Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.5
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a positive work/life balance" (in 61 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Quickly evolving organization so there are some growing pains" (in 37 reviews)

• "The company has expanded into two buildings in Mill Valley" (in 20 reviews)

"Great place to build commercial skills in a friendly environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small close office in a great location.

Lots of support from management.

Transparent culture where nothing is kept from you.

Friendly colleagues. who like seeing you do well.

Opportunity for international travel regularly.

Great work life balance .

Cons

As with any small organisation going through rapid expansion there are some growing pains.

Response rate from support services can be slow.

New systems mean tracking your quota performance can be challenging.

There are never enough Vit Hits in the fridge ;)

Advice to Management

Keep building in EMEA . Progress has been huge in the last few months and I am really excited to see what the business develops into.

Continue to invest in facilities and perks to keep employees engaged and productive.

As we continue to grow in size make sure not to allow the great culture that the business has to be lost.

2. "EMEA on the Rise"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very exciting time for Glassdoor Dublin, our EMEA HQ. There have been a number positive changes over the last 6 months, including a new local leadership team, new offices on Stephen's Green, and a great new attitude in the Dublin Office.

Everyone feels excited about the journey we are on to Help People Find a Job in a Company they Love. Leadership is very open about the expansion plans and there is a strong sense of belief and togetherness. We understand that finding local solutions to local problems is the key to our success.

Cons

As the EMEA arm of the business, we are still reliant on our US cousins to implement requests which can add to delays in execution, which can be frustrating. Within the Sales Org, it still feels like we spend too much time dealing with Operational Issues which can restrain our growth.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to the feedback and leverage what you are hearing to steer the ship. We really appreciate everything you have done to support the teams in Dublin and ask that you continue to help us grow, now more than ever.

3. "No better time to join!"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Comprehensive training both online self-driven and classroom based
    - Smart and friendly colleagues - managed to maintain scrappy, startup culture across different offices
    - Excellent solution delivering great results for clients
    - Opportunities for advancement and professional development

The recent acquisition by Recruit Holdings means Glassdoor will be able to speed up the expansion efforts in EMEA and beyond. There's never been a better time to join! Like my colleagues, I'm extremely excited to see what the next 12+ months brings for Glassdoor.

Cons

Not enough green Vit-hits ;)
    No other cons so far

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Glassdoor! We are rapidly expanding in EMEA and the future looks bright. My favourite thing about working here is how close we all are as a team. My team are like a second family - we battle through the tough times and celebrate the great times together. The office atmosphere makes you feel like you can be completely yourself. I work with some really talented and driven people who are passionate about our company's mission.

Glassdoor only hire the best and if you want to succeed here, you have to hold yourself accountable and be adaptable to change. Managers will always be there to support you, but ultimately you are the captain of your own ship.

Our new VP has hired some really strong leadership who have made some really positive changes to the org. This is the first company where I actually look forward to coming into work each day!

Cons

Communications between US and EMEA needs some improvement, both from an IT support and operational side. Due to the time difference, things can take a little longer to get fixed/complete which can slow down operations here on the ground. Prioritizing EMEA requests in the US may help speed up processes. We've hired a new IT person in Dublin who is due to start soon, so this should be a great help.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to you ground staff and keep communications open and transparent.

"Exceptional Talent, Culture and Opportunities"

Current Employee - SDR in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - SDR in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits
    Amazing culture
    Career growth opportunities
    Great management

Cons

Honestly can't think of any, keep doing what you're doing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. "Totally worth it"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Glassdoor recently and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

The Dublin office isn't too big yet, which I prefer, and everyone working here brings good vibes. Glassdoor is expanding their EMEA presence, so expect a very fast paced environment, a challenging job and constant learning. Also, be prepared to contribute as an individual to grow the market as well as make Glassdoor Dublin a greater place to work. We're building something big in here!

Cons

Improve benefits - while they are not bad, these can be improved. I suppose as we get bigger this won't be a con anymore.

Advice to Management

Since the new management team started, there have been a lot of improvements in communication and collaboration between teams. Please keep this up and never stop listening to your employees.

"The People, The Growth, The Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth: Glassdoor has experienced tremendous growth since I started with the company in 2013. It has been a true privilege to be a part of the growth and maturity of this company and I have been given so many incredible opportunities to further myself as a marketer and as a person. Having the opportunity to gain global b2b marketing experience is invaluable.

