PetSmart Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.2
PetSmart CEO J.K. Symancyk
J.K. Symancyk
Pros
  • "working with animals , interacting with pet parents(in 407 reviews)

• "You learn so much about dogs as well as customer service and animal behavior(in 172 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most animals like the peanut butter(in 424 reviews)

• "takes a while to get used to dogs for service(in 255 reviews)

1. "What can I say..."

Former Employee - Senior Pricing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees get to bring their pets to work. Awesome group of people to work with.

Cons

High management turnover looking for short term gains.

2. "Great career start"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at PetSmart full-time

Pros

Pay tuition or bonus experience

Cons

Hours and how volatile it can get

July 7, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're thrilled to hear you enjoy your life at PetSmart! Working with animals and awesome coworkers make PetSmart a special place - we appreciate your sharing your experience and your commitment to helping to keep pets healthy and happy!

3. "Working at petsmart"

Current Employee - Lead Petcare Specialist in Brookhaven, PA

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get to take Care of all the animals. Which means I also get to handle and play with them. The animals are the best part of the job

Cons

Sometimes it seems like it's alot of work for one associate to handle between taking care of animals, handling orders and customer service.

July 6, 2020Social Media Community Manager

We always appreciate hearing feedback from our associates and are happy that you took you the time. Please know, you can also share your thoughts via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thank you for the review and for your commitment to helping pets enjoy happy and healthy lives.

4. "PetSmart Grooming Salon manager"

Former Employee - Grooming Salon Manager

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at PetSmart. I loved being around the animals and the clients.

Cons

I don't have any cons about my experience.

July 6, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for the review and for your commitment to helping to keep pets looking great in our salons while you were with PetSmart. We always value hearing feedback from our associates and appreciate you taking the time.

5. "Fun right out of highschool"

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fun if you love pets and seeing regular customers

Cons

Low pay and no consistent schedule

July 6, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for the review! We always appreciate hearing feedback from our associates and appreciate you taking the time. Please know, you can also share your thoughts via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thanks, again!

6. "I don’t have experience but I’m a fast learner"

Current Employee - Stocker
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don’t get disgusted at any of the animals accident I have a friendly face so people won’t find me scary to talk to and I will help out however I can

Cons

Sometime I get nervous when people talk to me and I’m really quiet when I’m not being talked to

June 30, 2020Social Media Community Manager

7. "Good place to work with animals"

Former Employee - Pet Care Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with animals, co workers are nice and all care about the animals

Cons

Corporate doesn't care about the animals. They only care about numbers. They stopped paying for salads for reptiles and Guinea pigs though they still advertised how those animals need veggies to make up a large portion of their diets

June 29, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We'd like to discuss more so we can understand better, as this is not in line with our values. Please contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. We are fully committed to our pets and people across the organization and greatly value everyone's contribution. Thank you, again, for bringing this to our attention.

8. "Best Job Ever"

Former Employee - Concessions/Food Runner in Huber Heights, OH

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This job was so fun each day, you were constantly moving and working on something. Not to mention you got to listen to a concert everytime you worked!

Cons

They gave me many jobs where I was running around constantly from 12 pm to 12 am and no one else I worked with had to do as much as I did.

June 29, 2020Social Media Community Manager

We're so happy to hear your experience at PetSmart has been so positive! We always hope that's the case. Thank you for sharing!

"Good Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Cashier in Schaumburg, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved working with the customers and with management. I always found everyone to be very friendly and a joy to work with.

Cons

Only con would be the hours. Since it's retail you got to be ready to work weekends and holidays.

June 22, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your life at PetSmart! Working with animals and awesome coworkers make PetSmart a special place - we appreciate your sharing your experience and your commitment to helping to keep pets healthy and happy!

10. "Great job overall. Highly dependent on whether you have good coworkers"

Current Employee - Dog Bather

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you enjoy working with customers and dogs, then you'd enjoy this job. There was recognition for achievements. There appeared to be opportunities to move up to become a groomer, if you're interested in that.

Cons

Your enjoyment level is entirely dependent on whether or not you have problematic coworkers in the salon. Sometimes you could get stuck working with the one coworker who doesn't want to do their work - and it sucks. It's especially bad if your salon manager is that coworker.

June 29, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share and bringing your experience to our attention. Please feel free to contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 to speak further about the things mentioned above.

Found 4797 reviews