ZE PowerGroup Reviews

Updated 31 Jan 2020

2.6
ZE PowerGroup President and CEO  Dr. Zak El-Ramly
Dr. Zak El-Ramly
Pros
  • "Great people to work with: lots of guidance and help when starting out(in 4 reviews)

• "There are a lot of social activities per year both during work and outside of work hours(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "high turnover wich made employees so unmotivated(in 6 reviews)

• "Extremely low pay grades which comes across as an insult and leads to demoralized employees(in 5 reviews)

1. "Overall, ZE is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Management in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ZE has a lot of good people, which makes it a great place to work. The company has worked hard recently on improving the culture, and ensuring they offer competitive compensation packages. The technology, product and clientele are all top notch.

Cons

It's a little far the Vancouver's core, so the commute can be tough.

ZE PowerGroup2020-01-31

February 3, 2020Chief Product Officer

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your feedback. We agree with you that ZE has many great people, and it is the people at ZE that makes it a great place to work. It is our plan to work with you and your fellow employees to continue to innovate and do great new things with our product portfolio. Our location in Richmond, BC was strategically picked due to it's proximity to the Vancouver International Airport (YVR), and Richmond has been connected via the Canada Line is recent years making it easier to get here. Looking forward to innovating with you!

"Bad place"

2.0
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free lunch and no heavy work

Cons

Bad management and people have no respect

ZE PowerGroup2019-12-24

January 31, 2020Chief Product Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value all our employees' feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it is not positive about management and the employees among you. Please feel free to contact HR or your immediate manager anytime to discuss. We would like the opportunity to work with you to improve all together.

"DO NOT FALL PREY TO THE PROMISES MADE OVER THE INTERVIEW"

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

- None that I can think of. Join this company if you're really desperate for a job and have no other option.

Cons

- Low Salaries (Trust me at whichever level you join, you deserve better pay than what is offered) - Work from home policy is sham - They would ask you to apply for leaves during year end shutdown - Manager would ask you to be present for 9 hours in office - The job agreement that you would sign would say something like you cannot take leaves in the initial three months (that includes sick time off as well) - Not ideal for fresh grads as you would get a wrong impression of how workplaces are like - All the negative reviews are indeed true narrations and you would see most of the stuff happening around

ZE PowerGroup2019-12-20

January 31, 2020Chief Product Officer

We are sorry to hear this about your experience at ZE. We value feedback from our current and former employees. Over the past year we have been focusing on our overall employee compensation package, including increases to our base salaries. ZE compensation package also includes annual bonuses, incentive shares, RPP contribution matching, paid sick leave/flex days and health benefits, which all contribute to the overall compensation of an employee. Best of luck in your career.

"Great organization if you need a breakthrough"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time

Pros

Great company if you are new in the tech world. Provides great opportunities to newly immigrants

Cons

Mismanaged leadership Not a great pay master Retention is not great as people are here only to find a better paying job

ZE PowerGroup2019-11-11

April 17, 2020Chief Product Officer

We would like to thank you for your feedback. At ZE we strive to provide equal opportunities to all individuals, and look at attitude, aptitude and skill as our main criteria for hiring. ZE is constantly looking to improve it's overall compensation package ;on top of salary ZE provides the following benefits: extended health and dental, 3 weeks of vacation to start, Registered Retirement Plan with matching contributions, paid sick days, discounted gym membership and more. On top of those benefits, ZE has many social activities and employee focused events, including Monday morning breakfasts, holiday lunches, on site Yoga classes, Ping Pong, a games room, annual sports days to name a few. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

"Mileage will vary depending on team. Uncompetitive salary."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Industry leading product with many reputable clients. Good place to learn. How strict/flexible your hours are depends on your team/role. Lots of company social Great company for new graduates and people making career transitions.

Cons

There is no end to the number of stories of employees leaving after a year or two and getting *significant* pay raises elsewhere. How can teams be constantly understaffed? Because everyone just end up leaving for higher pay after a year or so. This company does not pay competitive wage. No amount of company social can fix that. There are a few very toxic individuals at this company.

ZE PowerGroup2019-07-30

January 31, 2020Chief Product Officer

Thank you for sharing your experience at ZE, and appreciate the feedback. At ZE we believe in constant education and improving all our skill sets. We are thankful for the many great clients we have, and our employees contribute to that success. Over the past year we have been focusing on our overall employee compensation package, including increases to our base salaries. ZE compensation package also includes annual bonuses, incentive shares, RPP contribution matching, paid sick leave/flex days and health benefits, which all contribute to the overall compensation of an employee. Wishing you all the best in your future career.

6. "Love the atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere with tons of events always going on (weekly breakfast, multicultural celebration lunches, soccer tournaments, sports day, etc.).

Cons

Management can be a bit more open to ideas.

ZE PowerGroup2019-06-06

February 13, 2020Chief Product Officer

We thank you for your feedback. At ZE we love the ability to share moments with our employees. It is during these events we get to bond more as colleagues. Please continue to provide your feedback and ideas to management, it is our goal to action as many ideas as we can. Looking forward to our next event/celebration and sharing those moments with all our employees.

"Good starting point"

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

Good atmosphere, opportunity to grow

Cons

Below average salary for most positions

ZE PowerGroup2019-04-09

"Terrible company - repetitive useless work, long hours, low pay, no appreciation"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Richmond, BC

I worked at ZE PowerGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

About once a month free lunch

Cons

Long hours and strict schedule. 8-5 everyday. Also offhour support is needed. Simple and repetitive work, especially for developers. Team will work on custom parsers all day everyday. Management cares about if you are physically there for 9 hours a day, instead of how much work you have done. Someone who stares at screen for a day that does 1 ticket is much valuable than someone who has done 5 tickets a day but plays cellphone during breaks. They might even moniter if you are on youtube or not. Super tight schedule, unless you have worked for ZE for years. People can go on for 2 hour lunches, but new employee will be blamed for 1 hour and 10 minute lunch. Those 1 star reviews are true. People work for the company for 10+ years will get fired for no reason. Whoever is reading this, might think people get angry after they lose the job, so they are writing one star reviews for the company. But have you seen this many one star review for another company? I guess not.

ZE PowerGroup2019-02-08

"Sometimes being jobless is better than working in a toxic environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

I have been working at ZE PowerGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only for those who are desperately looking for job to survive.

Cons

Managers are trained to exploit employees and they will be promoted by keeping their team's cost and salary as low as possible. Most toxic environment. You will be treated like a slave. Painfully low salary. Smart people will be fired or they quit. In one sentence : company exploits valnurable peole like new immigrants and new grads to run its business. This company does not have a HR manager!

ZE PowerGroup2018-12-24

April 17, 2020Chief Product Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at ZE. We are sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here, and it's true that working at ZE isn't for everyone. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble as we serve customers in an industry that changes daily. Our HR manager and team are always looking for ways to improve, and we are open to discussing your feedback and suggestions on improving. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

"Terrible place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ZE PowerGroup

Pros

None whatsoever. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Cons

Low pay Employees treated terribly Incompetence at all levels

ZE PowerGroup2018-12-27