PrecisionLender Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Carl Ryden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Manager Client Support in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Manager Client Support in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is all-inclusive and makes one feel not only appreciated but also an important part of the company.
    I am yet to come across an even slightly negative-minded person in the whole organisation.
    The learning never stops and the line of people willing to step up and guide you through whatever question you might have, never ends.
    They take care of their people who in turn feel responsible for the organisation.

Cons

Yet to find one, and if I do, I am sure it will be addressed ASAP.

Advice to Management

We need a more organised training program for new-comers, especially the ones based in international offices.

2. "Fast and Fun"

Current Employee - Delivery Engineer in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Engineer in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, fast paced, and accepting environment.

Cons

No real cons, we continue to try to improve so when something is identified as a problem we all focus on trying to improve it.

3. "One of the truly great places to work!"

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time

Pros

Engaging projects, room to grow, all teams are truly experts.

Cons

As long as you are ok with change there are no cons. You have to go with the flow as projects can change quickly in a growing company.

"Amazing place to work, to be challenged, to improve professionally"

Current Employee - Client Success in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Client Success in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (More than a year)

Pros

· Colleagues: When I am asked about my favorite thing about PL, I always say "the people." Everyone here is smart, curious and kind, and I am consistently learning about new topics or business strategies from others.
    · Leadership: The leadership team is approachable, transparent and inspiring – if you’ve ever heard our CEO speak, you’ll agree that those three characteristics come across loud and clear.
    · Professional Growth: As a nimble, growing company, every day at PL is unlike the last. Each person is pushed to try new things and take on new professional challenges.
    · Flexibility: PL employees are given a lot of freedom in working remotely where needed. There is no need to stress about waiting for a delivery at home or working remotely an extra day to accommodate better travel logistics. We also have a very generous time off policy that allows us to take as much time as we need throughout the year to see family, clear our heads, etc.

Cons

We have a very purposeful and deliberate hiring process, which means bringing on new people often takes a long time -- in a rapidly growing company that can be discouraging. However, the process allows us to be sure we've made the right choice and gives the candidate ample time to get to know PL and be confident in their decision to come aboard.

Advice to Management

I know this is important to you already, but keep doing everything you can to retain the culture as we grow.

"A Great Company To Grow In"

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday that I come to work here I learn something new from the great people that I work with. Being constantly surrounded by people who are both passionate about what they do, and excellent at it, drives me to be better than I thought I could be. As I have grown with the company, the opportunities to grow into new responsibilities, roles, and teams, have been abundant, so the learning and growing seems to be endless.

Cons

I think that cons are relative to what you are looking for, but some people might be turned off by the pace at which things change as the company grows. If you want to plan out exactly what you will be doing for the next month, and expect those plans not to change, you will not be happy here.

"PrecisionLender is Exceptional!"

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time

Pros

I've never been as happy in a job as I am at PrecisionLender. The culture is focused on building and creating value for people, but we also have a ton of FUN! It seems like just about everyone is almost always laughing or genuinely smiling.

The work is intellectually challenging, but also very rewarding - it feels like what we are building makes a difference in the lives of real people. Leadership does a really good job of making employees feel like the work they do is valuable, and that they are valued. I feel like I can be an authentic human being at PrecisionLender, and not just be a resource.

Also, the unlimited vacation is a great benefit. I don't worry about small things like doctors or dentists appointments impacting my work, and I don't feel guilty about taking a vacation when I need it.

Cons

One of the other reviewers said, "You couldn't buy a job like this one." I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Advice to Management

We love the openness from the leadership team on the direction of the company - keep it up!

"Strong young & growing company"

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time

Pros

Unlimited opportunities. I've seen several people develop their own career paths based on their own set of skills.

Cons

as with any young start up, there's a lot of learning as you go.

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Pros

PrecisionLender is one of those truly unique companies where everything just feels different. Lots of tech companies have either a visionary founder/incredible product OR a solid and stable management team that cares about culture and employees. Very few have both. PrecisionLender pulls it off, mostly due to the tag team of Carl and Ken.

The big plusses:
    * The product continues to be pushed forward, and with it comes lots of growth and exciting opportunities/projects for employees at all levels
    * People are treated "like grown ups." Unlimited vacation, very few formal approvals needed for most decisions, etc
    * Lots of really smart people that continually push each other
    * Lots of transparency on company direction, condition, etc

Cons

No real cons to share. You should expect to work hard, and be challenged every day, but in general the people hired here prefer that.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The real challenge will be keeping the culture intact through all of the growth, but so far everyone has shown that to be priority #1.

9. "Fantastic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. It's awesome to love coming to work every day. The work is collaborative and fast paced. The team is filled with people who are similarly excited by the work and motivated to get things done.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I didn't like

"Be more than a developer"

I have been working at PrecisionLender full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a tendency for engineers to just care about the code in front of them, and I've found that a lot of jobs beat that into you: "Someone else will care about the clients, you do the product like I tell you to."

At PrecisionLender, the focus from the top to the bottom is the client. They want you, as an engineer, to talk to the clients and understand not only what their needs are, but how they work and the pain points of their day-to-day job. It's an enlightening experience seeing what a developer can accomplish when they're not just working from some technical design doc, and instead are using their creative powers to solve real world problems presented to them by real world people. It makes the entire experience that much better, both for the client and the developer.

Cons

After years spent working in oppressive environments, it's hard to shift from the "The BA tells me what to put where", and feel the freedom to tell your manager "I'm not done yet, there's still more I can do to make their day better".