Glassdoor Reviews

Found 791 of over 863 reviews

3.9
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is strongly encouraged which is table stakes as a father with a young child(in 103 reviews)

• "Great people ( They really are 'good eggs' in GD lingo)(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company has growing pains they are working out(in 49 reviews)

• "None, good work life balance, freedom(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Good company and culture

Mar 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, wonderful atmosphere and an enjoyable place to come to work everyday.

Cons

Unfortunately the handling of the redundancy news in May was executed poorly.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office with decent work life balance. Salary was fair and balanced. Fast paced company. Like most tech companies. Generally enjoyed the experience.

Cons

Growing pains like most tech companies. Has a reputation for fake reviews harming normal companies with disgruntled employees. Needs to correct that image to improve reputation.

Glassdoor Response

Sr. Director of Total Rewards

Thanks for the feedback and we are happy to hear your entire compensation package felt fair and balanced. We take into account all the components of compensation from base salary, bonus/commission targets and equity as a long-term incentive. We strive to ensure we are paying to our market and are intentional in some components by exceeding the market with direct peer groups. Two times per year, which run in parallel to our Fall and Spring focal reviews (bonuses are paid every 6 months per year), we compare and benchmark against similar companies by industry, headcount and our annual revenue. The companies we benchmark against include Redfin, Gogo, Quotient Technology, MongoDB and many others. We intentionally target our base salary midpoint as the 65th percentile for non-tech roles and in the 75th percentile for tech roles. Most technology companies target competitive wages at the 50th percentile when benchmarking base pay. This means that 65-75% of organizations we compete with, will pay less than our rate for that role. Thanks again for the feedback and glad you were a part of our team. - Brian Conner, Sr. Director of Total Rewards

3. Ask Employees™

I am satisfied with Glassdoor’s progress to date on its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.

Agreed or Strongly Agreed: 87%Polled: Jan 2022Responses: 204 ResponsesResponses: 204Audience: All employees
      Agree 110 (54%)
      Featured Employee Response

While there is always work to do, I truly believe that Glassdoor walks the walk when it comes to DEI. The support and prominence that is given to our ERGs and DEI issues is phenomenal. It's a topic that is infused from the top down in our OKRs from the CEO to the Executive team and below. And it's infused into our daily work lives. It seems like were are at the upper echelon of companies who are so strongly commited to DEI and it makes me very proud. I hope that others follow in our footsteps!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great People

Jul 26, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

People Positive Mindset Transparent Culture Outstanding Onbaording Online Programme (6-weeks) Great buddy up system

Cons

Hi-Cups with Indeed partnership slightly slowing progresss

Glassdoor Response

VP, Global Sales

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective. I am glad to hear that you feel Glassdoor has great people and that the mindset is positive and transparent. Those are all absolutely core values we strive to build and protect in our daily culture. I am thankful you are here and part of this team to help us continue to do that! I also understand the feedback regarding our partnership with our sister Company Indeed and at times that can feel like it slows you down. There is still an opportunity to make the partnership even stronger and more seamless. Please know that myself and the rest of your leadership team will continue to prioritize the team’s feedback to ensure that happens. Thank you again for your feedback and being a part of this Glassdoor journey. VP Global Sales, Molly McKinstry

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and people

Jun 22, 2021 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are amazing. Good pay, strong leadership. Transparent culture. Excelent onboarding

Cons

Delays in decision making with indeed

6. 2.0

Not Great

Mar 26, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with the opportunity to progress

Cons

Micromanagement focused on metrics and not actually helping employees

7. 5.0

Loved my time there

Mar 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

really friendly place to work with a great team, great perks like snacks, pension and healthcare

Cons

Some management can be quick micro mangement style

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Glassdoor Dublin

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation and benefits package

Cons

Hired new employees and later them off after only a few months

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Constant Change,

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Good people WFH is made easy

Cons

Culture has gone with redundancies Career progression is limited as not growing right now

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Progressive Leadership

Sep 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recent decision for radical transparency is a significant positive development.

Cons

Working in the recruitment sector in an economic downturn is a significant challenge.

11. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's not the same company it was, but it's still a good place to work

Jul 17, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although a lot has changed this year and it has been and will be a huge challenge, there are still positives at Glassdoor. For my role I feel I am paid fairly and when we had a physical office in Dublin, I felt we were well taken care of in terms of the usual perks (office snacks, team nights out etc). Hopefully the company will find a way to continue that while we work from home for the foreseeable due to COVID-19. In the past I always felt that career opportunities were great at the company - I am unsure if this will continue, but hope it will. At the moment I feel that management and leadership are listening to what we have to say, and our opinions are being taken on board. Working from home has been great and the flexibility that the company has always shown in terms of time off is a huge positive. I am hoping we can continue to work from home on a permanent basis but that is still TBC. Overall I am still happy to be working for Glassdoor but there are huge challenges ahead.

Cons

Let's be honest, the slashing of around 55 jobs in Dublin and 300 globally was handled terribly. It felt like a house we had been building for years had just been hit by a bomb. The announcement was handled badly. We have preached transparency for years and at the moment when we needed it most, leadership failed. The reviews on this page from Dublin pre-March 2020 are now worthless as this is no longer the same company. It is a similar company, but definitely not the same one I have worked in for 4 years . The reorganisation has been a bit of a mess and I think it will be the same for the next 6-9 months. - I guess that is to be expected with such a large change in strategy. Unfortunately with the recent changes, we now have no high level leadership on the ground in EMEA and we have gone back to being led by the US. This did not work in the past, and it wont work going forward. We need someone with overall responsibility for the region to be actually in the region to deal with issues if / when they arise. With the reorganisation, the jobs we were previously doing have changed significantly, and to be honest a lot of us feel like we have been demoted (despite the company message that we have not).

6 people found this review helpful