Momentum: I think we have really found our stride in the Dublin office. Things are falling in to place and we are starting to gain momentum. Admittedly, it was a tough transition breaking in to a new market without a playbook and we lacked a few key players to help lead the way but that was all part of the thrill and excitement for me. We had/still have the freedom to try creative campaigns/tactics to find out what exactly works for EMEA.

People: The people make this office. Having moved to Dublin only knowing a handful of people, my co-workers have become some of my best friends and mentors. I really enjoy and admire the people in both the Dublin and London offices and we all generally share the same desire to win. We work hard and still find time to enjoy each other’s company.

Cons

Clarity around the future of this market: This has always been something I have struggled with but that’s part of being a global company. We didn’t have a dedicated person/people that were able to give insight in the long term plan for EMEA. With the recent addition of a few key roles, and dedicated exec buy in, I feel extremely hopeful for the future of Glassdoor in EMEA.

Resources: This is not necessarily a con but in this office you have to be scrappy. You may not have the immediate resources you need at your fingertips so it’s up to you to go get them. That’s just how it is at a startup within a startup. It may fall on you to reach out to our U.S. counterparts to get access to resources you need and that’s okay.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring intelligent and eager leaders in EMEA. Hiring should be a huge focus as we are experiencing growth at the moment. Take the time to hire the people that are right for the business and it’s needs.

Keep the focus on maintaining and growing the culture in the Dublin office. Encouraging ownership of this within the whole team is huge. This is heading in a great direction.

Keep communicating. This is an incredible management team and I really admire the amount of work you all take on. Bring your problems/issues to the table and keep collaborating and communicating with one another.

Lastly - take some risks. We have the ability to try new and innovative ideas in this emerging market. Let’s be unique with our approach.

"Huge Potential in EMEA - Needs Some Major Changes."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Glassdoor because of our amazing values, the intelligent people and the innovative product. It’s been an incredible experience working in the EMEA Headquarters and I definitely got what I applied for.

The product - Glassdoor is changing the way people look for jobs and so many people I know have used Glassdoor to help them in their job search. It's really inspiring to be part of that - even though we work on the employer side.

It's an exciting time to be part of Glassdoor EMEA. In the last 2 years, clients have become a lot more open to discussing Glassdoor and putting budget aside for employer branding. The product is going to get easier to sell and clients are seeing more ROI. The office is beginning to grow again (after some heavy attrition last year) which is great to experience if you are looking to grow your sales career and get access to opportunities outside your primary role eg. Training new employees, being involved in interviews ect.

The office is young, most people are under 35. There's good fun and there's great banter between employees. It's a becoming a collaborative environment which is great to see and there is a close-nit feel, especially in the SDR team.

Access to Stock Options. As a pre-IPO company you have the chance to purchase stock (after a vesting period) with the potential to make money if Glassdoor IPO's or gets acquired.

Cons

Firstly, there’s needs to be more transparent communication. Some of our senior leaders aren’t really open to feedback and it’s left some employees feeling frustrated and unheard. This has led a number of people to leave. We want to practice what we preach with the product that we sell eg. Read the reviews on our page, take feedback on board, make relevant changes but that’s not happening in EMEA. This leads to people speaking to each other in private and not giving feedback to management (because they know it's unlikely anything will be done), which creates a toxic environment. It's hard to keep positive about your job when that's going on, even if you're doing well.

The office needs to be improved. There are two separate rooms, and often a bad smell because of a leak. This separates and isolates some employees, which is detrimental at our young stage when we're trying to build a sustainable culture.

The benefits and perks don't match up at all to other American tech companies in Dublin. This is to be expected at the stage of growth we are at but it's important to know this if you are applying that there are no free lunches (excuse the pun) or big budgets for team outings/activities! This will be there in the future I'd say.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback, take the reviews on board. We are grateful of so much but there is also a lot we need to improve on and every time we speak up, we feel ignored.

It would be great if we had more leaders from EMEA. They would ideally have have a deeper understanding of the UK market, the local working culture and experience in growing an office here. Our leaders have done a great job in getting us this far, now we need local expertise to attract and retain the right employees and get us to the next level of growth.

A new office space would make a big difference in employee happiness and productivitiy.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for creating an amazing company! I’ve no doubt that Glassdoor EMEA will reach the heights that we are aiming for with a few changes.

