63% would recommend to a friend
(8414 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Found 8,414 of over 12K reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and Not bad if you want to sign your life away" (in 443 reviews)
- "Great people and a real desire to improve the quality of life for our customers." (in 358 reviews)
- "Teamwork Work / Life balance is good" (in 146 reviews)
- "Free food & drinks and great place to work for if you have a good team." (in 136 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and the People Centre are amazing!" (in 113 reviews)
- "management of store is poor and no real move up" (in 570 reviews)
- "Low pay and not enough hour" (in 415 reviews)
- "Really annoying and bad managers" (in 222 reviews)
- "Long hours on race days at Ascot (which are potentially good if you want more ££)" (in 206 reviews)
- "Low salaries and there is no variation weather u have less exp or more exp your seniors." (in 139 reviews)
- 3.018 Sept 2023GMP TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCork
It is a good place to start like a first job.
Feedback was either nonexistent or overly critical without offering constructive solutions. Communication was unclear or inconsistent. There were questionable ethical practices that went against personal and professional standards.
- 5.017 Sept 2023Human Resources Business Partner HRBPCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsCork
Great oppertunity to grow and develop. Invests in people. Values employees. Fantastic learning and development oppertunities.
Cant find anything negative to say
- 3.05 Jul 2023Food Service AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
- Big and multinational company - No need previous experience to start, they give you all you need - Free food
- They don't offer you a career plan - Salary rate is too low - Basic rules are enforced but not respected
- 2.030 Sept 2022Facility ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Work Colleagues are very helpful and always ready to explain when learning the job. Everyone very friendly and welcoming. The company offers a ongoing training courses so you can constantly upskill throughout your time with the company.
There is a very high turn over of staff particularly with Facility Managers. There is extreme micro-managing within management which prevents you from being able to fully learn and gain managerial experience within the role. There are no staff incentives in place, staff on any grade level do not get Christmas bonus for example, which Ive never experienced working in any other company before. There is no pay increase scheme in place, many staff are with the company for several years without a pay increase and any request for same is mostly denied unless its fought for. Staff appraisals do not exist.
Sodexo Reviews FAQs
Sodexo has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 11,708 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Sodexo to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
63% of Sodexo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sodexo 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.