TenMarks Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

TenMarks Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2017

TenMarks CEO Rohit Agarwal (no image)
Rohit Agarwal

"Sales"

I worked at TenMarks full-time

Pros

Great educational products. Everyone there is focused on building products that will help improve our educational system with a focus on keeping the teacher in the center of the classroom.

Cons

The only cons while I worked there was pricing because it was out of the range for a lot of school districts. However, they seemed to have fixed that by offering more options.

Advice to Management

The sales management and top leadership has changed, hopefully for the better. I would only suggest that Amazon keep a realistic expectation based on the education market and the timing and flow of business in that complex arena.

TenMarks2017-09-14

"long boring hours, low morale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at TenMarks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We get catered free lunch every day except Wednesday. The wide open office workspace makes it easy to have cross-functional team collaboration.

Cons

Many employees left shortly after Rohit. There is tension with the leadership in Seattle, causing stress for employees here at all levels. A small number of people here hold a majority influence over the organization, and you need their support to be successful. Senior management does not have a clear vision and this leads to turmoil and inefficiencies. Teams are understaffed and overworked.

TenMarks2017-08-24

"Smart people, unclear vision"

I have been working at TenMarks

Pros

Most people on the team are highly experienced, have strong expertise, and are good collaborators. You can learn a lot working here.

Cons

Leadership does not have a clear vision, and it creates chaos, inefficiency, and wasted effort for the core of employees.

TenMarks2017-05-10

"Good but somewhat cliquey"

Former Employee - Intern in Burlingame, CA

I worked at TenMarks full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can talk with content devs. You can talk with PMs. Its a nice location. They try to build a community. People are generally happy about their job.

Cons

Cross team tensions sometimes arise when the stereotypical programmer culture doesn't sit well with more standard corporate culture. There are cliques and it feels like you join one and alienate yourself from the others a little. People have their own lives, more of a personal con for me since I like making friends but that's hard when people already have established circles they stick to.

TenMarks2016-04-29
  5. "awesome"

Former Employee - Content Analyst in New Delhi

I worked at TenMarks full-time for more than a year

Pros

has a very open culture. there is no hierarchy as such. Its fun working here!

Cons

tough working hours. less rewards.

TenMarks2013-05-01