Found 6,552 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good for someone my age (£10 per hour) and we also got free makeup" (in 609 reviews)
- "Discount and other friendly staff" (in 434 reviews)
- "The people I work with are all nice people and generally enjoyable to work alongside." (in 336 reviews)
- "Colleagues are nice but other than that it's horrible" (in 324 reviews)
- "Very helpful when starting and training was good." (in 184 reviews)
- "Poor management; timetabled me too many hours and didnt listen when i told them." (in 511 reviews)
- "managers don't know what they are doing they bully there staff especially in central london stores" (in 265 reviews)
- "6pm shift = long hours to be on your feet all day (can't sit down at the tills)" (in 233 reviews)
- "Rude and arogant bosses and long hours." (in 66 reviews)
- "Christmas working hours aren’t family friendly" (in 48 reviews)
- 1.026 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Hard to think of any
When I first started working for boots I really did love it, there was great opportunity’s to progress, enough staff to cover shifts / sick cover and it was a nice environment. That has now changed its very understaffed due to cut backs and a lot of pressure is now put on all levels of staff to ‘pick up the slack’. Store managers are asked to not only do their own daily tasks and run a store but also to be a dispenser, HCA and no7 advisor (with no extra pay or thanks). If someone goes sick, as a manager you’ve to cover their shift meaning you have to work a 12 hour day and forfeit your break to do so (again with no extra pay) as you’re not allowed to pay a staff member an extra day to come in and cover their shift. If you don’t meet a target you have to be able to justify it and ‘no staff’ isn’t a valid reason. Nobody from head office is there to help you but when something goes wrong it’s all eyes on you. Genuinely would not encourage anyone to work here whether that be a pharmacist, manager, customer assistant, etc. There are plenty of jobs at the moment apply for somewhere else.1
- 4.010 Sept 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee
not the hardest job in the world. working on tills is easy, but you have to be fast. better than working in a clothes store - no folding or hanging items haha.
you have no product knowledge, or ever trained on products. Customers will come in asking your advice on anything from shampoo, or skincare etc but we never once got trained or told anything about them - simply have to wing it and pretend you know what your talking about. not much room for promotion within the stores. you can move to the perfum or no. 7 counters but no additional money here just simply need to know all about the products in these areas (which you scrub up on in your own time) - some staff in my store there 5/6 years with no movement. discount is average but certainly could be better. they do double discount days twice a year (if they feel there is a need for double discount then increase the existing one) if your on the closing shift you have to stay 15 mins after closing to tidy the shelves so if the store closes at 7, you don't leave till 7:151
- 3.011 Nov 2023Pharmacy AssistantFormer EmployeeGalway
Sometimes good staff nights/ discount card is good
Overworked, not enough staff, can’t keep the staff. Pay is meant to go up when you do your pharmacy exams, even a year after leaving I still haven’t received it. Ridiculously toxic environment
- 2.015 Oct 2023ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsDublin, Dublin
Discount card is useful. Love helping customer's
No chance to progress in store. Pay us, not great for the work load you have. Long hour's
Boots Reviews FAQs
Boots has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 7,268 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Boots to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
58% of Boots employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Boots 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.