GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 12 Jan 2020

3.5
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
  • "Great benefits 100% paid basic medical and 50% of dependents(in 143 reviews)

• "Very good benefits, positive culture(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are looking to join a sales call center - no tech experience needed(in 64 reviews)

• "Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through(in 38 reviews)

1. "Great Place and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a sales job so the pros include having a great product to sell, various forms of sales incentives, and a pretty high earning potential. It's one of those high energy environments that embodies that "work hard play hard" mentality. Yes you are expected to work hard, meet metrics and all that, but they also value work-life balance and having a good time while you work. It is possible to achieve both. We work with people in different time zones & schedules of their own so understand that if you're not able to accommodate the customer, be prepared to potentially miss out on that sale. There's always some incentive going on for sales & performance, rewarding people that put the effort in and are able to achieve results. If you are confident in your ability to sell, then this can be an incredible and very rewarding position. There are certain performance standards that must be upheld, but they aren't unreasonable and can be pretty forgiving. The people are cool, the money is good, great benefits, and the opportunity is high. We all have the same hourly rate, are given the same tools, have access to the same leads; it's up to the individual to go out and make it happen...which is something I can appreciate. As someone with a high level of education and respectable work history, the money I make here absolutely blows any other salaried position I've had or are available to me out of the water.

Cons

This job can be extremely rewarding if you are performing well, or pretty underwhelming if you aren't. But then again this is sales - you're not getting paid some luxurious fixed hourly rate no matter what you do, you are getting paid to sell a product and are compensated in direct proportion to your ability to do so. The office can be loud and full of distractions...while it doesn't bother/affect me personally, I understand that it may it not be for everyone.

GoDaddy2020-01-12
  2. "Great culture, great upper management in talent acquisition, AMAZING opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits 100% paid basic medical and 50% of dependents. Commuter benefits. Discounted employee stock program, 401 k with 3.5% match Co-workers make it a fun place to work Cool new building Subsidized lunches (4 options - 2 food trucks and 2 pop up restaurants) $5 Adjustable desks (stand to sit) Noise cancelling headphones Mac or PC options provided

Cons

Free parking options for all employees. Non exempt roles use free street parking, but there is currently plenty of parking.... but Austin is growing and so is the East side.

GoDaddy2020-01-10
  3. "Great culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Social Media Advisor

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Top of the line training. You are given all tools and the managers are willing to help you along with your teammates. Benefits are better than my military and railroad benefits. Teaches you a lot about yourself. Need to be mentally strong.

Cons

Can't work from home. Christmas eve you don't work but you aren't paid unless you request vacation hours.

GoDaddy2019-12-31
  4. "Great Benefits, Lacks great leaders.."

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are great from health, vision, & dental to daycare.

Cons

Upper management is riddled with people who fail to make critical decisions out right stalling progress at the company. I have never seen people with so much ability get absolutely nothing done in 3 years and get praised for it.

Advice to Management

Clean out your leadership and start new, starting with your VPs. It is crazy how you expect agents to perform daily or loose their jobs while your upper management is not held to the same standard

GoDaddy2019-12-30
  5. "Great opportunity to start sales career with credible company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, fun and young environment, snacks/drinks available for purchase.

Cons

great commission structure but very low base pay and no pay incentives for tenured reps.

Advice to Management

Focus on your tenured reps who may not want to be a sales manager, this is a very high turnover job and the reps who have been there for 2+ years should feel like they can go to another department or have a path to do it.

GoDaddy2019-12-30
  6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Cdt

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Rate of pay, no weekends

Cons

Nothing, great company to work for

GoDaddy2019-12-23
  7. "Team manager"

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Great working environment- new office - free snacks- fantastic canteen subsidised so good value - lots of Godaddy themed goodies- support given in all areas from upper management to the HR department - building towards a flagship centre of excellence.

Cons

Change is the lifeblood of any contact centre and is not often received positively - this should be embraced as from change comes growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive energy you are trying to achieve throughout all Godaddy brands.

GoDaddy2019-12-23
  8. "Don't bother taking a job with this department"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team is young and care about each other Team outings Yearly Bonuses

Cons

Stressful job Low salary Management does not care about your growth Some are there just for the vacation

Advice to Management

Give opportunities to those who have been with the department for a long time, create a career path and offer training to the team.

GoDaddy2019-12-31

"Used to be a great company until senior management changed."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales in Nottingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits of this company would be events, free snacks and drinks only.

Cons

GoDaddy once had technically minded agents that would care about the customers, but seems they have just filled these gaps with sales agents that only know what the product is and not why the customer would need it or what they could achieve with it. I was pushed into a role I did not want as my old job was shared out across all teams (before moving overseas). Correct training was not provided for my new role, my training consisted of me showing the other agents how to do my old job before getting back on the phone, learning nothing of the outbound role. The company hired 100's of new employees to a role that has no stability and placing agents on a personal improvement plan just for having a bad month. It amazes me how a company can spend so much on pointless events, drinks and snacks but will move inbound roles overseas because it is cheaper. If you're not in the right team the environment can be very toxic.

Advice to Management

Some (maybe 2 at most) managers/team leaders are brilliant there but others have NO CLUE AT ALL and they always seem to be dealing with something HR related. (HR is useless too) 'as long as the sale is up on the board - who cares if the customer cancels it in a month or so.' lose that attitude Make progression more clear. You will be provided a sheet with tiers, you have to find where you fit yourself and then finally after managing to get time off the phone to work on it they'll probably just hire externally anyway.

GoDaddy2019-12-27
  10. "Great people, still a corporate, inflexible job."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for entry level. Good management, overall positive environment.

Cons

Lack of flexibility, gimmicky amenities to make up for it. Company based off retention instead of product/values.

Advice to Management

Offer flexible work and remote options.

GoDaddy2019-12-27