eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

eBay Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Contacted by HR. Then followed by a technical interview. Went pretty well on the technical interview. Even the interview said he hopes to see me in the future at the end. But only to get a rejection saying they chose other candidates on the same day of the technical interview. Completely surprise and a waste of time. If they already know my background does not match, why bothered set up a tech screen? But I never wanted to go to a company that is going down the decade anyway...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Filled out online application and uploaded resume and then received a email back to take a online assessment
    Online Assessment math/grammar/typing test /basic skills
    Video recorded interview with hirevue self recorded 7 questions 1 multiple choice
    Phone interview 45 minute with hiring manager scheduled online with hirevue

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for eBay and why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Indeed and never responded back. I was excited to have someone reach out to me during this pandemic after losing my previous job from the virus. I have sent the eBay recruiter several messages with no response even though I immediately responded back to her when she asked if I was interested. My word of advice during this pandemic is don’t give people false hope and at least respond that the position isn’t available anymore or there was a misunderstanding. Do better next time.

Interview Questions

• You look like a good candidate for this position, please confirm your interest so we can set up a time to chat.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2020.

Interview

The hiring process is too shabby and very slow. I got a call from the recruiter to schedule a telephonic interview and. after that I got a mail to schedule the full panel interview consisting of 5 rounds. It has been 2 weeks and I haven't got a reply and the recruiter is ghosting me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I applied online. Over the next few weeks I had multiple phone/Zoom interviews with staff members in Utah and California. The recruiters running the process were extremely disorganized, changing the multi-part interview the day of and not apprising me as the interviewee. Following this, there was no contact at all from eBay; thus, at multiple parts of the interview process there was unprofessional behavior from eBay.

Interview Questions

• Some SQL questions. There was no indication any part of the interview(s) would be a technical assessment. There were also very cliche questions from a staff member who would be the analyst's colleague.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via email asking to schedule an initial phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I submitted my availability and she was quick in scheduling the call. On the day of the interview, the Hiring Manager showed up on video and was casually asked me to wait while he was texting for a good 10 mins. It seemed like he was not prepared and was seeing my resume for the first time. He asked random questions about my experience. Overall, It was a very disappointing interview experience. The interviewer was yawing, using his phone all the time and was not paying attention.

Interview Questions

• How do you consider yourself an Agile Coach?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in May 2020.

Interview

Now I know why ebay is getting worse than in past years.
    The whole process has been over a month.
    The recruiter told me that two hiring managers were interested in my resume and then scheduled me a phone screen and in-house interview (3 rounds).
    The recruiter told me that I got positive feedbacks from 2 interviewers and waiting for the final one. And after all of these, the recruiter told me that my background and work experiences not meeting their job requirement.
    Guys, be careful applying for eBay. You are wasting time with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: palindrome, two pointers, and array.
      Some academic questions on JAVA and design pattern.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in May 2020.

Interview

was a super quick easy process. About 2 weeks from start to finish. Began with an external recruiter, then an internal recruiter and finally hiring manager and other members of the team. Interviews were a handful of general analytics questions, a SQL test, and a python test.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for ebay in May, 2020. First, there was a phone screening with a junior engineer in the team. After that I scheduled virtual 5 round coderpad interview. there was just half an hour break in between. The interview was average difficulty and questions were from java, data structures and threads in particular. I did not like that manager had shortlisted my resume and during interview after looking at my resume he said that my experience doesn't align to the job. I was shocked. Thank you for wasting my time!

Interview Questions

• 1. Trees and DP in phone screening.
      2. Stacks, linked list, DP, Binary search and questions on java(Immutable class, Threads, difference between equals() and hashcode()   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Chat with the recruiter followed by two phone screen interviews. The phone interview included technical and behavioral questions. I was informed within a week about the decision. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.