GoDaddy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

GoDaddy Interview Questions

Interviews at GoDaddy

2.6

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

Very efficient. Applied, heard back within 3-4 weeks, had phone screening. I didn't progress further in the process from that and was notified via email that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy to the point and some sales skills. Recruiting call was 10-15 min. Basic questions like availability and past experience especially in sales.

I did not proceed with the next step in hiring process so I don’t know and am not sure of it. I was only looking for part time job at that time.

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

I had a lovely interview experience. Interviewer was very nice. I interviewed for 1 hour. I wrote all code on paper. when I got stuck on a question the interviewer helped me and guided me through the question. overall lovely experience.

Security Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Process took eight hours with Seven sets of zoom interviews with different people including hiring manage, other managers and future peers.
    Glad it did it did not work out, almost did not want to do last interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your perfect job and what is a good fit?   1 Answer
    • What port does ping use   1 Answer

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

7 rounds of 1 hour Zoom meetings plus an initial 30 min meeting with a recruiter from HR. Two of interviews were for a culture fit, two were technical, and three were general IT Security knowledge. The interview process was way longer than it needed and took over 4 weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Received only one HR call and was not offered to further rounds, had to give a test which was SQL and Case question which was easy. Asked around joins, group by, column selection

Interview Questions

• Received HR call, spoke to the recruiter - basic questions like why Godaddy, where do you see yourself, what are the expectations, resume walk through   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

I applied online and had a few phone interviews that went really well. They invited me to their office in California, where I do not live. The office was in a corporate office park, with other known tech companies, with not much else around. Nothing you could walk to for lunch, for instance.

After arriving at the location, the manager introduced himself and then he said, "Let's walk." We then proceeded to walk around this track, all the way around the office like 3-4 times. He walked kind of fast and it was very distracting to keep up, and while exercising, and trying to put on a good first impression. It was also disorienting, going around in circles. I become affected by motion-sickness quite easily.

Finally we sat down and after him, I met with two other people from the office, who asked a few interview questions/told me what they did, etc. Then we had lunch, which they said they had catered. I kind of realized they had to do this as there wasn't anywhere to go get lunch nearby.

I got the impression during the interview that they were looking for reasons to trip me up (eg, the walking), not assess whether I was the right person for the job and whether this would be a mutually good fit. I have never before or since been asked to exercise in a job interview for a sit-down office job.

The in-person interview lasted about 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario for a new product and asked me to think of a solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

Interview process was pretty relevant to the role. Overall, I liked the process which is very professional.

Process:
    1. *Initial screening* was a HackerRank with 2 questions (LC easy to medium) . Time limit - 60 mins
    2. *Director - Telephonic Screening*: I am not sure if this is just because the hiring position is SE4 or in general telephonic screening is done by Director. But this round involved questions pertaining to work experience, domain knowledge and basic programming skills
    3. **Onsite**: It is long but very relevant to the role. I never found any interview unnecessary as each interview was focussed on checking some specific skill required for this role.
    > Round - 1 :
        Q1: LC Hard recursive problem related to String manipulation
        Q2: LC Medium Binary tree problem

> Round - 2 : Work Experience related questions + Behavioral + Domain specific questions

> Round - 3 :
        Q1: LC Hard
        Q2: LC Medium
        Q3: Multithreaded problem but we did not work on this problem as time did not allow

> Round - 4 : This was suppose to be a technical coding round but ended up as a discussion. Probably because interviewer might got a feedback from previous programming interviews. Interviewer was pretty experienced with vast domain experience. Drilled deep into my resume.

> Round - 5 : Typical System Design question like Design Instagram, Design Youtube etc.
    > Round - 6: Wrap Up with Director.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward, nothing beyond the ordinary. The position title and description were not accurate. Ultimately the position was a more entry level role than what I understood from the description. However, the Interviewer / Recruiter was very helpful and offered to put me in touch with opportunities higher up than the one I had originally applied for and became a great contact over time. Very transparent recruiting process, very clear about what they were interested in for the job and passionate about finding the right fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my background as the job ended up being a lower-level position than what I understood from the job title and description. The Recruiter was very helpful in identifying opportunities more within my experience level.   Answer Question

Real Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Had a pre-qualification phone interview with recruiter. Follow-up with 3 panel Zoom interview. No issues at this point great interview with the panel. I was told would get a follow on decision in 2 -3 days. A week goes by without a word. Sent email to recruiter advising "Hey, I was told would get follow-up on position in a few days." All of a sudden I get a generic decline email in my inbox followed up with a call from recruiter few minutes later. Recruiter gives the "Sorry we decided to go in another direction with position at this time. Best of luck and keep on applying to other godaddy positions. " I said okay thank you, can you provide feedback on my interview on what areas were good and what needed some work. Recruiter said "We don't do that here." I asked for contact information from the panel to get feed back. Again recruiter said, "We don't do that here." I said wow, If applicants are rejected how are they to know what areas of the interviewing that needed work? No response from recruiter. So I sent contacted and sent the Hiring Manager a LinkedIn message, thanking for the interview and asked for feedback about my interview to better prepare in the future. So has been 2 weeks now and no reply. Bottom line is, treat applicants with professionalism and respect even if not offered a position we all deserve it for taking the time to apply and go through the requested steps. Makes you wonder if not respected at this level how is it working for godaddy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for godaddy?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.