SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott
7,112 Ratings
Cons
  1. "I have been working at SAP full-time"

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work with Great colleagues

Cons

no disadvantages that come to my mind

SAP2019-10-17
  2. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

flexibility around working hours, working from home; free 3 course lunch everyday with focus on health - amazing benefit; GPTW; healtcare, pension, bike to work scheme, lots of opportunities to meet new colleagues and friends; sports and social club; opportunity to give back to the community with one day allocated to charitable causes per year - loads more available on top of that. very green - environmentally... focused, how we can make the world a better place. lovely management who listen to employee feedback and implement changes to show they have heard and want to continuously improve our workplace. by far the best IT company to work for in Galway.

Cons

traffic on the days you work in the office!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and efforts to continuously improve what is already a Great Place to Work.

3. "Manager in Galway"

Current Employee - Manager in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Really fantastic benefits Very flexible working schedule, with work from home available Great learning and development opportunities if you are open to it Positive environment with an atmosphere of trust and autonomy

Cons

Traffic in Parkmore can be challenging but the flexible work schedule really helps to avoid peak times!

Advice to Management

Continue on the same path - esp. around building on the already strong culture of learning and development

SAP2019-10-11
  4. "Fantastic Company with great worldwide career opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

strong strategy and clear direction to new technologies Management focusing on people many opportunities to develop and grow within the company great benefits and compensation flexible working hours and home office option

Cons

no disadvantages that come to my mind

SAP2019-10-11
  5. "Great place to work with Great colleagues"

Current Employee - Manager in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Fantastic Benefits with really strong pension plan - Great flexibility around hours of work, teleworking, buy extra days etc - Free food onsite daily so you save time and money - Great career development opportunities if you want them, always something new to learn and get experience in and new roles to apply for - Great Health & Well being offerings during the year i.e. flu jab, dentist onsite, massages... onsite, nutrition experts, health & wellbeing speakers etc - Autonomy given to people to do their job, you really do feel empowered and encouraged to try out new things or ways of work

Cons

As with all large companies it is hard to get to know everything and everyone but that is also what keeps it interesting and no two years are the same.......that is also why I have stayed with SAP for almost 15 years!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on Ireland as a growing location and utilise all of the fantastic talent we have here.

SAP2019-10-02

"Global HR Service Quality Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing company with so many benefits, not only monetary wise, but also flexibility in the workplace which impact work-life balance. Very motivating and engaging environment to work in, great colleagues, great facilities and great coffee! I have a pep in my step everyday coming to the office.

Cons

Traffic in Parkmore can be challenging, however you need to time it wisely to ensure you are not stuck, SAP has this flexibility to allow you to beat the traffic in whatever way you can.

SAP2019-09-27
  7. "Development Manager"

Current Employee - Development Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible, competitive salary, innovative, great work life balance

Cons

Outside head office it’s very hard to advance career

Advice to Management

Please embrace new ideas not just status quo

SAP2019-10-12
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic flexible benefits scheme allows me to tailor my benefits to my needs and to change them when my circumstances change. Incredible pension scheme. Free 3 course lunch. Great work-life balance with flexible working arrangements. Employee trust and empowerment are central to SAP culture and our team.

Cons

None that I can think of.

SAP2019-09-27
  9. "Great job to get to know life at SAP"

Current Employee - Partner Support Representative in Galway

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong commitment to engage with local and worldwide communities to help with the UN sustainability goals. Real culture of respect and celebration of our differences. Great prospects for learning in various settings and platforms. You'll meet a lot of inspirational leaders with a drive to mentor you and listen to your feedback. Very good maternity and parental leave policy. Flexible work and work from home options.

Cons

A lot of acronyms to learn! A lot of platforms and systems to learn! Can be difficult to move up, and some areas could use better tiering to recognise senior team members with a title and the matching pay bracket.

Advice to Management

Work on tiering system to fairly recognise senior team members. Work on obtaining useful HR feedback when applications for internal positions are rejected.

SAP2019-10-10
  10. "Great company, excellent benefits & Flexibility"

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits. Great flexibility to be able to start work early for family balance and traffic. Good development programmes for career progression. Very open and approachable management

Cons

Traffic in Parkmore however, with flexitime you can work around.

SAP2019-09-25