The hierarchy is real.

eBay2020-01-20
  6. "M2m"

Former Employee - M2m Customer Care in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team. Good canteen, nice coffee from cafe

Cons

Bad management, too much pressure, no soul

Advice to Management

Be real

eBay2020-01-11

"Buy/sell"

I worked at eBay full-time

Pros

Free fruit, food on Wednesday, w2 free drinks every Friday

Cons

The management, never have a break, always busy, managers/coaches act like they dont care when you go for questions, being treated like children, broken promises.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like children, for example stating that colleagues cannot go to the bathroom between particular hours in the morning. Dont break promises, constant promises of offline time being protected for your employees to "make customers feel great about themselves" only for that offline time to be removed from peoples schedules. Help your employees on calls! I can't say how many times I had gone up to someone and asked for assistance only to be told to find it in the help centre, or looking for a reason to get out of the conversation immediately, stop. I feel like the whole marketing about "making customers feel great" should be removed, as the buy/sell queue isnt about that, it's about getting through as many people in the Q as possible and then leaving them forever, they need further follow up? Sorry you wont have time to do that.

eBay2019-11-27
  8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great salary and training for staff

Cons

Shifts can be long and very strict on breaks

eBay2019-10-17
  9. "HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, benefits and work-life balance

Cons

HR role openings in Europe do not happen too often

eBay2019-10-14
  10. "Supportive"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Understanding management, subsidized canteen, parties and nights out, team engagement.

Cons

Parking is very limited if you are not on an early shift.

eBay2019-10-14