EssentialSkillz Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 25 November 2018

5.0
Julian Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "No better time to join!"

Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in Galway
    Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in Galway

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at EssentialSkillz recently and I couldn't be happier with my decision.
    Lots of support from management.
    Friendly colleagues, who like seeing you do well.
    Career growth opportunities.
    Good benefits.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any, keep doing what you're doing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galway
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galway

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time

Pros

very friendly colleagues, awesome working hours, honestly the best employer I've worked for

Cons

there's not really a possibility to do extra hours in exchange for more AL

"Company with lots of personality!"

Current Employee - Manager in Galway
    Current Employee - Manager in Galway

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful offices with well thought out perks - including fruit, discount on nearby restaurant, goodies on a Friday, nice coffee.
    Friendly environment with good team spirit.
    Good opportunities
    Company is going places
    Great sports and social events
    Senior management easily accessible

Cons

None so far - enjoying my experience here.

Advice to Management

Great job - keep up the good work!

4. "Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Galway
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Galway

I worked at EssentialSkillz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in Essentianskillz for a while and I can definitely say it's a unique working place. People are super engaged and friendly, the daily atmosphere is great and working conditions are exceptional. Because of the fast and sustainable growth of the company and the product they develop (health and safety e-learning system - all customers love it!), everyone feels to be a part of something good and positive and management is strongly supporting a work-life balance. The company is well structured, so even though they've been on the market for more than 15 years it still feels like a perfect startup.

Cons

This place is really awesome so if you see job opportunity there just take it before it's gone!

Advice to Management

Keep up doing the great work

5. "Best company I've worked for"

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Galway
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Galway

I worked at EssentialSkillz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work culture and very supportive. There is no politics - no us and them. They treat their employees and their customers very well and that is what provides such a lovely working environment. They pay decent wages and provide a pension, health allowance and great canteen with half price meals in the restaurant across the car park.

Cons

They've all gone a bit fitness crazy since I left plus they've now moved into dead trendy new offices! I unfortunately had to move back to Dublin :-(

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "A great place to work."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chester, England (UK)

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great culture. Everybody pulling on the same direction and happy to help each other when needed. Continual growth year on year. Always looking for new products and markets to take the company forward to the next level.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep on developing and pushing into new products and markets. Put a pension scheme in place for all. Company wide bonus scheme to celebrate success.

7. "Forward Thinking - Excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Chester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Chester, England (UK)

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management - Management at EssentialSkillz have been better than any company I have previously worked for. Being able to express ideas from a new stand point and see higher level actually interested makes you feel like you are part of the entire organisation and not just a number.

Staff - I've never seen so many people motivated to work for a company and see people genuinely excited to work on a product that helps customers it is like a big family.

Offices - We have two offices with the headquarters being the modern office in Ireland, I work from the Chester office which is lovely and close to everything we need in the UK.

Learning - My skills within design and coding have increased tenfold since working here, everyday I'm presented with new challenges which allows me to learn the latest technologies and see them working in live environments.

Flexibility - Being able to work from home if I need to is also a massive bonus and trusting staff with this is a really nice thing as well.

Just an all round good company to work for.

Cons

None that I can see so far. Maybe we could jazz up the Chester office a little!

Advice to Management

Invest in the staff at the company and keep the culture as it grows, the atmosphere of a small company can be lost very easily and its a huge bonus to working at EssentialSkillz.

8. "Great, friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chester, England (UK)

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open an collaborative culture. Genuine desire to win and keep business by creating value for the customers.

Cons

None really. Being an SME there is limited scope for a major role change, but the rate of growth means opportunities will arise.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Introduce a holiday purchase scheme on salary sacrifice to allow top up of annual leave.

9. "No other place to be!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of my colleagues added that this is like a big family, well that's exactly how I would put it, just great people to be around, a CEO who is not a name above a door but a friend to us all, makes this the perfect place to be oh and by the way, a fantastic product to add to this great company!

Cons

I would like to find one so that it doesn't look biased amongst us, but I really can't!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, it works!

10. "My Time with EssentialSkillz"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at EssentialSkillz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company with great people and management team who understand the value in looking after their staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working at EssentialSkillz and resigned and left with a very heavy heart to take up a new position in another company that was just too good an opportunity to turn down.

They are a small, very well run, financially stable forward thinking company who will continue to go from strength to strength because not only because of its products and services but it's people as well. I have never worked with a more friendly, capable, quality of service driven group of people in all my years in working and owning businesses.

Cons

Absolutely no negatives whatsoever, great company, great products and services and great work ethos.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, never change.