14 Sep 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback. I’m sorry to hear that things aren’t going as expected. As you know, we take these comments very seriously. To address your feedback on... More

"Not for the faint hearted"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor Dublin is home to our super talented and passionate teams including Marketing, SDRs, New Business, Customer Success and HR.

What I enjoy most about the Dublin Office are the inspirational people I work with every day, who believe in Glassdoor and our mission to help employers hire informed candidates at scale.

We genuinely enjoy spending time together both in and outside of our temporary home in Regus; whether that's going for a run at lunchtime or enjoying a couple of pints in the local pub, where we had a great evening with our CEO, Robert, and his wife when they visited the office a few months back. As pioneers in Dublin, we have the honour of building our flavour of Glassdoor's culture, which is unique to Dublin and it's amazing to see it evolve and grow as we do.

There is a world of potential for Glassdoor in EMEA; don't be naive, it takes hard work and determination - long hours and flexibility and that is not for everyone, and that's ok. Every day I am challenged to find a new way to move forward, find a solution to a new problem that I haven't met before and that's part of the reason I joined.

You need to hold yourself accountable, no one is going to do it for you and it's up to you to find your way to make yourself successful. No one on the team should fear failure, if something goes wrong we share what happened, discuss what we learned and how we will avoid repeating the same mistakes as we move forward.

We are on the crest of the wave in EMEA and I am excited to see what the next 6-12 months will bring for Glassdoor Dublin.

Cons

Working for Glassdoor, I understand how powerful reviews are, and my intention is to collaborate on how we can make Glassdoor Dublin even better...
    As a remote office finding our own way, we have a host of challenges specific to Dublin; from IT and facilities to consistent processes and structure which can take its toll on team morale over time. It can sometimes be frustrating when there is a lack of guidance and it feels like we are battling to catch up as opposed to getting ahead of where we should be as the great company that we are.

I am confident that we will get there, as a team... it's what we pride ourselves on as a company, our grit and determination; and we need to see more inclusivity and autonomy to enable our shared success in EMEA.

Advice to Management

We should be standing on the shoulders of giants, our forefathers in the US who have done this all before... Direct links and more structured support from tenured team members who can help us adopt learnings in a consistent way to drive the success of EMEA.

5 Jul 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

This kind of thoughtful feedback is helpful as we branch into new markets and offices worldwide. I agree with you, we have SO much potential in the Dublin office and beyond. Getting support from the... More

"Many things need to improve..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

- I genuinely love, support and believe in our company mission. Really like our product.
    - You get the chance to work and interact with Talented Managers at Director level.
    - There are nice & smart people in all offices, so recruiting is doing a good job in the cultural aspect.
    - Glassdoor is building up an amazing brand in the US and growing in the UK.

Cons

I hope these notes are not taken as negative, but as an opportunity to grow and make improvements:
    - Sometimes it feels that EMEA and US are complete different companies, with different benefits and culture.
    - Not as many Benefits as in other companies. Which it’s fine when you join and for the first few months. However, after a year we do need to see an improvement if we want to keep talent here.
    - My Training and On-boarding was really poor. (Close to none).
    - Many people leaving in a short period of time. It's not a good sign when people leave often in such a small team, this needs to be acknowledged.
    - Working from home doesn’t seem to be a valid option in EMEA, while it’ openly accepted in the US.
    - Nowadays I wouldn't recommend a friend to work in the Dublin Office and I hope to see an improvement so I can change my mind about it.
    - Sometimes you feel that new ideas are not welcome or that they are always put on hold. If this keeps happening, you can end up feeling frustrated and unappreciated.
    - Due to time-zone difference we need to have conference calls late in the evening. It’s fine if it happens once in a while, but it would feel good if some calls could be arranged earlier: for example, at 5.00 pm instead of 8.00 pm Dublin time. (5.00 pm in Dublin is 9.00 am in California). I've been told this would improve since I joined the company!

Advice to Management

- Improvement needed on Benefits and workplace. With the current spaces, it doesn’t feel comfortable after being here for a while.
    - Account Managers are overwhelmed; new hires are needed promptly and recruiting process is taking too long. We need more people to manage a good book of business.
    - We need to improve our processes and become less bureaucratic. Please listen and value new ideas.
    - It would be good to be more open and transparent about the opportunity to work from home when needed.

19 May 2017 – CHRO

I appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. As we expand into new offices and locations, culture is top of mind for us, both in maintaining what has worked at HQ, and making room for... More