Zyte Reviews

Updated 2 Dec 2020

4.4
Zyte CEO Shane Evans
Shane Evans
  1. "scale up vibe + vision to drive corporate scalability + family friendly + multicultural = greatness!"

Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager in Galway

I have been working at Zyte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open by default - a company value that really permeates the entire organisation. Team players - team mentality is excellent, albeit with the usual operational hiccups of a growing scale up. To sum it up it has the best of both worlds. Startup dynamism with the absolute best of revenue driven corporate culture. Last but not least, it is a diverse multicultural environment and extremely family friendly.

Cons

Processes are in shift as the organisation finds its product and market fit. As such if many things are still to be sorted out and business demands may not go.hand in hand with resources available at that moment in time.

Continue reading
  2. "Fantastic team, growing quickly"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Cork

I worked at Zyte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The technical team is second to none. Still small enough for new people to have an impact in shaping the future of the company. Fully remote company, and they have been from the start, so you can learn a lot about working remotely and being folded into that culture.

Cons

The business was in a bit of a shift during my time there and going through growing pains. Formalizing culture and processes can be dull and might be seen as a con for those seeking either a small dynamic "startup", or a big established firm. It's a very flat organization maybe lacks some seasoned managers. They brought on some into the Senior Management team, but the majority of the company is still run by technical people and it sometimes seem that they're learning the business side of things as they go. This is also part of the growing pains mentioned above.

"Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Zyte full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with such a diverse, talent and supportive team from all over the world. Great work life balance as I have the freedom to determine my own schedule & working hours. Wonderful company culture with a focus on connecting the team from all over the world. Great career progression opportunities.

Cons

Communication can be a challenge at times.

"Great company with ethical people"

I have been working at Zyte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote working, No micro-management, great trust amongst colleagues, everyone is treated very fairly

Cons

Remote working can at times be isolating however employees are urged to connect with each other to combat this. Occasional miscommunication between teams but this is the case in every company I have ever worked for

"My Scrapinghub experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cork

I worked at Zyte full-time

Pros

- Very good developers - Remote working - Lots of open source

Cons

- Teams rarely meet face to face - Overworked and hard to reach managers - No objectives or view shared by management on where the company is going

"Great place to work"

I worked at Zyte

Pros

-Great people with a real dedication to creating a best in class product -Teams willing to improve processes and dedicated to continuous improvement -Communications handled well overall and everyone is helpful and friendly -Great to work with professionals who are experts in their areas (especially the support team)

Cons

As is normal with younger companies expanding rapidly, it can be difficult to keep up with new features and planned releases for the various platforms

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Python Developer in Lviv

I have been working at Zyte full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fully remote - Calm work environment - Competitive salary - Incredibly friendly coworkers - CEO is awesome and close (by any means) to developers

Cons

- Some internal processes could be slow, but it doesn't affect the workflow much

8. "Good company, very strong engineers."

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Zyte full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of effort goes into sharing knowledge across teams and being at the edge of the web scraping industry

Cons

They say there's 5h / week open source work allocation (for projects maintained by scrapinghub) but that often gets cut by other urgent needs. You may have to put some extra time if this is your interest.

"Could be better, this feedback only applies to the Maintenance team, does not reflect the whole company."

2.0
    Former Employee - Python Developer in Madrid

I worked at Zyte full-time

Pros

-Complete remote work -Freedom of working hours

Cons

-Repetitive work -No room to grow -Toxic management -Completely wrong direction and priorities

Zyte Response

August 31, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We will certainly take it on board and include it in our feedback sessions with our Leadership team. We are continuing to grow and we expect that this will provide our people with more opportunities to grow and develop within their teams and indeed present opportunities across other teams within Scrapinghub.

"Good but with issues"

4.0
    Former Employee - Python Developer

I worked at Zyte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fully remote Clear tasks Good management Big team

Cons

Lover salaries then the medium Become boring

Zyte Response

August 31, 2020

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you would recommend us as an employer. We work hard to ensure that our salaries and overall compensation and benefits package are competitive in the marketplace. As a remote-first company we currently operate in 28 different countries and we look to ensure we are at the upper percentiles of the salary scale for each role in each of these jurisdictions. What I can say is that we review our compensation strategy regularly to ensure we are positioned competitively in our marketplace.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 English Reviews