Found 10,663 of over 12K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about VMware
The Toronto Bowl
4 months ago
Hello ! I’m a newcomer, canadian permanent resident and currently residing in Toronto. I work as a senior solutions engineer at VMware - Paris (on my last month of notice/ remotely) and expecting my first baby in a month. Am frustrated and panicking the whole time because I’m unlucky to secure any local job interviews. Any tips/ recommendations/ referral volunteers please? Anything would be helpful. Thank you!😊
4 months ago
Hello techies ! I’m a Cloud Engineer with 12 years of experience (technical post sales support, then PS delivery, and now presales and consultancy) I currently work in the American vendor VMware in Paris. Decided to relocate to Canada (got my papers), applied for hundreds of jobs but no one is contacting me and this is making me worried ! Is it my CV, my profile, my salary expectation, summer and everyone is off, not a hiring cycle currently? Or what? Any advice please?
Laid Off in Tech Support Group
4 months ago
Hello techies ! I’m a Cloud Engineer with 12 years of experience (technical post sales support, then PS delivery, and now presales and consultancy) I currently work in the American vendor VMware in Paris and got laid off. Decided to relocate to Canada (got my papers), applied for hundreds of jobs but no one is contacting me and this is making me worried ! Is it my CV, my profile, my salary expectation, summer and everyone is off, not a hiring cycle currently? Or what? Any advice please?
Jobs in Sales
10 months ago
Hi everyone, in need of an advice. Started my career in sales at VMware..Was up for specialist promotion until before my start date the role got frozen. Got stuck in the previous role and without any sense of direction or possibility to grow in the current acquisition, hiring freeze climate. Got an offer from Autodesk with 10% salary increase, 5 k of stocks, roles almost the same. Is it good to change now considering the acquisition, but getting into probation period during all the layoffs?
Got a burning question about VMware? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with VMware employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and the Palo Alto campus is gorgeous." (in 937 reviews)
- "You can learn so much from VMware and give back to charities while still enjoying a good work life balance." (in 909 reviews)
- "Incredible culture and great at building work" (in 788 reviews)
- "Great for people really into coding and those who don't like much customer face to face dealings" (in 717 reviews)
- "Pay is good but you cannot spend as you don't know when your job will be gone." (in 376 reviews)
- "This alone tells you how bad management is and how stressful it is to work for this company." (in 395 reviews)
- "Some managers have been in the role too long and wont move as they wouldn't survive elsewhere." (in 243 reviews)
- "Annual layoffs at the beginning of each year leave you uneasy wondering if you will have a job." (in 135 reviews)
- "Upper management is bad which creates hierarchy" (in 68 reviews)
- "Mediocre middle management." (in 59 reviews)
- 5.024 Nov 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsCork
Employee experience varies from Team to Team, I am very fortunate to have had a number of good Managers over the years. Yes, toxic and poor people managers do still exist but internal mobility is/was excellent. - Healthcare - Bonus plan - Retirement plan & company contributions - Dependents pension - Life insurance - Long / short term disability - 25 days Annual Leave - Additional 5 days company days off - Additional 5 days off for End of Year shutdown - Additional 4 take a break days - 4 months paid Paternity Leave
HR is only focused on supporting Managers so if you have an internal issue to work out involving a member of management HR will absolutely not help you. Outside of a few poor people managers, I have to say my time at VMware was exceptionally positive.
- 5.021 Nov 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCork
Great growth in company and development. Managers make a great effort to listen to and develop others
There is high workload and fast pace
- 3.016 Oct 2023Technical Support Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCork
Good benefits and, from what I understand, good work life balance on other teams.
Work life balance on my team is not there at all, haven't been able to use PTO in three months.
- 5.021 Oct 2023Business Intelligence AnalystFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsCork
- very supportive culture - focus on development
- poor communication around broadcom buyout
VMware Reviews FAQs
VMware has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 11,832 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at VMware to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
87% of VMware employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated VMware 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.