CarTrawler Reviews

Updated 2 Aug 2020

3.3
CarTrawler CEO Cormac Barry
Cormac Barry
Pros
  • "The work needs to be done and it is fast paced but the balance of hard work and social interaction makes this much easier(in 22 reviews)

• "There's a great social scene with very active sports and social(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Call centre can be challenging with some negative calls, underlying technology & processes needs innovation(in 7 reviews)

• "Lack of structure as senior management level which was emphasized as the company grew(in 7 reviews)

1. "Operations Dept"

5.0

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good perks Fun and relaxed atmosphere Work/life balance Hard working & helpful people Competitive salary Transparent culture

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Broker in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful people, good atmosphere. French team is great. I spent 3 years there and would highly recommend cartrawler to everyone. It was a rewarding experience.

Cons

The peak season is very busy and can be challenging

3. COVID-19

"Leadership showed employee focus"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time

Pros

Company has dealt with the current pandemic in a very humane and employee focused manner.

Cons

Nothing to add right now

4. "A great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for more than a year

Pros

A place where you will have feeling of belonging. Nice environment and good life balance.

Cons

Old technology and a quite slow to move on.

5. "Nice place, nice people"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone at Cartrawler is very nice, knowledgeable and wants to get things done the right way.

Cons

Salaries are lower than market

6. "call centre"

1.0
    Former Employee - Call Centre Agent in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a call centre agent in Cartrawler. I was hired at the same time as a number of other people and we all completed the training together. The other people just starting were some of the nicest people I've come across.

Cons

If you have any other option, avoid this position. They cram the training and shadowing in the shortest time possible as it seems they're are always short staffed on the floor. You get maybe 4-10 seconds between each call. Once you finish with one customer you are expected to go back on the phone and be ready for the next right away. If you dont appear on the system as 'available' then your team lead will walk over to ask you why you're not taking your next call. Even if you just have to use the bathroom or send an email for the customer you were just helping, they will be over asking what the problem is. This might be tolerable if it wasnt for the experiences you will have on the phone to customers. Even if you only work there a short time you will be constantly getting shouted at, insulted, and berated by furious customers. This is honestly the worst job I've ever had and there is a reason their employee turn over is so high. Please do yourself a favour and dont work here as a call centre agent

7. "Amazing people!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people at Cartrawler are truly amazing. It feels like one huge family! - Very approachable, transparent and open C-level. - Very knowledgeable and supportive escalation team. - Great incentive competitions across the floor with great prizes and lots of fun! - Very friendly, collaborative and welcoming atmosphere.

Cons

- Because of the type of support provided, weekends and bank holiday work required (known well in advance).

Continue reading
  8. "A great place to work"

I worked at CarTrawler full-time

Pros

Fun place to work with great company atmosphere. Good work/life balance Pension and health insurance benefits

Cons

Location is awkward to get to

9. "Really nice place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the general atmosphere are absolutely great. Had a lot of fun working in Cartrawler. Somewhat flexible with working hours and work from home. Great work-life balance.

Cons

It was hard to be heard from management and even raise possible workflow or technical improvements. Repetitive and time consuming tasks were piling up. Lack of focus in automation and fencing access to tooling lead to requiring constant human communication for daily tasks, which was boring and frustrating at times. Felt like the salary was lower than average and my request to discuss my yearly salary increase got shot down (This was happening in the past but new management seemed to have put an end to)

Continue reading
  10. "Customer Care Executive"

1.0

I worked at CarTrawler

Pros

The team bonding, support of the team ,

Cons

Management style, organisation structure, information shared, no bonus, no commission, lack of recognition. Pressure.

Found 183 reviews