Roku Reviews

Found 436 of over 476 reviews

4.3
Roku Founder and CEO Anthony Wood
Anthony Wood
Pros
  • "Roku is an incredible company with great people(in 87 reviews)

• "Good work/life balance, great culture and supportive management(in 46 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I felt like everybody at Roku was extremely competent which I never found in other workplaces(in 58 reviews)

• "Benefits are lacking, no 401k match(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Growing company

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No micro-management - All support to be on-boarding fast - Free snacks and lunch - Very friendly and easy to work team

Cons

- No cons at this stage.

2. 5.0

Loving it Still

May 8, 2022 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No micromanagement - Good visibility and flexibility (project and time management) - Good work-life balance - Comps are competitive - Got some good people to collab with - Learnt about more shows

Cons

- Perks meh - Documentations meh - Career development & promotion unclear

3. 5.0

Promising

May 8, 2022 -  in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Multiple Time zones to cover for.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Roku is a great place to work

May 3, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people at Roku are great! Skilled at what they do, very nice people and helpful. Common values with an emphasis on teamwork. - Roku likes to hire senior people which makes for a culture where a lot get's done efficiently w/a lean staff - Exec. Leadership is solid w/good communication - Still fairly light in process so it's easy to get things done - Get to use a bunch of cool Roku products - Still a 'scrappy' environment which makes it fun and interesting

Cons

- Not a con, but at Roku you are accountable for your work. No hiding. No blaming or politics else you don't work at Roku anymore.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best companies I ever worked at

May 2, 2022 - Director of Product Management in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for 20+ years and I can honestly say that Roku is one of the best companies I ever worked at. There is an opportunity to make an impact at every level and your contributions are valued. The culture supports and values a collaborative environment without the toxicity of politics yet expects accountability from everyone. I love working with my team and peers, and appreciate the transparency and communications from senior leadership.

Cons

I can't think of any major drawbacks. Since we are growing rapidly, there are the usual pains associated with the growth phase but that's also an opportunity for smart, driven individuals to step up and make a difference.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company

May 14, 2022 - QA Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are nice and obviously industry leaders at what they do. Working at a company that was skyrocketing in brand recognition at the time was really cool too

Cons

None I can think of

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Roku is 20 years old.. Why does it still feel like, it's just starting to figure itself out?

May 9, 2022 - Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks.. in the office. Great People ... Limited Autonomy in certain fields.

Cons

1st on the list is easy... Lack of Diversity.. The "Internal Joke" at Roku was that it stood for "Old White Man" in Japanese The company had such potential in 2019.. Unfortunately going from a 900 person headcount to a 4k headcount, during the pandemic, stressed many of the employees to near breaking point. Another issue, some of the senior level Directors and Managers have less Enterprise level skillsets, than the new hires they bring abroad .... Many "Old Timers" (4+ years) are leaving.. Including an SVP who many people thought would be the next CEO and would bring Roku into the future. The mass departures of the "Old Guard" should tell you how Roku will fare in the moving forward.. TLDR: Google and Amazon are going to ultimately bury Roku bit by bit.. leaving the stakeholders and employees holding worthless stock.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Passive Aggressive Manager who needs submissives

May 9, 2022 - Sr. QA Automation Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay A visionary CEO Amazing Products Smart and Talented People

Cons

My manager is exhibiting passive aggression towards me since I am trying to work from Home about twice a week. The company has recently announced a preferred Hybrid Model of working 'In Office' for 3 days and optionally remote on Mondays & Fridays. My manager persuaded other team members to come in everyday as he prefers working that way. As I have mentioned my personal need to work remotely for about twice a week, he is passively aggressive on me. He only hires people of Indian origin in the team so he can have control over them. he constantly talks about why he hires Indian people. He picks on me for pretty much everything and does not let me talk. If I am in listening mode, he brands me silent and if I talk more he snubs me as less detailed.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Scrappy Fun

Apr 18, 2022 - Marketing in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Responsibility right of the bat for those earlier on in their career

Cons

Lack of clear cut instructions and resources

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced but exciting!

May 2, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

co-workers exciting never been done before ad solutions

Cons

not great benefits no 401K

Viewing 1 - 10 of 436 Reviews
    </>Embed

Roku Reviews FAQs

Roku has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 476 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Roku to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Roku employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Roku. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

85% of Roku employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Roku 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Roku Job Seekers