What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There is a great culture in each individual branch as well as across the nation as one unified company." (in 277 reviews)
- "The best thing about CDW is we have some really great people who really care about our customers and our company." (in 237 reviews)
- "CDW offers great benefits and a company you can be proud to say you work for." (in 214 reviews)
- "There is also a great work life balance as long as you prove that you are a high performer." (in 151 reviews)
- "There was a lot of great training on the different technologies and products on an ongoing basis." (in 142 reviews)
- "Pay is low and 'raises' are less than 3% yet your review will always say how great of a worker you are." (in 171 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and don't seem to be adjusted for higher cost of living areas." (in 148 reviews)
- "poor management and sleazy sales tactics" (in 121 reviews)
- "the problem is the managers have been thre too long so don't know what the real world is like any more." (in 76 reviews)
- "Low base salary and commission takes over a year to ramp up to something comparable to market rates" (in 70 reviews)
Found 3,539 of over 4K reviews
Updated 20 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW5 Apr 2023Account RepresentativeCurrent Employee
Honestly, this organization is unlike any other I have had the chance to work for. Everyone here is GENUINELY excited to work with you and most importantly will give you their time to help without question. Company policies are carefully curated and geared towards a positive, healthy work environment. Other companies I've worked for have been the antithesis of this, policies are not employee driven, no one wants to help one another, and there is a lot of drama and red tape. I wish I had joined the team here sooner, honestly. As with any sales focused role, you get out what you put in!
Nothing at this time. I am 100% satisfied with my role and the organization.1
- 4.014 Jun 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDallas-Fort Worth
I did not think I was going to like it as much as I do. I have worked for some MAJOR technology companies and I had worked with CDW in various ways previously. I had a healthy respect for the CDW sales teams. They are pretty great. But getting to know CDW from the inside, and their services/consulting team, I am really impressed. I am also super impressed with the Senior leaders (VPs) and the CEO. Chris Leahy is approachable and caring and has shown, behind closed doors, that she's authentic and wants to keep this culture going. You might be surprised to see the average tenure of coworkers here. People like it and like being here. I've been here for 2+ years and I thought I'd just stay for 2-3 years but I'm sold and I'm sticking around probably until I retire. There is a lot of work to do here and I feel valued.
- This big company is trying to do a renovation while effectively living in the house. It's challenging but, hey, you can't just move out while the renovation happens. There are lots of business modernization projects and investments but somehow the organization remains focused on execution. - Compensation packages are not as lucrative as other places but this is part of the place where they are trying to make improvements. We regularly receive updates on new benefits.1
Tech sales! Any leads on who’s hiring right now? 15 years of sales experience. 6 in tech - 5 at CDW, 1 as an Enterprise AE at an OEM. Looking for an AE role in cybersecurity/data. Seems like the job market is a lot tougher right now with so many layoffs recently…
CDW Reviews FAQs
CDW has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,862 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at CDW to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of CDW employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CDW 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.