Shutterfly Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 8 Jan 2020

3.1
Shutterfly CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara
Pros
  • "Work life balance is a definite plus along with work flexibility(in 68 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, competitive pay and good benefits(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Company going through too many transitions"

Former Employee - Senior Web Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers and everyone works hard. Laid back.

Cons

There's so much turnover. Always checking my inbox for a goodbye email, or a restructuring one. The whole company went from public to private, so there's no real clue as to where the company is going. The CEO position changed 4 times just in the last 4 years. Also, when hired, it seemed like there would be opportunities to transition from one team to another, but that wasn't true.

Shutterfly2020-01-08
  2. "Good people"

Former Employee - Director, SEO in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people culture. Not toxic or political. Fast paced Adapt to change faster

Cons

Too many changes in management/leadership Shifting goalpost for 2 years due to the change in leadership

Shutterfly2019-12-17
  3. "Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and culture of transparency

Cons

Lots of leadership changes of late

Shutterfly2019-12-18
  4. "SBS - Will be threatened to mess with your H1B Visa if you don't take the pay cuts and demotion to a junior level"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good Team Good benefits with stock options - may not be the case going forward medical plans were very good till 2019. premiums have more than doubled for 2020

Cons

Fulltime and contract positions are opened up impulsively in large numbers. Interview process is a big mess with literally whole technology team interviewing the candidate. there are no fixed guidelines for the interview process. Even after interviewers select a candidate, " I think this candidate is not the right fit" kinda statements come up, just because someone with power doesn't think so. for example, while recruiting for a php developer position, after the team has selected a candidate the one with veto power made a statement like "I think he is wild and looks like a fresh out of college candidate (his resume says he had 5 years of experience), it would be very tough to manage him (because he had a curly long hair and he was answering in a relaxed way). The decision was just based on what the one with veto power thinks - Purely judgmental. I think, that was disrespecting the interviewers and the candidate. Two leads were asked to step down as "Senior Engineers" taking a pay cut, the very next day after they were promoted following a 9 month evaluation in "Shutterfly's Leadership Evaluation" Program. This program was conducted by HR as SBS leadership's Initiative. people were threatened saying "H1B and Green card processing will be messed up if you don't accept the pay cut and step down from your role to a junior level". I see this as harassment. The same thing happened with a newly joined employee who was recruited 3 months ago. Currently, there are two more engineers who joined in the last 2 months with whom someone high above is not happy about. hope their careers are not messed with. There is harassment, dis-respectful behavior towards employees, abuse of power (with Bossy attitude) and threatening mode is used to get things done. resignations from last 2 months will complement this review. STAY AWAY FROM SBS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS UP WITH YOUR CAREER. "SBS" IS A SINKING SHIP AND HAS ALSO BEEN PUT ON FIRE BY SOMEONE WITH POWER.

Shutterfly2019-12-23
  5. "Lies, Deception, and Broken Promises"

Current Employee - Production in Shakopee, MN

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Pop Bathroom sinks are used to wash feet, disgusting. Complain and you get put on a list of people who do not have compassion for others religious beliefs. How about making everyone follow the rules, Shutts?

Cons

Unannounced Layoffs Poor Pay Weak Management Two faced Management team Do you really like working with Temps who cannot understand the English language?

Shutterfly2019-12-20
  6. "Shutterflys shakopee location is the worst shutterfly location on all levels."

Former Employee - Machine Operator Level II in Shakopee, MN

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO, Vacation, Heated building (kind of), big parking lot, looks nice on the outside.

Cons

Unprofessional HR, small raises, mandatory OT, favoritism, rampant unprofessional staffing.

Shutterfly2019-12-10
  7. "Great people, great culture, good work, avg pay"

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- People - Culture - Work - Opportunity to explore different streams of work

Cons

- Compensation - Upper management planning

Shutterfly2019-10-30
  8. "My shutterfly review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about customer, and customers are friendly mainly elderly clients

Cons

You have have patience a lot the customer are elderly,and hard of hearing might have a hard time using the website. As customer service rep your job is to be very attentive to the customer

Shutterfly2019-10-29
  9. "Best job I could ask for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

my manager is a delight, and my two team mates are the nicest people, I get to work from home whenever, the benefits are wonderful

Cons

None to speak of. I've been here for two months.

Shutterfly2019-10-28
  10. "Average"

Former Employee - Product Coordinator

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vacation is 3 weeks for production employees. Salary employees have discretionary time off which is basically uncapped depending on your supervisor.

Cons

As a production employee you will need that vacation time to make up for low hours during off season. Middle managers are lacking and goals are sometimes unachievable. No real opportunity for advancement. Very click. If you're in the club you can go places. If you're not be prepared to stay in the same position until you move on to another company.

Shutterfly2019-11-08