GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.5
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
Cons
  • "If you are looking to join a sales call center - no tech experience needed(in 64 reviews)

• "Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through(in 37 reviews)

1. "Great money, yet can be stressful"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Actually able to get what they call a "living salary". The Benefits are unmatched, they paid for full health vision and dental. . The people and culture are awesome. We worked hard played hard. If they had GoDaddy where I moved to i would still work there,

Cons

Need to be able to sell, over all this is at the least a sales job (depending on dept. there is always more but sales is at the forefront) , now they do provide you with the tools to learn but if your not comfortable selling, then I wouldn't recommend,

Advice to Management

Stop trying to micromanage and listen to your reps when they have trouble. there is no one cookie cutter solution to everyones problems. To upper management, Your round tables could be smaller, cut them in half, too many voices in one room and some of the messages get lost, instead of one big round table, hold multiple smaller ones, This way everyone can have a chance to talk and have their voice heard, that and... follow through on those talks.

GoDaddy2019-12-07
  2. "Great place to work with good people"

Former Employee - Senior Director, Software Engineering in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Skilled at implementing new engineering patterns and processes

Cons

Has some legacy tech debt and pockets of a previous era's mentality that is being addressed

Advice to Management

Keep on moving forward so you can get to the point where you can return your focus to innovating for your customers

GoDaddy2019-12-06
  3. "Great team"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Iaşi

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team and very positive environment.

Cons

Old technology on some projects.

GoDaddy2019-12-07
  4. "A place to grow"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, people, professional development, facilities.

Cons

Not enough time....Wish I had more hours in the day to get everything done cause we're working on so many awesome things

GoDaddy2019-12-04
  5. "Amazing Company to work For"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Best benefits around and if you want to make money this is the place to be.

Cons

Gotta put in work to be successful

GoDaddy2019-12-04
  6. "Customer-centric, smart people, ambitious projects"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Woking, England

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Massive, complex, challenging projects with a global impact - Some really intelligent and skilled people to work with - Very flat day-to-day, despite hierarchy. Regularly working across all levels of our org - Plenty of opportunities for travel if you want them - Lots of opportunities to apply for internal jobs abroad if that's what you're after - Overall package including ESPP, Bonus and Shares is relatively... good - Good work-life balance, though it's really on you to communicate your workload to your manager/team and maintain this - Lots of growth. Senior Management recognises bottlenecks and moves quickly to open roles we should be hiring for - Product is fairly new in this part of the business, so we have a lot of control over what Product Management is and the processes we follow - Relaxed atmosphere and flexible working arrangements. Most of our team work remotely several days per week

Cons

- Growth can be painful. There's a lot to do, but we don't have the people to do it all. Saying that, the roles are open, and we're not expected to spend crazy hours doing everything, we just have to prioritise carefully while growing the team. Certainly a lot of opportunity for new PMs and POs to craft their own roles.

Advice to Management

In the department: - Approach to goals, dates and staffing is sensible. - Communication could be a little better -make sure the relevant people are in the room, rather than hoping 1-on-1 conversations will filter across. Across the company: - GoDaddy has grown massively. The recent leadership re-org is a good step towards re-aligning the business, but please don't forget that everyone underneath could also use... some alignment in processes, tooling and goals - every team doing this independently is not efficient. - It can be tricky to get the time or attention of the US teams, and harder to get our work prioritised in their backlogs. If you want us to share technology instead of building things twice, this needs to be improved.

GoDaddy2019-12-01
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Iaşi

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- nice company culture; - investing in people; - good benefits; - the opportunity to travel in other countries from Europe & US; - remote work; - transparency;

Cons

- maybe you should do more internal events dedicated to engineers; - we miss the tennis table;

GoDaddy2019-11-29
  8. "An incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for large corporate companies in London and i can honestly say GoDaddy has been a breath of fresh air. From the day i joined i felt like this was the company for me! I can honestly say nothing but positive things about GoDaddy, i can finally be myself in the workplace and not have to worry about covering up my tattoos and piercings which is a lovely change. Other companies can certainly learn a thing... or two from GoDaddy!

Cons

Absolutely zero! I have nothing but positive things to say!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

GoDaddy2019-11-28
  9. "great coworkers - new department with growing pains"

Current Employee - Website Designer in Scottsdale, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

wonderful supportive environment. good benefits and days off.

Cons

constant adjustment in process/workflow/positions/duties. high turnover little workload management- often too much for an 8 our day and overtime frowned upon.

Advice to Management

take more time between process adjustments to get sufficient data before making more changes. get more feedback from customer service agents regarding daily tasks and duties.

GoDaddy2019-12-06
  10. "Great People and Accessible Management"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

While GoDaddy is a fairly large company (>5000 employees), senior management is accessible in a way that you would only expect to find at a startup. As a product manager, one day I maybe working with engineers and the next, presenting to C-level managers. New employees will find that senior management and other staff are highly collaborative, passionate, and have a bias towards action. They will also take the... time to respond to questions you send them in an email!

Cons

There are a lot of competing priorities which means a lot of care must be given to how you allocate your time.

Advice to Management

At the time of this writing, Aman Bhutani took over the role of CEO. I am looking forward to seeing if he drives organizational focus.

GoDaddy2019-11-21