ISIS Papyrus Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 19 Sep 2018

3.7
ISIS Papyrus CEO Annemarie Pucher
Annemarie Pucher

"Excellent people & GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!"

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time

Pros

The new building is awesome with urban gardening and more. How does that sound - "We play golf during our lunch break"? That´s cool! For the athletes among us, there are showers ( walking to work or cycling). I am very proud to work for ISIS Papyrus.

Cons

es gibt keine Kontras. Ich finde es perfekt!

ISIS Papyrus2018-09-19
  2. "Not right for doing business in the US"

I worked at ISIS Papyrus full-time for more than a year

Pros

REALLY good employees and very good product

Cons

- Upper Management is "tyrannical" and does NOT look out for the people who make her company work. - NO loyalty to employees - VERY high turnover based on both reasons above

Advice to Management

Allow your US people to do their job the way it is done in the US... this is NOT Austria and business and business people are different here. Either adjust to how business is done in the US, or don't have an office here. Commit to trusting the expertise of the people you hired to do the job you hired them for NOT to be robots. Listen to and respect their inputs, they know what they are talking about. Afterall, that is why you hired them isn't it?

ISIS Papyrus2018-08-17

"An exciting time at Papyrus Software"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Southlake, TX

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time

Pros

Outstanding software for all business communications. International travel and working with great colleagues are a great benefit.

Cons

Still trying to gain traction in the US with enterprise companies. Working hard for acknowledgement a superior product line and drive more to our website.

ISIS Papyrus2018-06-18

"Software Consultant"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Southlake, TX

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great platform to work. The co-workers are nice and they treat you like a family. Their main headquarter is in Vienna so you get to travel 2-3 times a year to Europe. This company is in business for 30 years now and has offices all across the world. It's a well-established firm with more than 1200 plus active clients. The US headquarters has a beautiful office in Southlake and a pleasant surrounding. I have seen people working with this firm for last 20-30 years and still love their job. The senior team members will guide you well during your initial months. They have well-structured training in first few months of your joining held at Vienna.

Cons

No 401k, No Dental insurance

ISIS Papyrus2018-06-18

"Look elsewhere, don't fall for sales pitch from CEO during interview"

I worked at ISIS Papyrus full-time

Pros

Traveling for training and work. Some people at the Southlake location are great. Edith and Oliver are amazing people. Unfortunate they're associated to Isis. The consultants are amazing people, as well as the sales staff. There are others that have been beaten by the CEO's system and have accepted their fate as a life-timer.

Cons

They make you pay for your own coffee, expect you to clock in and out every day, daily reports to the CEO, minimal benefits, and grumpy employees. There are so many wrong things about the companies culture. If you're a traveling consultant, they expect you to traveling almost 90% of the time when they tell you 25-50% in the interview. I've witnessed this first hand. People won't see their families for months and months. They don't care about employees, and when I say they, I'm referring to the CEO. She micromanages each and every employee by requiring daily updates, but is unresponsive when someone has a question or concern. Your manager isn't really your manager, because the manager just relays all problems to the CEO and takes ages to get a response. When traveling, you get minimum traveling funds. They will only pay for your taxi to and from the airport. If the company buys you lunch, you will receive no per diem for that entire day. The justification? The lunch is large enough to make you last till the next day. The system is outdated and will not help with finding another job.

Advice to Management

Drop the 'Papyrus' and that would be more appropriate.

ISIS Papyrus2017-12-12

"Mobile developer"

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Barcelona

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company gives you free space for contributions, ideas. Super cool colleagues mates and great experts in their fields No obsessive management control in our activities. Results counts. No dress code. We do an average overtime of 5-15h per month.

Cons

Time machine is there with core time 9:00-16:00 but no discussions if you are late or have to leave earlier. Pro and contra not sure: there is no big boss on you all the time. The new office is super modern. Would be great to have a playing room.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the american company fun benefits

ISIS Papyrus2016-09-22

"Good company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager Europe in Paris

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibilty of your work - Good value - Good persons.... Good balance of your private and work

Cons

why not investing in a better clim? ;)

Advice to Management

Continue like that !

ISIS Papyrus2016-05-06

"Well-established company"

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work environment Connection with collegues Growing options inside the company Easy access to management

Cons

More consultants needed for all the projects there are

ISIS Papyrus2016-05-02
  9. "Nice place to work, wouldn't want to live there..."

I worked at ISIS Papyrus full-time

Pros

ISIS Papyrus has great employees at the Southlake location. The building is beautiful. You take several trips to Europe a year. While I was there, noone lost their job unless they did not work.

Cons

The management was hard to work for. Being an Austrian company, they do not understand how to sell in America. The benefits are horrible. The hours are very strict.

Advice to Management

Hire a US sales manager and trust them to do their job.

ISIS Papyrus2016-01-07

"Just for smart people"

Current Employee - Mobile Applications Developer in Barcelona
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ISIS Papyrus full-time

Pros

The company has great products. In the innovation they give a lot of freedom to Developers which results products only when real engineer are in the team. Great opportunity if you are a very engaged person. All inclusive salary which is good only if you are good because then they rather increase your salary. They use their own planning and issue track system. Scrum is just touched were make sense owever management is always open to try something new: in Barcelona we introduced GIT while the rest of the group uses CVS because of the wide range of platforms supported; however the whole Development moved then to GIT were possible. The overtime average in Spain is 5h per month but many invest at home extra research time which is seen and recognized.

Cons

There are team leaders for each group, two development managers and a VP and CTO all very present in the evolution of the software. So if you want a lazy work environment avoid them, they want people that love their work. The office in Barcelona is quite old and hopefully we get a new one. IT wise absolutely at the top with top investment.

Advice to Management

Get real engineer in the team, often young mobile developers feels great masters but they lack of experience. Invest in a reppresentative open space office

ISIS Papyrus2015-09-06