Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.5
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
0 Rating
Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning(in 66 reviews)

• "flexibility with working from home when needed, and a culture of great people who love your children and embrace them as part of the Glassdoor family(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "growing pains on the technical side(in 43 reviews)

• "The company has expanded into two buildings in Mill Valley(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great fun, very rewarding! - Be prepared to WORK HARD though!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There is great energy in the office every day, I never dread coming into work - Great support from everyone, from teammates right the way up to senior leadership - Exciting international growth! - Career progression is a genuine possibility - Management want to understand how you work, and adapt to that - Plenty of autonomy, if you find a way that works better, run with it (and share it :))

Cons

- Some growing pains, which is to be expected. If you don't like change, this is definitely not for you - Sometimes the work-life balance isn't the best. As I mentioned in the title of the review, "be prepared to WORK HARD". That said, you are rewarded greatly for your effort! - Slightly stricter controls/kpi's being put in place as we grow and expand in EMEA

Advice to Management

- Let's not forget who we are as we grow aggressively in EMEA! The culture in the Dublin office is the best I've ever experienced - Give Fiona more budget! :P

Glassdoor2019-04-26

"Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an incredible place to work. Everybody is helpful, welcoming and makes you feel like you're part of a family. Huge room to grow your career. The products themselves are brilliant, and help people find jobs and companies that they love so you feel like your work has a great impact on everyone who uses Glassdoor. The company is relatively small compared to competitors. This allows for agile improvements to respond to the market without having the bureaucracy of a large company.

Cons

There is nothing I can call out as being a negative!

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you've laid out, things are working so well!

Glassdoor2019-09-23

"Loved My Time Here"

Former Employee - Team Manager - Customer Success - EMEA in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Glassdoor is… -making the world a better place by helping people make informed career decisions and by -helping employers attract and retain top talent. -providing culture-rich offices and teams. -creating life-changing career opportunities for many employees. -making meaningful improvements to the user experience. -supporting employees in new ways with the creation of niche support roles. -humble enough to identify what needs fixing and try to course correct. -growing quickly in EMEA, now with effective leadership across all functions. -led by increasingly strong leaders who enable growth and inspire others.

Cons

POSITIONING: GD is still often viewed as an Employer Branding site vs. a multi-pronged Talent solution. VALUE: Customer ROI is highly subjective and often difficult to quantify. The result is that GD account teams feel pressure to accommodate any amount of one-off requests (i.e. people-please) instead of strategically execute on a defined success plan. SLAs: Service specifics and value delivery are largely undefined and left open to interpretation SCALE: many tasks and processes remain manual and time-consuming, pulling employees out of non-core activity.

Advice to Management

Constantly revisit and clarify your value proposition. To help, use 100% of your own product features and inform the internal staff of how Glassdoor leverages Glassdoor's own LEPs, Insights, JobAds/Slots, etc... Prove you're truly indispensable. Make sure customers are well aware of where the line starts and stops with service, relative to their purchase. This will protect people’s time, equalize book planning and generate revenue opportunities (e.g. Professional Services, advanced training & consultation, customized reporting, community training webinars, etc…). Truly Commit to Scale. Identify where employees are spending time on low-impact activity and commit to workable solutions. Back this with ample headcount dedicated to scale. In Closing: I love Glassdoor and I owe so much of my career path – and personal life journey – to this great company. I remain so grateful for the entire experience, including an overwhelmingly warm send-off at the end. Countless GD employees are kind-hearted, collaborative, driven and super smart. It was an honor to work with them. Despite runway (every company has it), I know Glassdoor will continue to be a great place to work and will continue working to do right by its employees, users and customers.

Glassdoor2019-12-13
  4. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Legal Director in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Values , Positive work environment, Opportunities, Team spirit, Exciting time for the company and its employees as it expands its global reach

Cons

No negatives come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going to fulfil the Mission of Helping people everywhere to find a job and company they love

Glassdoor2019-07-15
  5. "Practice what they preach."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and helpful. They live by the cultural values that they speak to customers about.

Cons

I am sure there are some, I haven't found out what they are yet.

Glassdoor2019-07-10

"Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with a really great and collaborative team. We all want eachother to do well and will help out where we can. My favourite thing is a the culture at Glassdoor. Everyone works hard but we can all have a bit of fun while we are at it. Plently of nights out and reconigition for overachievement. You have to be pretty resilient in this role but the rewards are worth it. There are loads of progression opportunities in every department which is great. Plenty of snacks in the office and drink (the good kind), playstation and sometimes you might see a dog running round! Overall, happy working here and looking forward to the future of GD.

Cons

Seem to be a lot of sales ops issues that take ages to get resolved. Sometimes extra hours are needed to hit target.

Glassdoor2019-01-23

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture and team moral, everyone is so friendly and helpful i found. Close family feel as if your part of a family. Training and on boarding is excellent. Offices are in a great location with all the bells and whistles. Oppurtunity to grow in the role.

Cons

The lunch bar and snacks could be improved

Advice to Management

Nothing to report - its been excellent.

Glassdoor2019-01-08

"Sales Development Representative (SDR)"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Could be advantageous to have Tech multinational experience on your CV, as it is a well known brand. Start up environment, in a great location. Earning potential is generous.

Cons

Probation period of 6 months is actually make or break after 3 months. If you are not hitting & exceeding targets from month 1 your life quickly becomes extremely stressful and management become pessimistic & micro-managers watching, listening and monitoring your calls & calendar. Overall Glassdoor is a very difficult product to sell given a lot of prospective clients you a cold approaching dislike Glassdoor, have had negative experience using Glassdoor or received poor reviews that as an SDR you can not remove. Work life balance, holidays and weekends are sacrificed to hit targets that can feel achievable.

Advice to Management

Care about more then targets and treat your staff as people first, fee earners second.

Glassdoor2019-01-10

"As transparent as they come"

Current Employee - SDR in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

EMEA office is expanding at a rapid rate meaning the buzz about the office is electric. You don't feel like a small fish in a big pond, higher management are approachable and ready to listen, proactive. Not your typical run of the mill sales position, everybody within the office genuinely wants you to do well.

Cons

To 'smash targets' is almost expected, it's rewarded generously, but you feel that added pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency burning! To be kept in the know of the business operations and growth plans is powerful, it's keeps you wanting to grow with Glassdoor. All round you're all doing an amazing job, so hats off to you.

Glassdoor2018-11-30

"Great Company but be prepared to work hard!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Early stages of growth so an exciting time to be in the company and a lot of potential for growth and progression - Still a small company so you can feel valued and your opinion matters, even if you're just a new member - Not a typical cold-calling environment - more of a consultative approach to selling which helps you learn a lot more about the product / service from the beginning of your career - A lot of nights out and company social events to enjoy - Relatively young team so there's a lot of energy and the culture is great - Great people to learn off and grow as a sales person - BAMF - Pizza Fridays - Free Snacks, beers, wine, VitHits

Cons

- Work life balance can be difficult at times and quota does not change if you have paid time off so this can be very stressful, especially for new starts which causes people to work unsociable hours and weekends - Promotion timeline and criteria has been very vague so expectations aren't properly set for new joiners

Advice to Management

- Have clearer expectations set for new joiners for promotion - As we start to grow, try to maintain the culture (BAMF, Kuddle etc.) - Be more realistic with quotas so that people don't feel guilty for taking time off

Glassdoor2018-11-30