Baxter Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.5
Baxter CEO José (Joe) Almeida
José (Joe) Almeida
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance was not alway achievable the job was very Demanding(in 76 reviews)

• "Management instability, upper management pressures, targets for managers overall insecurity and instability due to rapid hire and fire strategies(in 47 reviews)

1. "manufacturing"

I have been working at Baxter full-time

Pros

nice and healthy company with opportunity

Cons

you mast to fave affinity with someone in the company to find a jod . it is not meritocratic

Baxter2019-10-16
  2. "Great supervisor and great benefits"

Current Employee - Group Leader

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay and benefits are fantastic.

Cons

Difficult co-workers and lack of structure.

Baxter2019-09-15

"Sound company"

Former Employee - Collections Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere among colleagues, Bonus is fair

Cons

Supervisor was not around much

Baxter2019-08-14
  4. "Finance - Good place to work"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment to work (depending on your team), flexible working hours, overtime offered, free coffee from coffee machines, free breakfast and fruit.

Cons

Terrible HR which cannot advise employees about transfer to another company (resulted in loss of hours of hard work), not organised. Very poor general training and not the best software.

Baxter2019-07-10
  5. "Manufacturing"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Castlebar

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health benefits Perfect attendance awards Rate of pay very attractive

Cons

Poor communication with management staff to workers

Baxter2019-06-06
  6. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Baxter full-time

Pros

Good training and management.

Cons

Job really mechanical and repetitive

Baxter2019-04-14

"Loads of overtime and no work life balance"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, mobility, good environment and attractive benefits package

Cons

Loads of overtime No work life balance Poor and misguided leadership Lack of HR support

Baxter2019-03-31
  8. "Great Culture and Team work"

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Good culture, excellent collaboration, excellent cross functional teamwork environment

Cons

Shared commercial head count resources across regional hubs

Baxter2019-02-22
  9. "Boilerhouse Operator"

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

None they are very trustworthy.

Baxter2019-02-19

"Avoid at all costs! Toxic horrible place to work!"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Technician in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only really pro working at Baxter in Deansgrange is the team you work with, they honestly become like family because it’s such a horrible place to work they make it just only bearable. It might sound dramatic but I know anyone I’ve met in my career that’s previously worked there like myself call ourselves survivors and advise anyone looking for work or just out of college to avoid the place at any costs.

Cons

I really don’t know where to start here. The place is an absolute joke. You’re expected to work long hours I’ve worked 7:30 to 11pm on many occasions and was expected to come in for 7:30 the next morning too. With no break from 4pm onwards! You’re treated appallingly by management who skip out the door at 3/4 pm while you’re expected to stay until 11pm! I believe the product they make is unsafe not because the people that work there don’t care, they do but the long hours leads to mistakes especially when sitting on an isolator compounding without breaks for hours on end which I believe aren’t picked up. There’s so much opportunity to make a mistake that would never be picked up due to the set up of your workstation in the isolator. I worked in a similar company before moving to Baxter and the differences are staggering. In my previous job we had to get specific training to work with chemo, I had to know everything about the different drugs, there interactions with other drugs, their stability, their uses, how to handle them properly etc While in Baxter you were not trained on any of this. I’ve watched people shake vials of certain reconstituted drugs violently which destroys the active ingredient hence making the drug ineffective for the patient that was to receive it! I brought this to the attention of management and their response, oh we didn’t know those drugs had to be handled in that way. They have no idea about the products they manufacture which just shocked me. The different chemo drugs come in vials, so particularly potent ones, are wrapped in plastic which they made us remove. I again brought this to management, saying that when we remove the plastic from these vials we’re potentially being exposed to cytotoxic material as the reason this plastic wrap is there in the first place is because manufacturers discovered that when the vials where being filled drug residue was found on the outside of the vials therefore plastic wrap after filling is done to prevent exposure to this residue. Their response, well we have to take the plastic off that’s what our VHP cycles are validated for!! I honestly can’t stress enough how much of a toxic place this is to work in. The management are incompetent. I worked there for two years and believe me that was two years too long. You get into a cycle, you work such long hours that you’re too exhausted to even think of applying for jobs when you get home at night, then when you do and you get an interview, they won’t give you the time off and then when you get a job you’ve to give them two months notice! In the end I just quit, I couldn’t take working their anymore. I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that if myself or any of my family members ever got cancer and had to use Baxter product I’d say no and ask the hospital could I make the chemo myself that’s how little I trust this company and their ability to produce proper safe product for patients. Again it’s not that the staff don’t care, it’s that they’re not trained properly on the actual drugs, they work such long hours coupled with thesetup in the isolators I believe it’s very easy to make a mistake and for cross contamination of products to occur. I honestly can’t understand how the HPRA issue them a medical license year after year. If they just delved a little deeper they’d find some disturbing discoveries even if they just looked at the amount of product Baxter make in the timeframe they say they do! Baxter have no competition in Ireland as they make all the chemotherapy for all of the hospitals bar one or two which make their own on the grounds. This lack of competition is laughable and probably explains why the HPRA don’t delve to deeply into Baxter’s practices. All I can say is AVOID AVOID AVOID!!

Baxter2018-10-09